Author Topic: Kate Jackson fans and Barbie collectors- I need your help!  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Kate Jackson fans and Barbie collectors- I need your help!
« on: August 03, 2007, 02:13:46 AM »
I recently bought a 1978 Mattel 'Kate Jackson' doll off eBay, and it is the same size as a regular Barbie (11 1/2" tall).

Why did I buy it?  Simple- I figured that my 'Quentin' action figure needed a Daphne!  So here's the problem:  I need to find a Barbie-sized period dress (and accessories) to transform the Kate Jackson doll into a Daphne Harridge one!  Does anyone know of a place online that sells such period doll costumes?  Better yet, if anyone out there has the ability to reproduce one of the outfits worn by Kate on the show as 'Daphne' (like the maroon outfit complete with cape), I'd be most appreciative.  Name your price- help me create a new kind of DS collectible for my own personal collection.  (Besides, I hate to see the Barnabas & Quentin figures I own remain lonely bachelors, LOL!) ;)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson fans and Barbie collectors- I need your help!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 04:24:33 AM »
A full Barbie size Kate jackson figure, pretty cool Charles  ;D I was a ravenous collector of the Sideshow Universal and classic monsters line, that although I have not taken the opportunity to yet become a "Buffy" watcher, I bought the Drusilla figure just because I thiought it could be a good companion to the Lugosi Dracula figure, so, I truly understand your interest. I've pondered getting some of the Barbies in the sort of 19th century eastern Eurpoean outfits to perhaps create a "Universal"  villiage scene.   [frankie]  [ecstasy] Again, I love your idea. Take some pictures. Now when will Majestic do a DS series 2....
Michael   [headbang]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 05:03:14 AM »
Unfortunately, Majestic Studios has shut down, so we won't be seeing anymore figures from them.  :(

With news of a possible movie, though, I think it's likely in the not too distant future that another company could pick up the license.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
I recently bought a 1978 Mattel 'Kate Jackson' doll off eBay, and it is the same size as a regular Barbie (11 1/2" tall).

Why did I buy it?  Simple- I figured that my 'Quentin' action figure needed a Daphne!  So here's the problem:  I need to find a Barbie-sized period dress (and accessories) to transform the Kate Jackson doll into a Daphne Harridge one!  Does anyone know of a place online that sells such period doll costumes?  Better yet, if anyone out there has the ability to reproduce one of the outfits worn by Kate on the show as 'Daphne' (like the maroon outfit complete with cape), I'd be most appreciative.  Name your price- help me create a new kind of DS collectible for my own personal collection.  (Besides, I hate to see the Barnabas & Quentin figures I own remain lonely bachelors, LOL!) ;)

Until you can find the right period costume for your Kate/Daphne doll, Charles, just keep it in its 1970's outfit and tell people

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

that its the Daphne that David/Tad and Hallie/Carrie brought to life from ghostdom in 1970 and had to disguise in typical 1970 fashion!

Gerard

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »
Hmmmm...I may have to resort to that!  Actually, I could buy a vintage Barbie mini-dress from the period- of course I'll also have to buy vintage "Ken" clothes to bring my 'Quentin' figure to 1970!  But seriously, I'm still looking for a way to get period clothing!

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »
Charles,

Try going to http://www.megomuseum.com  It's a website devoted to the toys produced by the Mego Corporation.  They have a forum with a section devoted to customized action figures.

Although many Mego figures were 8 inches tall, they did have larger figures and you might be able to find someone there who makes custom costumes for larger dolls/action figures.

Regards,

John

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »
an extremely obscure detail however...

remember that when hallie/carrie needed to find some "modern" clothing for daphne she told david/tad that the duds she found had,according to maggie,came from some governess who used to live at collinwood.a "victoria something".because david was actually under possession by tad he didn't know who she was talking about!

however if i recall correctly the garment presented to daphne had sleeves which makes it impossible for it to be an authentic vicki garment. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 08:47:36 PM »
Makes more sense that they raided Maggie's closet.

Gerard

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 06:29:47 PM »
 I'm really sorry to read this.  I was looking forward to future characters from Majestic.

Unfortunately, Majestic Studios has shut down, so we won't be seeing anymore figures from them.  :(
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 12:07:49 AM »

Seriously cool, Charles :)  In inherited from my aunt a boat load of period doll dress patterns made for the Barbie type doll.  I will see if I can find them ....
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »
In inherited from my aunt a boat load of period doll dress patterns made for the Barbie type doll.  I will see if I can find them ....

i'll look through my collection too Charles
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 12:52:16 AM »
Thanks, guys!  Remember, I'm looking for somethig Daphne would've worn circa 1840!

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »
an extremely obscure detail however...

remember that when hallie/carrie needed to find some "modern" clothing for daphne she told david/tad that the duds she found had,according to maggie,came from some governess who used to live at collinwood.a "victoria something".because david was actually under possession by tad he didn't know who she was talking about!

however if i recall correctly the garment presented to daphne had sleeves which makes it impossible for it to be an authentic vicki garment. ::)
Hehe!  I just watched the first episodes where Daphne has changed, it does resemble one of Victoria's dresses!  She did have a couple of sleeved ones IIRC. ;)

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 11:45:52 PM »
In inherited from my aunt a boat load of period doll dress patterns made for the Barbie type doll.  I will see if I can find them ....
I found the patterns, and unfortunately, I was mistaken.  The dress patterns are period only in that they were new circa 1950! Though there is one wedding dress pattern is a close enough match that I might be able to adapt it without too much trouble and I have spent a productive afternoon skimming thought a number of dvd's to render a pretty good sketch (if I say so myself) of what her maroon gown looked like.  May I ask, where can one look for episodes of Daphne with the cape?

I will be completely honest and say that while I know My way around a sewing machine I have never attempted to sew clothes for a Barbie, though your (frankly brilliant) idea of using the Mattel Kate Jackson as Daphne makes me eager to see if I can do it.  Has anyone else sewed Barbie/Doll clothes? How difficult is it?

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »
oh, and another question about the doll:  do you know if it is just a Barbie body with a Kate jackson head stuck on?

I would guess so as it would certainly save on overhead... :)