Author Topic: Kittys fate  (Read 6233 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: Kittys fate
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 08:15:26 PM »
Reincarnation knows no gender boundaries...
Oh boy.  What would Barnabas have done if Willie, Roger, or even Harry Johnson had turned out to be the reincarnation of his beloved Josette?
On a somewhat related note, speaking of gender, I've been watching the Adam/Eve storyline, just prior to Eve's creation, when they seem to be auditioning every female for the role of "life force." I could see someone having a field day with what the need for a female "life force" donor says about how the series perceives sex and gender.

What would've happened if they had opted for a male life force for Eve? Better yet, what if Adam had volunteered his own "life force" in much the same way the biblical Adam's rib became the source for Eve?

I have to find interesting questions to ponder since the episodes are so very boring.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 09:37:17 PM »
And Barnabas is forced to keep saying "Harry Johnson"!   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 01:56:39 AM »
What would've happened if they had opted for a male life force for Eve?

Honestly, can anyone look at pictures of Leona Eltridge ...
link to Robservation #595
... and not suspect that they HAD opted for a male life force for Eve?

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 03:02:43 AM »
Honestly, can anyone look at pictures of Leona Eltridge ...
link to Robservation #595
... and not suspect that they HAD opted for a male life force for Eve?
[laughing4] I had completely forgotten about that. (My brain's been a little fried lately.)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 05:19:25 AM »
I don't really see the problem that some seem to be having with Kitty being the reincarnation of Josette. Reincarnation doesn't meant that a duplicate of the same person is made. Like Magnus said, reincarnation knows no bounds. So, I could be reincarnated as a poor, black, asian, arab, or otherwise non-white person who has no friends and does drugs. That would be a COMPLETLY TURN AROUND from what I am now, and my soul would still be the same.

Reincarnation, to me, means that a soul is created by God, or whomever you wish to believe is upstairs, and sent to earth to live a life. The body they inhabit dies, and they return to heaven (or whatever you percieve to be up there) and then after a while the spirit or soul, whichever you wish to call it, returns to another Earth-bound body and lives out another, completely separate and probably completely different life. The soul, during the transfer, doesn't retain the memories of it's previous lives consciously. The memories are there, make no mistake, but it's not stored in the same place where you store a memory of what you had for breakfast yesterday morning.

So, it's completely logical to me that Josette's soul could re-enter this world in Kitty's body, and she would have no memory whatsoever of who she was before, or that she even lived before, and be leading a completely separate life that just-so-happened to crossover one point, Collinwood, same as the life before.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 02:54:15 AM »
As for Kitty's dissimilarity to Josette... we aren't supposed to be reincarnated with an identical personality.    It would be a bit of a coincidence if her personality was all that similar.
So, if reincarnation wasn't supposed to make Kitty particularly like Josette, why was Barnabas overjoyed that he had found the reincarnation of Josette?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 03:36:16 AM »
Well, closer to the bull's-eye than Maggie Evans or VW, I guess.    BC wanted to reawaken the old personality.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »
Oh boy.  What would Barnabas have done if Willie, Roger, or even Harry Johnson had turned out to be the reincarnation of his beloved Josette?

I know what Barnabas would do if it were Harry Johnson  [puke]
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »
I know what Barnabas would do if it were Harry Johnson  [puke]

The image of Harry done up in Josette's wedding dress would be enough to make almost anyone [puke]

;D

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 08:28:36 PM »
Almost?   It's amazing that a keyboard can still work with so much puke on it....

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »
Well, regardless of how ugly a woman Harry might make, there would certainly be some people who'd get off on it/him. Appeal is, after all, very much in the eye of the beholder.  ;)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 10:52:50 PM »
Well, regardless of how ugly a woman Harry might make, there would certainly be some people who'd get off on it/him. Appeal is, after all, very much in the eye of the beholder.  ;)

Of course.   And there's no one who can't be improved by adopting a cooler and more appropriate look.   I'd tell him to try shaving his head, but I'm wacky.    "It"....!!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 11:32:41 PM »
All I can picture is Barnabas entering Josette's room, finding Harry standing there under his spell wearing Josette's wedding gown asking:  "Does this make me look fat?"

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »
Where's CastleBee when now could be the perfect opportunity for her to possibly use her talents to photoshop us what would surely be another one of her hilarious graphics?  [lghy]

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 03:28:59 PM »
All I can picture is Barnabas entering Josette's room, finding Harry standing there under his spell wearing Josette's wedding gown asking:  "Does this make me look fat?"

Thanks for giving me my morning chuckle!  ;D

Just to stir things up a bit, when Tate painted that Blackmore guy who was in charge of the prison that Aristede escaped from, he came to life with memories and personality intact.  Yet when he painted Amanda, she came to life not knowing who she was, and with some sort of "psychic link" or whatever to Josette.  It's not really logically consistent - on the one hand he brings people back to life, while on the other hand he creates reincarnations.