Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0257  (Read 796 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0257
« on: March 20, 2007, 05:15:04 AM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0257
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:14:29 PM »
Whatever one thinks of Buzz, you have to admire the way he stood up to Jason.

I don't think Buzz really took all that talk about marriage seriously. He didn't seem the least bit bothered when Jason told him Carolyn was only using him to hurt her mother. I think good old Buzz was just enjoying the ride.

Buzz's line "If you feel it, sit it!" such a classic for a character who was only on for a few episodes. It made me chuckle.

Well Jason struck out in his attempts to bribe Buzz into breaking it off with Carolyn. I wonder if he's sweating if he can't find a way to put an end to Buzz and Carolyn, Elizabeth just might call off the wedding, threats or no threats.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »
As I watched this episode, I imagined Malcolm Marmorstein doing scholarly research for it, asking all his friends, "What do young people say these days?"  And they answered: "Cop out."  "Dig."  "Chick."  Oh, yeah, baby, Malcolm knows how to talk the hip talk.

On the plus side for Malcolm, he made me laugh a lot with his lines for Jason.  Dennis Patrick helped, of course.  Running around from Elizabeth to Carolyn to Buzz, and not one of them would dance to his piping!  Looks like Jason has bit off more that he can chew.

It was sort of odd at the end - peppy Blue Whale music immediately followed by downbeat Dark Shadows theme.  It's not something that would have struck anybody when the show ran on TV; there would be the commercials  - two, if I remember correctly - as a buffer.

Gothick will be pleased to hear that I liked Buzz's moves on the dance floor.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »
Buzz was only with Carolyn for the fun of it, but he couldn't be bought by Jason! [bigok] This episode was the one when Buzz flubbed his lines.  [winkg]

Elizabeth sure was a prude today - not letting Buzz in.  [dsapg] Buzz and Carolyn kissed just after he took a smoke from his cigar.  Yuck!  [tongue6]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 04:00:31 PM »
I like Buzz, just being anti establishment. Do we all remember those days?  I guess Carolyn doesn't mind the smoke, she is making her point and is more determined than Liz. Jason is coming up the short end. Jason is starting to see his plan getting away from him. He dare push too much. The people in the big house knows how to push back.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate