Author Topic: jonathan frid on youtube  (Read 1568 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
jonathan frid on youtube
« on: March 08, 2007, 04:21:06 AM »
i uploaded footage i shot 25 years ago of jonathan frid. it was at an event in 1982 at the magique disco in nyc. it was to promote the syndication of ds on wnbc tv4. jonathan describes his favorite blooper and girls from the crowd are heard yelling out "BITE MY NECK"! Please view and make comments on youtube or here or both. you can do a search for jonathan frid at www.youtube.com or my page/channel is at http://www.youtube.com/jayteevideo

(Moderator Note: discussion about a posting problem has been split off to "Re: Automatically Inserting BBC Code Problem" on the Testing board.)

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
Re: jonathan frid on youtube
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 09:32:59 PM »
 Wow Joe, what a blast from the past. A friend and I went to Magique's that night to see Jonathan. Is there more to that film. It would be a real rush to catch a glimps of myself or my friend. My buddie would be easy to spot. He had the biggest afro I've ever seen on a white guy.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:11:30 PM »
"I was a very nervous person on that show..." Priceless!

I was surprised to see David Jay ("Leviathan Boy") come up and give JF a hug at the very end.  Do we know whether he ever attended another DS event after this?

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 11:38:23 PM »
I heard that video exists of the event and always wanted to see it.  Thanks, Joe!  It was fun seeing Zacherley, too.

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 04:25:21 AM »
"I was a very nervous person on that show..." Priceless!

Do you mean that you were also there?

I remember Jonathan asking the audience what type of commercials David Jay was best suited for . A girl in the audience sarcastically answered Sunkiss.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »
Wow, Barnabas meets Zacherley!  Did Frid and Zach have any banter together during this event?  And David Jay too!  Wow!

~Penny~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
I think his appearance at this charity event (the NY Blood Bank was also a sponsor) was the only one for David Jay.  And if I'm not mistaken, it was Frid's first since the 70s.  And it must've gone well because he appeared at his first ShadowCon (in California) not long after.  There, he said the audience never did get to see those clips he mentions in Joe's tape because a drink was spilled on the video player.  Frid also said he helped put the clips together (the first indication, perhaps, that he would later host his own website?) to be shown at the disco, but they did get played in California.

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 06:57:17 PM »
 Jonathan Frids appearance at Magique was the first time that I had ever heard of him appearing anywhere. Then again I never knew that the fests were around till a few years back.  Jonathans appearance went very well I thought. If I remember right the house was packed and the crowd was very enthusiastic,I know I was.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 03:50:01 AM »
i only edited a few minutes out. mostly the barnabas look alike contest. the winner looked nothing like barnabas but he had the cane and the ring and the cape. back in those days i had a super 8 sound movie camera and a roll of sound film lasted only 4minutes and cost like 10 bucks. so i only had 2 rolls of film. i didnt take any shots of the crowd cause it was too dark in the crowd. as far as i know david jay may have been anounced as a guest at a festival in later years but didnt show up. i could be wrong about that. i will post again when i upload more footage. zacherley was conversing with frid in the press room and i believe he introduced frid onstage but i missed filming his intro.