Author Topic: Did'ja notice  (Read 835 times)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Did'ja notice
« on: May 10, 2002, 08:38:03 PM »
The carpet on the stairway and the tapestry on the wall in Collinwood foyer is the same as 1795.  Too bad we can't get workmanship like that these days. ?!?

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Did'ja notice
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2002, 12:11:53 AM »
Perhaps they have an ample supply of the same pattern.  ::)

On the other hand, notice that the foyer in the Old House has not been "restored", or "unrestored," to be more accurate. The walls were bare with torn bits of paper/plaster and the bannisters, stairs and columns were grey and brown prior to 1795. The entrance was freshly papered with a yellow wallpaper, the stairs were repainted, and the bannisters and columns were painted dusty rose for the 1795 story line. These changes have someone lept into the 20th Century along with Vicki's return!

I can't imagine Barnabas has had the time for home improvement projects immediately following the seance, especially without Willie around!  ;)

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2002, 01:35:07 AM »
On yesterday's show, when Cassandra was standing down in the froyer of the main house, I was noticing the stairway going up the stairs and the stainglass on the window.  

The combination of the paneling, bannister, all fall into the stainglass and the colors in it.  Oh how I would love to have that in my house or even to have an older house with stain glass like that.

I've always wanted to have one of those Victorian style, older homes and remodel it to its original style.  We have friends who live in one and I love going over and visiting them.  They have kept it up and it's like stepping into the past when you walk in through the front door.
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 02:00:33 AM »
I'm quite certain that they have their own carpet design and the same company has made it for them over and over!  Something like the British royal family and their patterns.

While we were in 1795 I thought the old house had a painted interior. I have been wondering where all those flecks of wall paper came from? Perhaps it was solid wallpaper as Chris suggests....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2002, 09:55:03 AM »
On the other hand, notice that the foyer in the Old House has not been "restored", or "unrestored," to be more accurate. The walls were bare with torn bits of paper/plaster and the bannisters, stairs and columns were grey and brown prior to 1795.

LOL!! Chris, I was wondering where that torn wallpaper went?   I did notice however that Barnabas's bedroom chair from 1795 in now his favorite chair in the drawing room at the old house. :)
"Calamity Jane"