Author Topic: Warner Video Chat tonight- 2/26- Show your support for the NODS restoration!  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The chat is tonight, 8-11PM EST, 5-8 PST. The powers that be will be in attendance answering questions about upcoming releases and noting consumer interest.

Last year's chat had Warners claim that both HODS and NODS would be out later in 2007. If you want NODS to be the restored version or want significant extras, I urge you to log in to the chat and enthusiastically ask about the restored version etc. and show your support. There's a cueing process throughout the chat, where they indicate 10 people in batches can ask questions. They choose the names, by saying "go" and everyone types 'Yo' and hit send.

There's full info at the link and further info links inside.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html

Stop by and represent!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I alas cannot attend, but my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

G.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the heads up - I'm looking forward to it
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
To clarify- a DVD release of both this fall is pretty much a given, BUT whether anything extra will be included OR if the second film will be restored is not looking very good.

If you do take part in the chat, PLEASE don't mention my name. Thanks!

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
20 mins in and Claude North represented asking about the 129min cut of NODS. I'd post the response but cut and paste isn't working.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
way to go CN!
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
20 mins in and Claude North represented asking about the 129min cut of NODS. I'd post the response but cut and paste isn't working.

"We will be releasing both DARK SHADOWS movies this year but the details of the releases are still under discussion internally and with an external consultant."

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I was fortunate enough to get another plug in, and harvest a little more info:

JFrank - "I'd like to say I'm also hoping to finally see NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS restored (and anamorphic.) On a genre-related note, many fans were disappointed with HORROR OF DRACULA's improper framing. As a pivotal horror film, and the greatest of the Hammers, it deserves a definitive presentation. Any plans to revisit this title? Thanks - DONE"

Warner Brothers - "Yes, we have been talking about re-doing all the Hammer films, especially for both HD and SD. The first group came out during a period here when proper care wasn't taken with classic titles. You remember those days? Happily they're over, and we know we need to fix our sins of the past. Be Patient, but we promise results.
Also both Dark Shadows movies will be fresh new 16x9 transfers from newly restored film elements. They'll look great DONE"

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone! I think it's accomplished, please, no need to ask again on the chat...Otherwise it looks suspicious.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks- good job everyone!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Wow.  If I trusted the WB suits AT ALL, I'd be very happy right now. Still, this does sound promising.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Also both Dark Shadows movies will be fresh new 16x9 transfers from newly restored film elements.

Well, if nothing else, that's good news - and a vast improvement over the pan and scan VHS releases. Though, of course, we want a full restoration of NoDS.