Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0264  (Read 908 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0264
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:08:06 AM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0264
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:11:07 PM »
Great episode!

The best verbal exchange between Barnabas and Jason yet, each trying to outdo and outwit each other. Jonathan and Dennis Patrick were both so excellent in that scene.

I also loved watching Roger and Jason go at it, what with Roger telling Jason he'll never be anything but an enemy to him (go Roger!) and Jason telling him he wishes he had spat on Roger rather than smiled at him (boo hiss, Jason deserves to get spit on not only by Roger but by the whole family!).

Willie knows Barnabas isn't through yet looking for another potential Josette-replacement bride. I'm willing to bet he even has an idea who it will be. Willie was right though, surely Barnabas could have found another way to deal with Maggie other than killing her (with all the powers he had, it never occured to him he could have hypnotized Maggie into forgetting, and just let her go?)

Loved that scene when Sarah pointed to Willie where she lived....the Old House. When Willie tells Barnabas about it, there's a look of puzzlement on his face.....I'm thinking Barnabas might already have an idea it could be Sarah, his beloved little sister gone so long ago, but won't admit it until other things start to happen where he's forced to face it.

Again great episode.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »
Good, solid episode.

Again, Barnabas didn't seem overjoyed at Maggie's death.  He said something about how it was not something one could have expected.  We know he was planning to kill her the night she escaped.  If she had still been in the cell when he got there, would he have gone through with it?  Or would something else just happen to have kept him from killing her?

When Roger was outside approaching the Old House, for a moment I thought it was Willie, coming back from looking around.  I just love the exterior of the Old House.  If I could have the interior of Collinwood and the exterior of the Old House to live in, I would think I had died and gone to Heaven.  And there Willie was (or so I thought), going home to that beautiful house - and it was a prison for him.

I liked the conversation between Roger and Barnabas.  It was long - lots of lines to learn - but it didn't seem forced.  Yesterday's conversations didn't seem quite right to me, but this one was just about perfect.

And there's nothing new to say about Jason, but I've got to say it anyway: he's great fun to watch, and I wish he had stuck around longer.  He would have made a far more interesting opponent to Barnabas than Burke did.  Hmm...if Dennis Patrick had played Jeremiah, I sure wouldn't have minded running off with him!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »
I was sorry to see Dennis Patrick go too, but not the character of Jason. I'll be so happy when [spoiler]Barnabas strangles the life out of that sleazebag.[/spoiler]

Jason was truly one awesome, charming villain, but his brow-beating Elizabeth into doing everything he says got irriating after awhile.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 06:10:31 PM »
Good show, A couple things that I notice, besides what had been said before. Don't want to repeat.

1 The lighting in the old house was very dark, couldn't see lighting with candles being like that. It did seam very natural the talkng between Barnabas and Roger.

2  I think that Barnabas, was very upset with Jason. He decided to kill Jason now if he found out more. JP was great as Jason, Jason should have kept his plans more secret when it came to Barnabas.

3  I don't think Barnabas really wanted to kill Maggie, I think he was hoping that she would change.

4. I think Barnabas knew it was Sarah
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 04:24:02 AM »

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »
One thing I noticed that really bugged me was Vicki's hairdo.  It was weird!  It was distracting.  It was becoming to her, but strange.

Both Willie and Barnabas seemed to regret Maggie's "death".  I think this was when Barnabas's character may have started to be more sympathetic to us viewers.

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]