Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0350  (Read 988 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0350
« on: July 27, 2007, 07:11:32 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0350
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »
This was an awsome show. I liked the inter-play between all the actors.   DH and NB,  GH and JF and the final sceen was awsome.

Here is one of the questions on the show. What would have happened if Barnabas took Julia's blood. It was the first time Barnabas called Julia by her first name.  I have always wondered how the actors or actresses can scream so good?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 08:38:12 PM »
Poor Carolyn, if only she had had enough sense to wait until the daytime to go to the Old House...even though no one knows his secret, I think it's common knowledge that Barnabas is never around there during the daytime.

I too love that last scene....that was a terrifying scene right there, Barnabas opening up his fangs and preparing to bite the terrified, shrieking Carolyn.

I always thought Nancy was one of the best screamers on the show.

Cool show.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
At the beginning of the show, as aged Barnabas appeared at the drawing room window, I wondered to myself: "Why doesn't he just go to a cow in order to revert?"  But I suppose that in these dire straits, he may have felt that only human blood would be effective.  And of course, Collins blood is the best of all.

The scene when Julia offered Barnabas her blood was rather sweet: Barnabas treated her in an unusually kindly fashion.  He could have said, "So, doctor, you made me into an old man so that I would turn to you!"  But he didn't, and he told her she had value to him as she was.  And he called her by her first name.  Julia went off to her lab to cry after that - or, at the very least, to compose herself - but she did make some progress with Barnabas today.

Names are interesting.  When I took Japanese, we class members addressed each other in the Japanese way: Smith-san, Jones-san, Brown-san.  It was a very nice Japanese class, and around about second year, Jones-san said I should call her by her first name: "Call me Mary!"  But how could I call her Mary when she was, in my mind, Jones-san?  So it seems quite significant to me that Barnabas called Julia by her first name today.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 04:16:00 AM »
I must mention a minor thing before I get to the meat of this episode. I love Elizabeth's dress! I used to have a similar dress with short sleeves. [cheesyg]

WOW! This was a great episode! I loved it when Julia offered herself to Barnabas. Barnabas called her Julia (!) for the first time.  [love3] It's too bad Barnabas didn't take her up on his offer. [sadg]

It's quite unfortunate that Carolyn left the toy soldier on the table before she left Collinwood. (But then we wouldn't have been able to hear that wonderful scream! ) I agree, Nancy Barrett is a great screamer!  [shkdg] Maybe even the best! [cheer] When my husband heard it from another room, he said the TV was too loud with the front door open nearby! People outside could probably hear the scream! [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 05:01:21 PM »
LOL same here Rose...I had my patio door open with my speaker right next to it.  I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard Carolyn.

I wonder if they could have gotten away with having Julia agree to give up everything - and that includes both her career as a doctor and her free will as a person - for the man she loves, if the show were being written today.  I somehow doubt it.