Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0353  (Read 846 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0353
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0353
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 05:48:55 PM »
It might have been sort of interesting if Vicky had wandered up to David's room and said to him, "Tell me again why you're so frightened of Barnabas."  Would it have brought any of her hypnotically-instilled fears closer to the surface?

Previously when I've watched these episodes, I've assumed that Julia's motive in hypnotizing Vicky was jealousy.  Now I'm changing my mind.  I think she's just trying to contain the situation.  She can't bring herself to destroy Barnabas, for several reasons, but she's got to try to keep him from harming more people.  Barnabas commented the other day that he knew she wouldn't destroy him because he had seen the effect upon her of the murder of Dr. Woodard.  That should have told him that he needed to eliminate her once he had decided against a cure, but he keeps thinking he can control her even without biting her.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:51:35 PM »
It must be very strange for Vicki not to be able to understand why she's feeling the way she is towards Barnabas. I feel bad for her. No one should have the right to tamper with anyone's mind without their knowledge.

I think Julia's hypnotism of vicki is a mixture of jealousy and wanting to protect her, but that doesn't make what she's doing to her right.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:45:11 AM »
Julia already knows how Vickie feels about Barnabas.  Vickie had just said how she feels about Barnabas and that she doesn't want to be Josette.  Vickie must be spinning about what is going on. Why does she have this feeling of fear for Barnabas.

Barnabas has a lot to learn about how he can't turn people into  someone else. I would think what happened with Maggie would have made him chnage is mind.  But wait we are talking about Barnabas.  Does Barnabas every think things all the way through.  Now just how did he get himself messed up in the first place.  :-X Now he is going around saying that he is going to kill Julia, again he is not thinkng straight.

I think Julia in her own way is trying to protect Barnbas.  She doesn't want him to make the same mistakes again. From the previous  episode when Julia asked Carolyn how she was, and Carolyn was really cold
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 05:18:01 AM »
Joe sure was handsome today - and he was the last time he appeared, too! [luv] Joe and Vicki can obviously tell that Carolyn has changed! Carolyn went from wanting to believe David to disbelieving him. ... And Carolyn's coldness and far-awayness are dead [winkg] giveaways, too. I think maybe Carolyn and Barnabas might have similar levels of ruthlessness because they are both Collinses. [ideag]

Julia is no dummy. She can tell when Carolyn is snooping too much, and that Barnabas has plans to kill her! [shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]