Author Topic: Estate Sale at Collinwood!  (Read 2979 times)

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
Re: Estate Sale at Collinwood!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2002, 09:17:37 AM »
How about the crystal ball that Magda used... if it is still around...

And I would like all of the candle holders that I can get my hands on from both houses... especially the ones in the old h ouse.

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2002, 04:40:10 PM »
Great sale, Chris!  

Drat, I see someone already beat me to that wonderful old Collinwood clock.  Oh, well ... I'll take the big red wing chair, the stained glass window above the staircase landing and the I Ching wands; they might be fun to use for a time travel vacation!  Also, the pretty four poster bed in Vicky's room would be nice, although my bedroom is a bit too small for it.  

Oh, and I really love Barnabas' brocade dressing gown but I'm not sure he's selling it?   ;D
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2002, 06:34:10 PM »
Decisions, decisions...okay I have it...the curved topped canopy bed with the white crocheted/tasseled cover (I believe it was originally in Jeramiah's room).  And I'll take those two ornate velvet and wood chairs that are always sitting against the wall near drawing room fireplace along with that wonderfully ornate easel that Angelique's portrait has been sitting on¢â‚¬¦oh yeas, and I want that old haunted telephone too.  When I stop by to pick it up I think I'll look through Magda's closet...I seem to remember a couple of funky items she wore that I might like to bid on.  Oh I just LOVE to shop!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2002, 07:49:22 PM »
I want "THE BOX."  Y'all know the one I mean--it shows up all over Collinwood, but it has a prominent place in 1897 in relation to a certain disembodied body part.  :-X

Brian

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2002, 08:52:25 PM »
Wow you guys are really cleaning the place out! The Collins family is going to make a fortune off this sale!

So Birdie got the desk in the Old House drawing room - the one with the secret drawer! Good bargain. Kuanyin must have plopped down a LOT of money for the entire bedroom set in Josette's room. She can have an afghan thrown in for free. AllenCollins called that great round sofa thing from 1897 - will have to search the attic for it. VAM didn't have much to spend but snagged the famous door knocker and a nice clock.

Donna won the lucky prize of the grandfather clock in the main foyer. A real treasure. Gets the table in the foyer too. Cassandra went right for the grammaphone - good call Cass! And the piano too - a little rich for my blood! However, if you want any portraits or furnishings from Parallel time, you will be required to go to the East Wing Parallel time room and camp out there until the room changes; then hope it changes back so you can return with your purchases. This also applies to Julia99 who has her eye on that really cool pop-up liquor cabinet table.

Elizabeth cleaned out what was left of the furniture in the Collinwood drawing room - big bucks there. Daphne, I wanted that statue on the table in the foyer too but I forgot to grab it and you beat me to it! Mark Rainey took the Naga box, so we may not be hearing from him again. Barnabas got the Old House chandelier that Willie worked so hard on getting clean. Craig Slocum, I'm afraid you were kind of gypped since Harry didn't leave much behind. You can have the bed that he slept in, OK?

DSWayne - I'm afraid Barnabas' cane was not part of the sale, as he apparently took it with him when he left. Also, Elizabeth has already taken the rest of the drawing room furniture, so you might want to bargain with her for that decanter. You did, however, win the antique cordless phone, and you can take one of the many spare coffins kept in the basement. As for Magda's crystal ball, I believe it's the same one Burke gave to David, and you might find it up in his room. Happybat - I can't believe no one grabbed Barnabas' chair before you did. Be careful with those I-Ching wands. I'm not sure the stained glass windows can be removed. Yes, Barnabas took his smoking jacket with him. You get Vicki's four poster bed though.

CastleBee came away with Jeremiah's bed but was disappointed to learn greedy Elizabeth already took everything that was left in the living room, including the chairs she wanted, and DSWayne snagged the antique phone out from under her. There may be others in the attic, however. Brian was the lucky recipient of Count Petofi's hand box. Hand not included.  

Still lots of stuff left. I snuck down into the basement and took the padlock off the door where Paul was supposed to be buried for 18 years. A real keepsake.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2002, 10:13:45 PM »
I would very much like to have the 12th Century "Sicilian" Witch Talisman for my collection.  I believe it's a match for one my Strega Nonna left me!  ;)

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2002, 11:30:33 PM »
Wow you guys are really cleaning the place out! The Collins family is going to make a fortune off this sale!

Still lots of stuff left. I snuck down into the basement and took the padlock off the door where Paul was supposed to be buried for 18 years. A real keepsake.

Well Chris,  If you insist:  I would like to have Magda' Tarot cards. Another nice item would be Jeremiah's Toddy glass.  ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2002, 04:14:08 AM »

That's all I get is Harry Johnson's bed, and not even with him in it??? I'm going to cry! :'(
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2002, 04:41:50 AM »
VAM didn't have much to spend but snagged the famous door knocker and a nice clock.

Are you implying that I am a pauper? You are in  
big
trouble Chrs_2...better go hide in that basement room and put that padlock back on the other side of the door.[angryf]
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2002, 08:03:21 AM »

And I would like all of the candle holders that I can get my hands on from both houses... especially the ones in the old h ouse.

Sorry DSWayne, I grabbed all of Barnabas' chambersticks and wall sconces when you weren't looking  ;D. And his "old" bed upstairs that he no longer has use for LOL!

But I'll compromise, and share with you the candelabra that is in the drawing room of The Old House, and that huge iron candle holder next to his coffin in the basement. Deal?  ;)

Hey, I'm currently doing some remodeling at my house. Is Willie included in this Estate Sale???  ;)
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2002, 03:16:09 PM »
If he is.....there's going to be one hell of a bidding war....especially if Carol hears about it!!  [lghy]

Got your VCR set for Wednesday, Carol?  ;)
Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas