Author Topic: OT - Serbian vampire hunters prevent Milosevic come-back  (Read 895 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: OT - Serbian vampire hunters prevent Milosevic come-back
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 07:21:24 AM »
Are they saying there are actually vampire hunters?   "Van Helsing" indicates it's just a joke.   And "popping his clogs" must mean death, but how I don't know.   Milosevich wasn't executed, was he?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 07:47:47 AM »
Milosevich wasn't executed, was he?
He died in prison of a heart attack while his war crimes trial was still underway. There are various conspiracy theories related to his death, including the notion that he was sent to an early grave by others or that he took measures to ensure his own death.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »
I believe the stakes Bram Stoker describes in the novel Dracula were around three feet long, actually.  I recall seeing a documentary somewhere or other where the presenter brought one out and said Hollywood and Hammer had modified it to what we are used to seeing because something that big would look "ridiculous."

One of the few bits used from the novel in the new BBC film version was that the stakes were more like the ones described in the book than we usually see.  Of course they were used in a totally over-the-top manner...

This isn't the first time in history, by a long shot, that a dead dictator's grave has been desecrated by a vengeance-seeking mob.  I believe it was in fact by Parliamentary order that the dead bodies of Cromwell and Ireton, the leaders of the 1640s "English Revolution" that ended in the decapitation of Charles I, were exhumed and hung from a gallows to exact a posthumous punishment.

G.