Author Topic: FridFest Question: Is it safe to assume...  (Read 1765 times)

ClaudeNorth

FridFest Question: Is it safe to assume...
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:43:47 PM »
...that the organizers will not be providing any sort of tentative schedule of events for the event that is scheduled to take place in two weeks?   >:D

I realize that things never go off as planned but I am driving up for the Frid stuff and would like to have at least some sense of when things are getting started.

(By the way, according to the official Festival website, tickets are still available for the banquet...   [a1f5] ::) )

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Re: FridFest Question: Is it safe to assume...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 03:53:17 AM »
Cllaude, the fest website is notoriously out of date, your best bet is to check here or maybe subscribe to the Shadowgram email list. From what I can gather, I think Friday evening will be panels with Marie, Lara and KLS, plus a skit by the Colllinsport players--there is a question whether JF will come out briefly to greet the ladies, he says that on his website, but Shadowgram has stressed Jonathan will only be at the Fest on Saturday.  There will also be autographs from the three actresses Friday evening, and some video programming.

Saturdays events are listed from 11 AM to 7 pm, with the banquet, now sold out, from 7-11 pm----Jonathan is going to do a few selections from some of his one man shows, then show a best of Barnabas of his favorite scenes with commentary, then do a Q and a,   I think joined by Lara, Marie, and KLS (note to Fest arrangers, see if he can sit next to Lara onstage, LOL!!), so I figure that might take 2 hours or so.  Hopefully they WILL send out a schedule to registered Fest goers, the reason for the second SASE, I assume the morning will have the memorabilia auction and other things, but I am sure when Jonathan goes out, the room will resound with excitement!!

Hope this helps, if anyone knows more, please let us know--thanks!!

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:58:13 AM »
While we're asking...

My understanding is that banquet attendees will get a photo pre-signed by homeboy, correct? We don't need to BRING the photo ourselves?  I just don't wanna show up empty-handed if it turns out we were supposed to provide the pic...
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:04:06 PM »
H.C. - no, you don't need to bring the photo. The Fridster has been signing photos since the late spring at his home and those will be distributed to everyone who attends the fan event.  Those who attend the banquet have the option of having that same photo personalized by homeboy.

nancy

While we're asking...

My understanding is that banquet attendees will get a photo pre-signed by homeboy, correct? We don't need to BRING the photo ourselves?  I just don't wanna show up empty-handed if it turns out we were supposed to provide the pic...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:39:29 PM »
The Fridster has been signing photos since the late spring at his home and those will be distributed to everyone who attends the fan event.
I hope Sam has been helping.  Every cat should earn his keep.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »
LOL, well, Sam has moved on to greener pastures.  One of JF's relatives took the cat as Sam needed more attention and companionship than the Fridster could muster.  Sam is now frolicking with other cats his age in a large, secluded yard with periodic visits from his former owner. ;D

nancy

I hope Sam has been helping.  Every cat should earn his keep.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 05:48:04 PM »
Oh, that is too bad Jonathan had to give Sam up--he seemed to dote on him...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »
Though, as hard a decision as it is for the owner, it's always best for the pet in a case where it needs more attention and companionship than the owner can successfully manage.   

And it always helps when the former owner is still able to visit...

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 07:40:09 PM »
H.C. - no, you don't need to bring the photo. The Fridster has been signing photos since the late spring at his home and those will be distributed to everyone who attends the fan event.  Those who attend the banquet have the option of having that same photo personalized by homeboy.

I love the thought of "the Fridster" signing a stack of 8"x10" glossies, much like Faye Dunaway in the opening sequence of Mommie Dearest.  Would that make Nancy the Carol Ann to his Joan Crawford?

INT. FRID'S LIVING ROOM

Jonathan Frid sits at his desk, which is cluttered with photographs of himself.  He massages his hand, which has cramped from repeatedly signing his autograph.

Nancy:  "Fans should know the price you pay..."

Frid:  "Jim Pierson should know the price I pay!"

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 07:52:59 PM »
Oh Claude I love it when you are very ornery. ;D

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »
Oh Claude I love it when you are very ornery. ;D

Just doin' my job, ma'am...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
Claude, baby, I'm DYING here!

I can see the next C'port Players skit now:  "Friddie Dearest!"

G.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 07:51:07 PM »
Does "have the option to have it personalized" mean something besides "he'll personalize it if we want"?  Is he going table to table? Will I at least get to say "hi"?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 04:42:20 AM »
JF will personalize the photo if you want him too. Some people don't want that.  He will be going table to table, yes.

Nancy

Does "have the option to have it personalized" mean something besides "he'll personalize it if we want"?  Is he going table to table? Will I at least get to say "hi"?