Author Topic: CONTAGIOUS AT COLLINWOOD  (Read 1429 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
CONTAGIOUS AT COLLINWOOD
« on: May 15, 2002, 02:39:17 PM »
The disease of TELLING A LIE was like the plague at Collinwood. For in some it was full blown and others had just traces. Even the pure of heart was not spared or was there one?
Find the individual who you believe is terminal and one who could be cured or perhaps was spared the disease.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CONTAGIOUS AT COLLINWOOD
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 08:44:29 PM »
Well, Vicki didn't get it (more and more as time wore on and she continued to dumb down) but she never seemed dishonest.  If she had, wouldn't she have been going around nodding "Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, of course, I understand!" regardless of the topic - instead of looking like a clueless dimwit? I mean, it was her honesty in 1795 that got her into most of her trouble. DOH!  :-X
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline deron

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 08:59:33 PM »
When you think about it, almost everyone lies on the show!!!

Yes, Vicky was the exception and she sure got herself into a lot of trouble for her honesty, and it didn't help when Peter Bradford decided to be honest in the trial.

Professor Stokes is a pretty honest guy, though he just doesn't blurt out everything that comes to his mind.  I always got the impression he knew more about the things going on around him than he let on, but that doesn't make him a liar. :P

I guess it wouldn't make for good drama if everyone told the truth on this and other shows (especially soaps).  

If they would just tell the truth from the beginning, it would save everyone some grief.  

deron

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 09:14:36 PM »
Were to begin at Collinwood
the list is endless
on the nonliar side would also say Vicki or Maggie Evans
they were usually lied too.
Barnabas is probably the biggest liar just because of what he had to hide from the family and how he had to live.
Julia helped add to these lies but she did pretty good on her own!
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2002, 01:23:01 AM »
You're joking, right?  ;)  They're all terminal.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2002, 01:47:05 AM »
You're joking, right?  ;)  They're all terminal.

Luciaphil

No, I am not joking...This is a serious post. Perhaps a little beyond your comprehension?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2002, 01:54:58 AM »

No, I am not joking...This is a serious post. Perhaps a little beyond your comprehension?

And would your reply be a serious one too?  Because if it is, I'll point out the emoticons I used in my post.  As my reply was facetious, I would think it was obvious that it was very much in my grasp.

If your reply is not serious, then maybe you ought to use the emoticons yourself, because it comes off quite differently.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2002, 05:02:01 AM »
If they had all told the truth on the show the show wouldn't have lasted.  What would they have had to work with?

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2002, 05:07:43 AM »
Perhaps a little beyond your comprehension?

That was uncalled for.  Consider this a warning that anything that comes off as the slightest bit rude or belittling toward any other poster, whether you claim it was said in jest or not, is getting removed from the board.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2002, 06:02:08 AM »
I suspect that you are indeed hinting at something that is way over my head.  ?!?

If lies could kill Angelique, she would be a goner. And Nicholas Blair along with his alter egos, was pretty far gone too. Barney will tell a lie to further his cause, but the Angie would lie when the truth would serve her better.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2002, 10:52:04 AM »
For me I would have to say Lt.Forbes!! His disease started out minor, but ended up terminal by the end of the 1795 run.  I thought what he did to poor Millicent, telling her all those love lies and such had to be the worst thing yet!! He LIED about his marriage to Suki, saying she was his sister. He LIED about loving her, He LIED about not seeing the tower lights just to drive her insane, which eventually happened.  He LIED about Vicky on the stand. This guy LIED about practically everything![vryevl]

As for one who could be saved. Well little David lied alot in the beginning of the series, especially to Vicky, and his father about that whole bleeder valve thing.  However, once all that was over with, I found him to be quite honest with everyone. The only trouble with that was, that by that time, no one believed him. :)
"Calamity Jane"