Author Topic: It was the best of times,  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: It was the best of times,
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2002, 10:24:54 PM »

You're right about that, Jennifer, about Vicki not being too deep. She just doesn't know a good thing when she trips over it. If Craig Slocum showed up at my door I would be screaming for joy!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2002, 11:29:34 PM »
If you want a nice view of what the cast thought of the Summer of 1968 storyline, listen to the cast interview on the Dark Shadows Soundtrack CD (believe it's on Rhino--the first half is the contents of the original 1969 soundtrack LP).  This was done in August '68, I believe, and it's a hoot.  I just love Grayson's description of Julia's professional abilities!  And my beloved Don Briscoe makes a cameo appearance, too!  (you can hear Grayson giggling when he mentions playing "the new vampire in town"!)

Steve

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2002, 01:02:07 AM »
I absolutely loved Mrs. Johnson berating her son when Vicki screamed.  "What did you do to her?"  Now does that bring back memories or what?  When I was in grade school back then, and the nuns slapped us, we did not dare go home and tell our parents, especially our mothers.  They would have the same reaction as Mrs. J:  "Well, what did you do that Sister had to slap you?"  Our mothers would then give us the business about embarrassing them, making them appear as bad mothers, and then THEY would slap us.  Today, if a teacher dared to slap a kid, even if the kid was burning down the school, the parents would do some slapping:  they'd slap the teacher, the school, the school district and the entire Department of Education with a lawsuit.

Gerard

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2002, 08:54:38 AM »

Today, if a teacher dared to slap a kid, even if the kid was burning down the school, the parents would do some slapping:  they'd slap the teacher, the school, the school district and the entire Department of Education with a lawsuit.

Gerard

Sad, but true Gerad.
"Calamity Jane"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 05:15:35 AM »
You're right about that, Jennifer, about Vicki not being too deep. She just doesn't know a good thing when she trips over it. If Craig Slocum showed up at my door I would be screaming for joy!

Frankly, I wouldn't consider a guy like Harry to be any prize. Sorry, but it's just the way I feel. The guy was an ex-con and a not-at-all redeemed one at that.

It's true that Vicki is back from the past for a bit now...but still I can understand why she freaked out at seeing a man who resembled [spoiler]the man she killed back in 1795.[/spoiler]