Author Topic: Art Gallery on DSBoards?  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Art Gallery on DSBoards?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:01:36 AM »
OH! I've done a nude of Willie that ya'll would love!!!!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 01:07:03 AM »
Does this look like Julia?
(IMG)
I hate Julia. Nothing against the actress. But, I hate her face. She wore too much make up and looked like Michael Jackson. Plus her hair was always a mess.

Is this a computer type graphic effect that you've got going on?
I think Grayson Hall had some wonderful features. Speaking as an artist, she had a beautiful facial structure. In my own opinion, that is what a true artist looks for. Depth and soul - and Grayson had them both. Maybe she wasn't a goddess as one would consider Marilyn Monroe or some other glamour girl. but Grayson had a beautifully structured face and a deep soul. She is worthy of anyone's painting technique, as far as I'm concerned.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline chocolatevampire

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 02:01:06 AM »
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I still hate Julia. And I still think that she had a Michael Jackson face. Especially when she played Magda. I loved Magda, that was a fun character. I am sure that Grayson Hall was a fine person and all that but I can't stand her face or all that makeup. Get over it.

Alert the media, have me jobless because I have an unpopular opinion.  ::) (edited by moderator) It is a fact. Get over it.

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 02:06:21 AM »
Well said, Janet.

OH! I've done a nude of Willie that ya'll would love!!!!!

Lol! Yeah, I still have that saved to my laptop! The likeness is totally on the mark. Post it! :D ~DJ

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 02:26:09 AM »
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I still hate Julia. And I still think that she had a Michael Jackson face. Especially when she played Magda. I loved Magda, that was a fun character. I am sure that Grayson Hall was a fine person and all that but I can't stand her face or all that makeup. Get over it.

Alert the media, have me jobless because I have an unpopular opinion.  ::) And yes, women in sports are ugly. Nothing against them as people they are just ugly. It is a fact. Get over it.

Get over what?    All these people are ugly to you.   Your perceptions don't equal reality.     To me, my perceptions feel like the only ones that exist too.   That's just because I'm the only guy living in my head.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline chocolatevampire

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 02:39:15 AM »
I meant get over the fact that I think she's ugly.  (edited by moderator)

I am ugly also. If the world would just get over their concepts of what beauty is we'd all have easier lives and I wouldn't feel like murdering my parents for putting me on this stupid planet.

Let us just talk art from now on.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 06:06:04 AM »
Debate on DS Forums should relate to Dark Shadows.  The general subject of art is off topic and better suited to an art forum.  I requested just yesterday on Testing 1, 2, 3 that the discussion be taken off the boards.

And chocolatevampire, your opinions are no more valid than someone else's.  I must ask you to please show the same respect to other posters that they have shown you, and to refrain from posting inflammatory (not to mention off-topic) remarks about other groups.

Further postings in this topic that do not stay within the Forum guidelines will be removed.  Thanks.

One more thing-- the precedent here is that any nude image of the DS actors should be linked to rather than having the image show up in a post.  :)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 05:46:44 AM »
[gasp]
Sorry sweet Midnite....I just read this whole thread and cannot resist making a comment here (will do my best to keep it DS related ;)). Feel free to whip me if need be... [13]

[coughing] The interesting thing is - I love this shot of Julia in the series. It's when Barnabas first sees the sassy redhead's new "haircut." Yummy...Love it.
 I just want to say that, after drawing the goddess Grayson I don't know how many times, practice with good ole graphite makes perfect. ;)
And of course, if anyone is interested in seeing some beautiful photos and reading about the complex actress who played our beloved Dr. Hoffman, remember to check out: www.graysonhall.net
That is, if you haven't already bought and read this fantastic book yet...I mean, who hasn't?  8) >:D

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 10:36:59 PM »
I'm PMing Chocula.    Suddenly that post is more important than the entire rest of the content of the board to me.

As for nude DS images, I certainly hope there's a venue for that in the future.   That'd broaden my horizons considerably.   I've already broadened the world of Dr Who, as far as I'm concerned.....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor