Author Topic: Jane Draper  (Read 779 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Jane Draper
« on: March 26, 2007, 04:45:53 PM »
Last night I watched two of Jane Draper's episodes of DS.  She played Suki Forbes in 1795.

It's a testament to Draper's skill that I was actually cruising for Natalie episodes (and yes, fast forwarding through my tape, a practice that I do realize some deplore but I'm just a shameless hussy when it comes to my practice of the Cult of Grayson Hall).  When Suki walked into the Eagle, I hit the play button and commented to my roomie, whose jaw had dropped:  "I just gotta watch Suki do her thing!"

I just love it, too, that Suki had a brand new wardrobe for Day 2 and her arrival at "the Great House."  She was clearly a lady who did things with style (and who knew how to SHOP, even in a dump like 18th century Collinsport!).

I'm really really sorry that Draper did not return in a recurring role.  She's up there with Cavada Humphrey, Elizabeth Eis, Abe Vigoda, Anita Bolster and other Special Guest Players on DS, in my book.

G.

David

Re: Jane Draper
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:57:27 PM »
I hear that Jane Draper worked in theatre a lot.
Alas, her time on camera was very limited, on DS &
elsewhere.
She was good!

There's a bried clip of her in the new film Running With Scissors, as Jill Clayburgh watches DS>
Running is now out on DVD.

David

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 05:35:29 PM »
I, too, enjoyed Jane Draper's too-brief appearance on DS. It seemed to me she was more polished and experienced than the other ingenues. She was quite sure of herself and her performance, and the viewer felt that.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »
Jane was great as Suki. I loved it when [spoiler]Suki arrived at Collinwood, much to the shock of her "dear brother" Nathan. She really knew how to make him squirm and she did a great job of it.[/spoiler]

Too bad she was a one-shot deal though. Would have loved to have seen her play another character on the show.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:50:30 PM »
Somebody once suggested on this Forum that Jason McGuire and Suki Forbes would have been a match made in heaven, and ever since then I have considered it to be one of the great tragedies of Dark Shadows that these two kindred spirits never managed to reach across the centuries and find each other.