Author Topic: DARK SHADOWS SPECIAL EDITION / DARK SHADOWS REUNION DVDs  (Read 896 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
DARK SHADOWS SPECIAL EDITION / DARK SHADOWS REUNION DVDs
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »
What are your favorite features on these discs? I don't have BLOOPERS AND TREASURES, but feel free to include that one as well, I'm sure it has some worthwhile goodies on it.

I like the TV Commercials and Promotional Spots, but my favorite feature of all is the Spanish language version of episode 289 on the SPECIAL EDITION DVD. I wish we could get more of the Spanish dubs, I find them a lot of fun to watch and listen to -
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: DARK SHADOWS SPECIAL EDITION / DARK SHADOWS REUNION DVDs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »
I have to agree with you on the TV Commercials and Promotional Spots, but I haven't watched the spanish version of episode 289. I'll have to give that a look. I did kind of like Inside the Shadows, though it recycled much of the information we've heard before.

On the Reunion disc, my favorites were the 69 JF interview on the Merv Griffin Show, and the 70 JB interview on the Mike Douglas show. I also enjoyed the bulk of the disc, which was the Reunion stuff, but I watched it before I had been to a fest myself, so that got me primed and ready for the real thing.

As for the Bloopers and Treasures DVD, I love the bloopers. Especially the one with Lara Parker playing the twins Alexis and Angelique in 1970PT. They show a run through of the lines as she's making sure she can see the teleprompter from where she stands, and then takes you through her playing each side of the scene--Alexis and then Angelique--and then it shows the finished product. It's a neat thing to see. Plus, Lara's line to someone off stage when they first start and she can't see the teleprompter is priceless! I laugh every time.

The "treasures" were less than amusing, as all they were was familiar DS songs and scores set against pictures and clips from when they were used in the show. I was hoping that they might have collected a few of the fan music videos that they show at the fest sometimes, and that are available on You Tube. B/c those ARE hilarious.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Ryan Collins

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:51:57 PM »
Where can one get The Bloopers and Treasures DVD? I have it on tape and would like to get it on DVD
The only young DS Fan I know. But I guess that's why the show is so popular.  First started watching the show in 6th grade at my mom's recomendation. Have been a Fan ever since......

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »
I believe you can get it from the www.darkshadowsdvd.com website.

Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
ebay can also be your friend.  I got mine from there pretty inexpensively.  ;)
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.