Author Topic: GREAT EXPERIMENT DEBATE  (Read 776 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
GREAT EXPERIMENT DEBATE
« on: May 16, 2002, 03:39:29 AM »
During the Series two experiments took place. One, which use a human force to create life, was conducted at first by Eric Lang and later Julia Hoffman. The other, a project of Cyrus Longworth in 1970PT,  uncovered the darkside of an individual's personality. Which of the two was successful  or perhaps neither? Explain your selection.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT EXPERIMENT DEBATE
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2002, 11:25:04 AM »
SPOILER.........SPOILER...........SPOILER..........SPOILER.....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I would have to say the Lang experiment, as hideous as it was, was a successful one because it actually cured Barnabas of the curse which was put on him by a very powerful witch. Angelique/Cassandra was so determined to curse Barnabas again that she tried everything she could (The Dream Curse) to succeed. It was something to see how Lang's experiment & creation changed all that.  The very idea of putting together body parts from dead bodies is just to impossible to imagine, but for Dr.Lang it worked.[crazd]
i
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2002, 12:12:56 PM »
SPOILER. . .

I was always fascinated by Dr. Longworth's experiment, which made more sense to me than Dr. Lang's.  When you get right down to it, neither experiment worked out very well, since Longworth's alter ego, John Yaeger, kidnapped Maggie and Longworth ultimately ended up dead.  

While Barnabas was vampire-free for a while, Jeb Hawkes ultimately turned him back into a vampire (I always wondered what happened to Adam when he did that), so Lang's experiment didn't hold.  

So I'd say neither experiment worked.

Love, Robin  

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2002, 11:59:16 PM »
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I guess you'd have to say that Lang's experiment worked, although not as he originally described it.  Adam was given life, but Lang's original premise was that Barnabas' essence would be transferred to Adam's body, leaving Barnabas' original body a lifeless shell.  
What I find curious is that, as is evident from his dying message to Julia, Lang was aware of the possibility of both bodies surviving.  I wonder why he never mentioned this possibility to Barnabas and Julia?

As for Dr. Longworth's experiment, I guess this too would have to be considered a success, as it surely brought out the dark side of his personality, which was the objective of the experiment.  Unfortunately, the repercussions were quite tragic.  I wonder if a stronger individual could have kept the darker aspects of his personality from taking control of him, as Yeager did to Longworth?