Author Topic: So Amy Chris and Sabrina just rode off into the moonless sunset  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
 I've been watching the episodes where Barnabas and Julia have returned to 1970. We find that the good professor Stokes has left his niece who has just lost her parents at Collinwood. Amy Chris and Sabrina have left for what reason I'm not sure. My guess would be that Quentin scared the crap out of Amy so bad that Chris told Sabrina,We're getting this kid out of here. Now the good professor knowing all this still sends poor Carrie to live at Collinwood. What was he thinking ???

IluvBarnabas

Re: So Amy Chris and Sabrina just rode off into the moonless sunset
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:12:42 AM »
I absolutely HATE it that the writers left us in the dark as to the fates of Chris, Amy and Sabrina. [pissd]

[spoiler]Quentin says in one episode that he was sorry to see the three of them go, but he never went into the circumstances that made them left. From the way Quentin was talking and the way he was looking at the moon, I got the impression that Chris STILL hadn't found a way to rid himself of the curse. Which makes me wonder, if he was still under the curse whenever it was he decided to leave town, why the hell did he take Amy and Sabrina with him? They would be in danger whenever a full moon came around....or for that matter every night they would be in danger (I remember before 1897 Chris started turning into a werewolf without a full moon in the sky).[/spoiler]

As for Hallie, well for storyline purposes, David needed another playmate. But I agree Collinwood was probably the last place Professor Stokes should have sent her to, especially since she was already tramurized by the deaths of her parents.....she needed a stable upbringing....something she wasn't going to get at Collinwood.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 05:02:31 AM »
[spoiler]Considering how the whole situation was completely botched during the Leviathans period, clearly no one knew how to deal with Chris/Quentin post 1897. So, it's never really surprised me that no definitive explanation for why Chris, Sabrina and Amy left town was ever given (though in reality we know that it was because Don Briscoe and Denise Nickerson were no longer available to appear on the show).

That being said, though, Sabrina was continually trying to persuade Chris that they did indeed have a future together. So, with that in mind, it also never really surprised me and it seems perfectly plausible that Sabrina and Chris would leave Collinsport to attempt some sort of new life - and, of course, that they would take Amy with them.[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:56:12 PM »
[spoiler]Well, don't forget that when we last saw them, Sabrina had suffered a really terrible attack at the hands of Barnabas.  When Barnabas disappeared and Julia, who was the main person trying to help Chris, seems to have wandered off into emotional la-la land before her own "transcendence" into Parallel Time, Chris probably decided it was time to get Sabrina and Amy the hell out of Collinsport.

It would have only taken about 3 sentences more of dialogue in that scene in the drawing room in the Summer of 1970 to sum this up.  As was so often the case, however, the writers couldn't be bothered.

I have to wonder whether this snippet of dialogue was inserted into that scene because DC still hoped that Briscoe and Nickerson would one day return to this show.  It's hard to know at this point.[/spoiler]

G.

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:43:18 PM »
Now the good professor knowing all this still sends poor Carrie to live at Collinwood. What was he thinking ???
I just realized that I called Stokes niece Carrie instead of Hallie.  Some die hard fan I am.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:05:39 PM »
I agree that this was a mishandling of the plot by the writers, yet again. Because by the time Barn enters PT, Chris, Amy, and Sabrina are long gone. Or at least we hadn't seen them in a while. It's possible that they were still in Collinsport and after Barn went to PT, Julia focused on trying to help them and maybe even got Stokes involved some how. Maybe they moved to Tibet to get some monks to help Chris. Possible fan fictions there.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 09:15:45 PM »
by the time Barn enters PT, Chris, Amy, and Sabrina are long gone. Or at least we hadn't seen them in a while.

It's certainly true that Amy hadn't been seen for about a month before the switch to 1970PT, but Chris and Sabrina were heavily involved in the last week of shows leading up to the switch. In fact, one of the reasons Barnabas desired to cross over to PT was to potentially escape his curse because of what he was doing to Sabrina.  ;)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 09:40:44 PM »
I just watched the ep last night where Quentin talks about them.  I am on the same page as the creator of this topic apparently.  I was very sad to this plot line unresolved.  I hadn't seen Don's last ep till recently, and he clearly was unwell and having trouble with his lines.  I felt bad for him.  I would say his "illness" caused them all to be casualties, I guess they could have recast, but maybe they decided against it since Victoria's recast didn't work.  I always thought Don could have been a big star...he was goregous and a good actor.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 03:38:01 AM »
I always thought Don could have been a big star...he was goregous and a good actor.

Agreed. As for Quentin summing up the departure of Chris, Amy and Sabrina in summer 1970, I have never seen that episode. Anyone know the actual episode #?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 04:34:38 AM »
Agreed. As for Quentin summing up the departure of Chris, Amy and Sabrina in summer 1970, I have never seen that episode. Anyone know the actual episode #?

Hi, Sandor.  It's #1075-- the night of the total eclipse.   :o

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »
I agree that this was a mishandling of the plot by the writers, yet again. Because by the time Barn enters PT, Chris, Amy, and Sabrina are long gone. Or at least we hadn't seen them in a while. It's possible that they were still in Collinsport and after Barn went to PT, Julia focused on trying to help them and maybe even got Stokes involved some how. Maybe they moved to Tibet to get some monks to help Chris. Possible fan fictions there.

How very Buffy that would be of them...:)  Going to Tibet and visting monks to help with a cure.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/