Author Topic: She cares for me. . .  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
She cares for me. . .
« on: May 10, 2002, 06:36:11 PM »
*****SPOILER*****

Is the episodes where Barnabas tells Dr. "one-style" acting Lange that Julia cares for him, coming soon?  I admit to kinda speeding over the B&L scens but I don't want to miss this revelation by Barnabas. . .I've heard he says "she cares for me, unfornunate but she does, so I know we can trust her. ." cuz right now Lange ain't about to share his little experiment with the emminent Dr Julia Hoffman . . .which episdoe?
Julia99

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
Re: She cares for me. . .
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2002, 12:34:53 AM »
YOU MEAN HE ACTUALLY REALIZES IT??? As in, men aren't destined to be dense for the rest of eternity!? YAAAAAAY! LOL I think it's just because he's a vampire, though....but .... *sigh*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2002, 01:54:21 AM »
All I can say is, THANK GOODNESS we have seen the last of the threats and throat grabs! I like them much better as the invincible duo!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 01:55:14 AM »
Is the episodes where Barnabas tells Dr. "one-style" acting Lange that Julia cares for him, coming soon?  I admit to kinda speeding over the B&L scenes but I don't want to miss this revelation by Barnabas. . .I've heard he says "she cares for me, unfornunate but she does, so I know we can trust her. ." cuz right now Lange ain't about to share his little experiment with the emminent Dr Julia Hoffman . . .which episdoe?

If I'm not mistaken that little scene should be coming up REAL soon, maybe even Monday.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2002, 08:56:18 AM »
YOU MEAN HE ACTUALLY REALIZES IT??? As in, men aren't destined to be dense for the rest of eternity!? YAAAAAAY! LOL I think it's just because he's a vampire, though....but .... *sigh*

Daphne, Barnabas has known since before Vicki's jump to the past, Carolyn told him "she really loves you". . . .he's just now realizing its not something to ridicule but value. . .well, i guess that's what he's doin'. . . :-*
Julia99

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2002, 09:18:52 AM »
J99 ascribed:
Daphne, Barnabas has known since before Vicki's jump to the past, Carolyn told him "she really loves you". . . .he's just now realizing its not something to ridicule but value. . .well, i guess that's what he's doin'. . .  :-*

She did???? WHEN??? LOL I missed something major here!!! And of course it makes sense that Carolyn told him. Otherwise he wouldn't notice for himself  :P
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2002, 09:23:17 AM »
All I can say is, THANK GOODNESS we have seen the last of the threats and throat grabs! I like them much better as the invincible duo!

:'(  I'll miss Julia's throaty scream when Barnabas strangles her.  
I must go to my room and rest.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2002, 11:39:58 AM »
It's nice to see Barnabas "finally" start treating Julia more civil these days. He hasn't called her "doctor" in awhile now and is actually calling her Julia all the time. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2002, 04:02:00 PM »
*****SPOILER*****

Is the episodes where Barnabas tells Dr. "one-style" acting Lange that Julia cares for him, coming soon?   . . .which episdoe?

Well never physical but it is kinda intuitive between Julia and Barnabas....
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2002, 09:21:20 PM »
Oh, Barnabas had figured out that Julia "cared" for him quite some time before that scene with Carolyn during the "let's scare Julia out of her mind" storyline.  

Before she began the final phase of the 1967 "experiment," Julia told Barnabas that "there might be someone who would accept you and love you as you are now."  In a voice dripping with sarcasm, Barnabas stated that he'd like to meet such a woman!  He clearly realized that Jules was talking about herself.

This is around the same time when Barnabas addresses Julia as "my dear" whenever he's trying to manipulate her.  He is a lot nicer to her in the 1968 storyline.  In 1967 you get the feeling that he did not fully appreciate how much she cared for him until she had offered her own throat to "cure" him from his disastrous aging. "Why, Julia?" he asks in a way that suggests he feels briefly humbled by such self-sacrifice.

In the current storyline (1968 ) he does come to realize how much HE cares about HER in a later plot development ...

Gothick

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2002, 09:26:13 PM »
sorry ... this wretched thing turned the "8" when I typed "1968" into one of those goo-googly faces.

I HATE smilies, so from now I'll try to remember to disable them from my posts.

Steve

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2002, 10:25:02 PM »
sorry ... this wretched thing turned the "8" when I typed "1968" into one of those goo-googly faces.

I HATE smilies, so from now I'll try to remember to disable them from my posts.

Steve

Sorry about that, Steve.  This happens every now and then since the symbol for that particular smiley is a number followed by the parenthesis.  I added a space between the 8 and ) to get rid of the smiley.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2002, 10:57:59 PM »
Thanks dear ... sorry to add another clean-up task to your day!

Hope yesterday was fab for you!

xo  Gothy