Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0294  (Read 1638 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0294
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:10:29 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0294
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:46:51 PM »
This was a great show. More swordsmanship between Burke and Barnabas. I think Barnabas comes out on winning end until the Blue Whale.

I think Vickie likes to play one against the other. I think in this she is not stupid or doesn't understand that Barnabas does like her. I think that she likes the gallantry. Burke is not making points with her right now.

When he was in the Blue Whale, I think Barnabas wished that he could have just disappeared, he sure tried to make himself small.

Even with everything that has happened Maggie has not quite come to reality yet. She still thinks that Sarah is alive. Great Show.

There will be a surprise tomarrow if I am not mistaken.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:50:30 PM »
Uh huh.... the very first moment!   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:52:44 PM »
I love the inside of Vicky's dream house.  It reminds me of Scotchtown, Patrick Henry's home.  Old, simple, and solid.  The exterior, on the other hand, doesn't make sense to me.  It just doesn't fit Vicky's description.  There ought to be at least two full floors, instead of having a second floor with sloping ceilings.  How can they talk about an attic in a house like that?  And yet neither Vicky nor Burke thought it odd that Barnabas managed to spend over an hour up there.

Sarah looks different without her cap.  I keep focusing on the curve of her forehead into her nose.  Did Sharon Smyth wear glasses off-camera?  Her eyes look as though she's not really looking at anything - as though she needs glasses to be able to see.  Or is she concentrating on remembering her lines?

I don't know who turned the juke box off when Maggie walked into the Blue Whale, but it made for a great scene.  Bob the Bartender must have had a fit.  Here he is, trying to make an honest living running a bar where people can go for their good times, and what should pop up but a ghost!  And golly, you could just feel Barnabas's fear.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 12:45:29 AM »
I  And yet neither Vicky nor Burke thought it odd that Barnabas managed to spend over an hour up there.

Sarah looks different without her cap.  I keep focusing on the curve of her forehead into her nose.  Did Sharon Smyth wear glasses off-camera?  Her eyes look as though she's not really looking at anything - as though she needs glasses to be able to see.  Or is she concentrating on remembering her lines?

If Burke and Vickie would have left Barnabas, He just could have flown home. I thing Sharon was trying to remember her lines because she has done that before

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 12:53:07 AM »
It is cool that they had that scary tense background music loaded up and ready to go in the jukebox.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 01:09:24 AM »
Per DC they did use real records, can you really imagine a jutebox.

By the way didn't the rock look the same as in the woods of Collinwood. They were reallyl fast walkers to get all the way to the Blue Whale.  [walk]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 02:56:51 AM »
By the way didn't the rock look the same as in the woods of Collinwood.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  Has anybody ever compiled a list of things that move around unexpectedly?  Off-hand, I can think of the tower and the study at Collinwood, the staircase at the Old House, and now this rock.  And on a larger scale, Windcliff, Eagle Hill Cemetery, and Bangor.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 03:16:11 AM »
we can't forget the afgans that can travel thru time. Also each afgans has it's own suitcase. But maybe the afgans haven't moved much yet.

There are the small things like the lamps and so on.

CT!_CTP/FITBs

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
Has anybody ever compiled a list of things that move around unexpectedly?  Off-hand, I can think of the tower and the study at Collinwood, the staircase at the Old House, and now this rock.  And on a larger scale, Windcliff, Eagle Hill Cemetery, and Bangor.
What about Count Petofi's box?  That appeared practically from the beginning! [winkg]

This was a great episode, one of the best Friday cliffhangers on DS. [cheer] This premise happens a lot in soap operas - when presumably dead people suddenly appear again - and it's exciting to watch!  The music was great, and I loved how everyone at the Blue Whale was mesmerized with the sight of Maggie!  I'm sure Barnabas would have preferred to disappear, but he couldn't do that in a public place!  He tried to make himself as "small" as possible.  Lucky for Barnabas, Maggie still didn't remember him. [winkg]

This is the final black and white episode (except for kinescope), and it was great to see that final scene repeated in the next episode in color - everything looks so much brighter and newer in color.  This episode was the "film noir" version.

Barnabas was gone so long in the upstairs of that house that Vicki found, it seems like Burke would have gone up to look for him.  Why was Barnabas gone so long, anyway - so Vicki would worry about him, or what? [idontknow]

----- Sally -----
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 02:16:56 PM »
Barnabas was gone so long in the upstairs of that house that Vicki found, it seems like Burke would have gone up to look for him.  Why was Barnabas gone so long, anyway - so Vicki would worry about him, or what?
I assume he turned into a bat, flew off to the Old House, picked up the FMcAC handkerchief, and flew back.  And didn't Vicky say that the house was five miles up the coast?  How long does it take a bat to fly ten miles?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
Oops, I was wrong!  (Robin was, too.)  [signerror]  This episode was NOT a Friday episode - it originally showed on Thursday!  Well, it should have been! [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 03:44:17 PM »
With Dark Shadows, many shows could be Friday shows. The suspense in DS built every day I think that what kept everyone watching. DS moved a lot faster.