Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0371  (Read 989 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0371
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0371
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 04:26:28 AM »
This is the second time that I have seen this episode. I missed somethings the first time. Angelique is so cold and evil. I have a question, does Angelique really know what love is? Is she just in lust?  Does she want to use Barnabas as a step to a better life and that is all.

With it being New England, the witch hunts, why didn't they think of there being a witch involed right away?  With the sudden recovery of Barnabas. The Dr.  said that there was no apparent cause for something to happen to Barnabas.

Again I have a question? Where is his family, Joshua, Naomi, and Sarah?? (Maybe DC, didn't want to spend money on too many actors)

Vidkie is just digging her own grave and is being very dumb. Is this what miss Wicks did also.? How are we susposed to feel sorry for  Vickie when she is just acting very dumb.  She should be like any other servent, be quiet and don't say anyting. Where as Angelique is doing bad things at least she keeps it very quiet and doesn't draw attention to herself, unlike Vickie.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:51:51 AM »
I've got to defend my region on the subject of New England witchhunts: the Salem business was an aberration, not the norm.  It took place during a rather unsettled time in Massachusetts history, and furthermore, it happened in 1692 – a hundred years before the 1795 storyline.

But of course I agree about Vicky.  She's starting to look as though she has a death wish  There is exactly one person in the whole province of Maine who is on her side, and today she did her level best to drive him away.  Even if Abigail doesn't get her burned at the stake, Vicky still needs to earn a living.  It's very unlikely that she ever got any wilderness survival training at the foundling home to help her if she gets thrown out of Collinwood.

I liked Josette's lines at the beginning of the episode.   She didn't use contractions: she said "I cannot" instead of "I can't" and she said "I do not" instead of "I don't."  Kathryn Leigh Scott delivered the lines with notable clarity, so that, even without a French accent, the impression came across that English was a foreign language to her, and that she was making an effort to speak correctly. Then the contractions came in - "I don't understand" - and the illusion was lost.

I'm amazed that Barnabas survived Angelique's efforts to untie the knot around the toy soldier's neck.  When you're untying a tight square knot, the way to do it is to tighten the inner knot, which loosens the outer knot. No wonder Barnabas thought he was seconds away from death just before the pain stopped!

Is Barnabas's bed the same one that Angelique Stokes Collins used in parallel time?

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 11:31:48 PM »
What I like about this episode is that we get to see just how close Barnabas and Jeremiah are. It's evident Jeremiah is very worried and distraught over Barnabas's strange affliction.

I liked Josette's lines at the beginning of the episode.   She didn't use contractions: she said "I cannot" instead of "I can't" and she said "I do not" instead of "I don't."  Kathryn Leigh Scott delivered the lines with notable clarity, so that, even without a French accent, the impression came across that English was a foreign language to her, and that she was making an effort to speak correctly. Then the contractions came in - "I don't understand" - and the illusion was lost.

I noticed the same thing, and thought it added to her character.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »
So, here we have the audience's first inkling that Angelique was a witch with this spell. It was pretty thrilling when Angelique had a hard time untying the knot! The first couple of times I watched this, I was on the edge of my seat! [shkdg]

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I find it strange that Angelique had over 100 years to perfect her witchcraft, and she still was imperfect! I guess that was part of her charm. [winkg]  ...... END SPOILER......

I also liked Josette's speech, with the can not and will not instead of can't and won't. It is too bad the writers were inconsistent, and Josette said, " I don't understand." That broke the pattern.

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]