Author Topic: Volume 28  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Bouchard

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique Bouchard is the BEST
    • View Profile
Volume 28
« on: May 15, 2002, 09:33:21 PM »
;D I am very happy to tell you all that i've recently purchased volume 28 of the Dark Shadows series. I ordered it at: http://www.mpimedia.com/darkshadows/index.html . You can order every volume of the original series, and the collector's series for only $9.98! I got volume 28 of the original series. Volume 28 starts off with the 1st episode in 1795. The 1795 episodes are my favorite!

one last thing...have you ever bought a Dark Shadows tape? If so, which one(s)?

There's now something in my signature, because I do want something in my signature

~~BrandonBouchard

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: Volume 28
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 10:17:00 PM »

The 1795 Flashback is my favorite storyline too, the Adam Story is my second fave. I'm waiting for my fave character, Harry Johnson to show up again. It's several eps from his introduction. ::) I have all of the Dark Shadows MPI videos, including the special videos like the Bloopers, Behind The Scenes, Scariest Moments, etc. They are great! My Mom watches them too when she comes over. I keep all of the tapes that Craig Slocum is in, stacked on top of my big screen, with a tape set in the VCR for a mouth watering moment. :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 11:05:30 PM »
I own much of DS on MPI tapes, and for Mother's Day my husband ordered the first DVD set for me, which I'm eagerly awaiting.  

I prefer the MPI tapes over homemade because I know that the Sci Fi channel edits the shows to make more room for commercials.  The MPI tapes are complete, unedited, and I much prefer them.

1795 was my favorite storyline; it was a cohesive and emotionally satisfying ride with all loose ends pretty much tied up.  

Love, Robin

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 11:07:37 PM »
Like you, DarkShadows, the 1795 storyline is my favorite, followed closely by the introduction of Barnabas.

I have all the MPI tapes, including the collectors and revival series, as well as all the special tapes. A sizable investment, but for me, worth every penny.  :)

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2002, 11:14:49 PM »
1840 was my fav TL, but I haven't seen all of them yet. I liked 1795, too! I ordered three recently [for my b-day] from Amazon....whichever ones have Buzz and Carolyn in them [there's 2] and the one where Desmond and Quentin are sentenced 2 beheading, cuz that one has my faaaav scene in the entire world in it -- where Desmond and Leticia "marry" or..... :'( say the words  :'( *TEAR* That's the only DS scene that ever made me cry.  :'(It was sooooooooo  :'( soooo  :'( SAD!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

But I also have the first one, where Willie gets Barney out of his coffin, and HODS and NODS, and that's from X-mas 2 yrs ago..I think.

And the ones  I just ordered are supposed 2 come sooooooooooooooooooooooon!!! I'm sooooooo incredibly excited!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I can't wait 2 c Carolyn and Buzz, and stupid evil Jason McGuire and heeeey Wille was there 2!!! HEHEHAHAHAHEHEHAHAHA  8)  ;D byebyebye
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2002, 01:34:46 AM »
Some of the solo MPI tapes you may want to invest in are as follows:

SCARIEST MOMENTS FROM DARK SHADOWS
       DARK SHADOWS 1840 FLASHBACK
       THE BEST OF DARK SHADOWS
       DARK SHADOWS VIDEO SCRAPBOOK
       DARK SHADOWS 30TH ANNIVERSARY TRIBUTE

The above tapes cover some of the best scenes from the Series as well as  interviews, etc. with the actors/actresses.

It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2002, 01:45:12 AM »
one last thing...have you ever bought a Dark Shadows tape? If so, which one(s)?

I have a bunch of them.  All of the pre-Barnabas stuff and a handful of the others.  I've ordered some from MPI directly and I was also fortunate several years ago when a local videostore chain went out of business and I was able to buy some tapes for approximately $5 a pop.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2002, 11:38:25 AM »
Hi DarkShadows,
I have the whole collection of MPI tapes and I really enjoy them.  It's great to be able to just pop them in the VCR and watch them whenever I feel like. I also own the DS Blooper tape, The DS Video Scrapbook, The DS Anniversary Tribute, & DS scariest Moments. These video's are great and are truly priceless! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2002, 05:00:22 PM »
In terms of picture and sound quality, the MPI masters are streets ahead of the versions that usually air on SciFi -- the compilations are a bit of a mixed bag, but the "Behind the Scenes" tape is very nicely done, with some cute home movie footage of the actors outside the studio :)
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2002, 04:36:32 AM »
I just ordered Collector Series Volumes 1-4...I can't wait to get them! And Volume 28 has some very good episodes, I luv all of them on it!!