Author Topic: CURSES, foiled again!  (Read 2074 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
CURSES, foiled again!
« on: May 06, 2002, 01:07:19 PM »
Spoiler......

What was the signifigance of each horrific :o symbol behind the closed doors of the "Dream Curse,"and its connection to the dreamer or Barnabas? Analyze the situation from the point of view of one or all of the participants.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CURSES, foiled again!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 04:05:55 PM »
You mean it didn't have to do with what they had available in the prop room and stock footage?  ;D

(just kidding)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 04:10:20 PM »
You mean it didn't have to do with what they had available in the prop room and stock footage?  ;D

(just kidding)

Luciaphil

Very clever ;)...but what is the answer to the question?

Online ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 10:36:08 PM »
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Jeff Clark--the guillotine represented his fear of Lang, who wanted to use Jeff's head for the creature.

Dr. Lang--the headless being represented the creature that he was building.

Julia--the skeleton bride represented her fear/hatred for the ghost of Josette, Barnabas's lost love.

Willie--the wolves, whose howling he always hated, represented his fear of vampire Barnabas.

David--the bats that he saw were a reminder of the time that Barnabas had menaced him.

Vicki--she was afraid of harm coming to Barnabas, and so she dreamed of him dead.

I'm not sure why Maggie saw the skull or why Carolyn saw her own gravestone (unless that's just something that generally frightens people.)  I'm afraid I don't even remember what Mrs. Johnson or Sam Evans saw, so my analysis will have to end here.  

ProfStokes

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2002, 12:32:03 AM »
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Jeff Clark--the guillotine represented his fear of Lang, who wanted to use Jeff's head for the creature.

Dr. Lang--the headless being represented the creature that he was building.

Julia--the skeleton bride represented her fear/hatred for the ghost of Josette, Barnabas's lost love.

Willie--the wolves, whose howling he always hated, represented his fear of vampire Barnabas.

David--the bats that he saw were a reminder of the time that Barnabas had menaced him.

Vicki--she was afraid of harm coming to Barnabas, and so she dreamed of him dead.

I'm not sure why Maggie saw the skull or why Carolyn saw her own gravestone (unless that's just something that generally frightens people.)  I'm afraid I don't even remember what Mrs. Johnson or Sam Evans saw, so my analysis will have to end here.  

ProfStokes

Excellent analysis, ProfStokes!  As for what  Mrs. Johnson and Sam Evans dreamed, if I recall correctly,
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
I think Mrs. Johnson saw a giant spider in a web (don't know of any significance to this), and Sam saw Maggie mourning his death (reflecting his own fears, as he was in the hospital after being badly beaten by Adam.  Sadly, his dream came true).

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 02:19:33 AM »

I'm not sure why Maggie saw the skull or why Carolyn saw her own gravestone (unless that's just something that generally frightens people.)  

ProfStokes

Remember Maggie looks like Josette. Angelique gave Josette and Barnabas a skull for a wedding present.
With Carolyn,perhaps it has to do with that impending danger concerning Jeb and the Leviathans. This is just one interpretation of the dream. Anyone else ??

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2002, 02:27:07 AM »
Actually, I thought the dread was that these were people whom Barn cared about (too easy).

But don't forget, Ang always wanted to hurt those who cared for Barn...

Just like a daughter....

Patti
What a Woman!

Online ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2002, 07:40:35 AM »

I think Mrs. Johnson saw a giant spider in a web (don't know of any significance to this

Arachnophobia from all the cobwebs she had to sweep out?  ;)

Thanks for refreshing my memory, MikeS!

ProfStokes

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2002, 10:09:20 AM »

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
I think Mrs. Johnson saw a giant spider in a web (don't know of any significance to this), and Sam saw Maggie mourning his death (reflecting his own fears, as he was in the hospital after being badly beaten by Adam.  Sadly, his dream came true).

The only thing I can think of for Mrs.Johnson's dream is that perhaps she was thinking to herself "how on earth did I get involved in all this?" Like she was trapped in this terrible web and couldn't understand why. I also found it strange that Roger & Liz, especially being a Collins, never had to go through with the dream. ?!?
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2002, 01:00:04 PM »
Thanks to all of you who answered this difficult query.

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2002, 03:38:45 PM »

Remember Maggie looks like Josette. Angelique gave Josette and Barnabas a skull for a wedding present.
With Carolyn,perhaps it has to do with that impending danger concerning Jeb and the Leviathans. This is just one interpretation of the dream. Anyone else ??

Regarding Carolyn's dream,
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Perhaps it is a sign of what is soon to come when Carolyn provides the lifeforce for the experiment to bring Eve to life.  Remember, the experiment failed and at first Barnabas and Julia thought that Carolyn was dead.

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2002, 12:29:31 AM »
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

May Cassandra/Angelique is sparing Elizabeth because of her resemblence to Naomi? I don't see why else Cassandra would spare Elizabeth, since she didn't exactly approve of Roger and Cass's elopement. Didn't Elizabeth have dreams of being buried alive though? Or was that caused by something else?

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2002, 03:26:48 AM »
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

May Cassandra/Angelique is sparing Elizabeth because of her resemblence to Naomi? I don't see why else Cassandra would spare Elizabeth, since she didn't exactly approve of Roger and Cass's elopement. Didn't Elizabeth have dreams of being buried alive though? Or was that caused by something else?

The PREMATURE BURIAL sequence or Liz "being buried alive" happens later not during the Cassandra's DREAM CURSE. Of course, Angelique is also behind the "buried alive " one! ;)

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

Um, I hate to spoil your theory, but Mrs. Johnson was the one who had the dream about the bats. David was the one who had the spider and the web in his dream.

Though it really would have made more sense for David to have had the bats in his dream because of what you said.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
David also saw the bats, though the spider web was what woke him from the dream--

[spoiler]Skull. Laughing bride. Bats. A spider web with a huge spider, in which David gets caught.
David awakens screaming for help, and Mrs. Johnson pulls him into her arms and holds him as he sobs.[/spoiler]