Author Topic: Crushes on DS Stars  (Read 8125 times)

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Crushes on DS Stars
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:16:36 AM »
Back in the day of the original airings, I had quite a crush on Alexandra Moltke. After she left the show, the crush fell on Kathryn Leigh Scott. Now as I'm watching DS reruns on dvd, and viewing the 1840 time period, I have a crush on 1971 Lee Beery (Joanna Mills). Too bad she's not in the show for long. Wonder whatever happened to her? I also wonder if my crushes have anything to do with the characters these actresses portrayed. Two governesses and um, well maybe it's some other trait.

So, if you had or do have a crush on someone from the show, who was it?

IluvBarnabas

Re: Crushes on DS Stars
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:14:34 AM »
Barnabas is my favorite character, so I sorta have a crush on him, though I think he's more handsome than sexy.

However, Bramwell, Quentin, Desmond, Kendrick.....yum yum! Talk about FINE looking men here!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 02:24:36 AM »
I think it's no secret that I had a terrific crush on The Lovely And Talented Kathryn Leigh Scott.  I so wanted her to be my governess when I watched DS on its initial run.  I still want her to be my governess.

Gerard

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 05:41:19 AM »
I don't have crushes on stars but on characters. I am in love with Willie Loomis and I have a crush on Quentin. Quentin is so gorgeous but as a character he leaves a lot to be desired. He drinks too much and is a womanizer. To get involved with him would be heartache for a woman. In 1970 parallel time he's not a womanizer but he still has a vicious temper. He acts like a two year old having a tantrum every time something doesn't go his way. He needs a lot of maturing.

Willie OTOH, once he changes he becomes a beautiful person. And he's so sweet and adorable I can't help but melt in every scene he's in. I love JK's other characters too with the exception of Carl, Carl is too high strung and drives me crazy to look at him. But William H. Loomis, Desmond Collins and Kendrick Young are also huge crushes of mine.

To a lesser extent I like Chris Jennings (along with Tom Jennings and Tim Shaw).

Alondra

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 02:22:20 AM »
my d.s. "crush" is an especially odd one in that while i play for the other team(if you get my drift)as many of you are probably(painfully)aware i am totally smitten by alexandra moltke as victoria winters.

i can't really explain it.she's so pretty.she has such nice hair.i like the sound of her voice.

when she's onscreen i'm transifixed.even at vicki's vapid and wimpy worst(and she spent the better part of 1968 there)i like seeing her. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 03:10:32 AM »
I will only say that mine posted here just recently.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 04:31:53 AM »
I definately HAVE a huge crush on David Selby.  I love the shirtless eps with Quentin...I get all tingly inside when he is one my screen :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 04:32:27 AM »
I have a huge crush on sadly departed Joel Crothers .... and his chest .... and Nathan Forbes' trousers .... and (oh, I better stop there) ;D
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 05:18:08 AM »
My primary crush on the show is Maggie Evans as a redhead with her hair shorn in bangs. BTW your photo of her looks like the scene where she is hearing beckoner Jeff Clark recite the 'Dream Curse' riddle.  She's the person I'd most like to know personally.  She is Ms. Sunshine in the often fog shrouded world of Collinsport (where it never rains or snows, but thunders almost every other episode, lol).

My runnerup favorite is Roxanne Drew. She looks especially stunning in the 1840 storyline (i.e., BEFORE she becomes one of the living dead).

So, if you had or do have a crush on someone from the show, who was it?
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 05:52:01 AM »
Hell, Lara was the first woman I ever fell madly in love with, and at age 10, I was reasonably certain there would never be anyone else for me. I remember damn near boo-hooing when [spoiler]Barnabas professed his love for Angelique and she died.[/spoiler] I figured life as I knew it had ended. It did, actually -- at least until we found ourselves in parallel time.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »
I definately HAVE a huge crush on David Selby.  I love the shirtless eps with Quentin...I get all tingly inside when he is one my screen :)

Ohhhhh yeah! When he comes in from a night of werewolfing and his shirt is ripped open, and Beth meets him as he falls to the floor, well if I were her, I'd be ripping the rest of the shirt off. Hey, it's ruint anyway lol!  :P He also looks downright delicious when he's sort of leaning back with his eyes closed. I love his blue eyes when they're open too. But like I said in above post, he's the one I like to look at, and drool over, and dream of, well, you know. But my heart belongs to Willie.

Alondra

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
I have a huge crush on sadly departed Joel Crothers .... and his chest

You do recall that this topic is always available for you to indulge your, uh, crush whenever you'd care to, right?

In honor of the anniversary of the first running of Ep #608:

[wink2]

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »
As a prepubescent girl, I had a crush on Quentin. He was so tall and handsome with those incredible blue eyes. However, when I began watchng the reruns on Sci-Fi, before I acquired the entire series on VHS, I was drawn to Adam. There was such a sweetness and innocence to him at first, particularly when he developed an infatuation for Carolyn. I always believed she wanted to return that feeling, but it was impossible because she knew what he was and how he was created. Even after poor Adam was so badly manipulated by Nicholas and became a terror, I couldn't help but feel sympathy for him. So, now he's the one I have a crush on, if you can call it that. Can a middle-aged lady still have crushes? LOL!

David

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 06:00:53 PM »
at age 11, I had a huge crush on Lara Parker, LOL!
because in the late 70s, early 80s, while watching Edge of Night in my 20s, I had a crush on Joel Crothers!

David

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 07:25:36 PM »
Can a middle-aged lady still have crushes? LOL!

I certainly hope so since I have two as I've mentioned. I think the crushes keep us young and remind us that we are not over the hill yet!

Alondra