Author Topic: Crushes on DS Stars  (Read 8123 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Crushes on DS Stars
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
And Abigail always ate that apple!

And by "that apple," why do I get the strong impression that you don't mean the piece of fruit?  [wink2]

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »
There are a lot of gorgeous men on this show , and I have to give honorable mention to Don Briscoe and David Selby , but my crushes are on Peter/Jeff and Joe .
Funny enough , Ned , Dirk and Tate didn't have the same effect on me , so I guess personality counts . Nathan is smoking hot , but I know bad boys are no good ! Apparently it's the good boys who do it for me !Quentin is gorgeous but too fickle in his attentions.
Joe is so sweet and decent . Perfect husband material .
Jeff is handsome , and so devoted he crossed centuries for love ! He's also seems to be oversexed , he always seemed very , um , authentic , when making out with Vicky . I don't recall anybody else onthe show getting into their love scenes with as much enthusism as Jeff!

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 02:09:48 AM »
 See I told you Abigail was a real freak. Trask on the other hand has taken me by surprise.  And thank you MB for the abbreviation lesson, I'm not even gonna tell you what I thought it meant.
I have it on very good authority that Abigail & Trask would
get nekked so they could play Adam & Eve after Bible study.

And Abigail always ate that apple!

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 04:29:03 AM »
And thank you MB for the abbreviation lesson, I'm not even gonna tell you what I thought it meant.
How 'bout telling the rest of us?  >:D
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 01:08:52 AM »
There are a lot of gorgeous men on this show , and I have to give honorable mention to Don Briscoe and David Selby , but my crushes are on Peter/Jeff and Joe .
Funny enough , Ned , Dirk and Tate didn't have the same effect on me , so I guess personality counts . Nathan is smoking hot , but I know bad boys are no good ! Apparently it's the good boys who do it for me !Quentin is gorgeous but too fickle in his attentions.
Joe is so sweet and decent . Perfect husband material .
Jeff is handsome , and so devoted he crossed centuries for love ! He's also seems to be oversexed , he always seemed very , um , authentic , when making out with Vicky . I don't recall anybody else onthe show getting into their love scenes with as much enthusism as Jeff!

good points but i'm not sure "jeff"s" co stars loved his enthusism LOL

jennifer
and i agree about Nathan and i remember a while back certain discusssions about his tight trousers LOL ;D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 04:32:40 PM »
I thought there was a slashy component (no doubt this existed only in my own twisted mind) in the scenes between the original Reverend Trask and Nathan Forbes that were featured in the slideshows a couple of days ago.

Between Trask's HEAVY eyeliner and his sweaty-palmed "enthusiasm," and the Bad Lieutenant's lecherous swagger, I really was ready to see Trask get down on his knees for my OWN idea of "that old time religion" and a little "divine" service (um, not so little when you realize what was inside those "vulgar" trousers).

Perhaps the scene could have played to Dusty Springfield's recording of "Just a little lovin', early in the mornin', beats a cuppa coffee for startin' out the day..." Oh, my bad, Dust did not record that song till the 1968 Atlantic "Dusty in Memphis" sessions.

cheers, G.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 04:53:27 PM »
Hilarious, Gothick!

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 08:02:04 PM »
How 'bout telling the rest of us? >:D
Ok Barnabasjr but remember, you asked.    ROFLMAO     Rotting Onions Firmly Lodged Madly Against Organs              Hope I didn't offend anyone, Elmont...

Offline barnabasjr

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 03:51:12 AM »
ROFLMAO     Rotting Onions Firmly Lodged Madly Against Organs
Elmont, that is one unfortunate assumption! I feel your shame, though. :-X Thanks for sharing!

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »
 Like I said Barnabasjr, You Asked...

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 12:50:55 PM »
I find Vicki Winters the most attractive of the women of DS - her sweetness and vulnerability, Moltkes's beautiful voice and face and figure and hair, etc. But for me her most striking feature is her eyes. There's something haunting about them, and it took me a long time to figure out what it was. It's that they're not perfectly aligned. Has anyone else ever noticed this? It's difficult to detect when you're watching her on the show, but you can see it in still shots. This is the best example I've found:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/10588/cat/1059

They're mesmerizing...
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 11:46:35 PM »
I keep noticing more and more uneven sets of eyes on actors.   Antoinette Bower, big in TV guest shots in the 60s, had one level eye and one slanted eye.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2007, 06:37:31 PM »
retzev,

i love that photograph.it's so glamourous.i wonder when it was taken.it must have been after her time on the show.

i believe that it was luciaphil who once said that perhaps the boxy "mod" lines of the 1960's were not as flattering to alexandra's figure as they might have been.perhaps the curvier silhouettes of the 1950's would have suited her better.the a-line shapes sometimes look dumpy on her and the above-the-knee lengths cut her legs off at an unfortunate place.

to me kathryn leigh scott had the "gamine" quality to perfectly carry off these styles.she wore the shortest skirts of any actress on the show.

slightly off-topic but having met several of the actresses on the show i'm struck by how tiny some of them are.the camera definitely adds hieght.nancy barrett and diana millay are pint-sized!kathryn and alexandra are slightly taller but i still had to look down to them.lara parker and marie wallace are the only actresses i think that seemed tall to me. [tngg] [tngg] [tngg]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2007, 07:47:52 PM »
And then there's...

Me: Still in love.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »
Yesterday I was transferring some of the '91 series' pre-publicity promos/interviews from VHS to DVD after not having seen them or the series for several years, and I was definitely reminded of how really appealing Joanna Going is as Vicki. And she and Ben Cross have excellent chemistry. The promos can't help but draw you into the show and make you want to watch it. "Experience the passion like never before - 'as it was meant to be.'" (Unfortunately, though, I have too much to do around here to prepare for the upgrade to SMF 1.2, so that will have to wait until after the update has been completed...)