Author Topic: The ironies of Dark Shadows  (Read 694 times)

IluvBarnabas

The ironies of Dark Shadows
« on: February 23, 2007, 04:06:34 PM »
I have been thinking about some of the ironic things that happened on the show, one that comes to mind is Angelique:

[spoiler]She was responsible for a grave misjustice, framing Vicki for her witchcraft and letting her hang for it in 1795.

In 1840 Angelique was responsible for preventing a grave injustice when she saved Quentin and Desmond from being beheaded.[/spoiler]

I just decided to lay down one example of irony on the show, how about you?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: The ironies of Dark Shadows
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
Well, the biggest irony regarding dear Angelique, which Barnabas actually comments  upon in the episode concerned was [spoiler]the fact that her curse was that whoever loved him would die--and since she "loved" him, she became the first victim of her own curse![/spoiler]

G.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »
Response to the last did she really?

[spoiler]Didn't she keep coming back? After she died in 1840, someone said that she would come back again in the 1970's if the show continued. So did she really love Barnabas or was she just in lust."[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 04:12:01 AM »
I beleive Angelique truly loved Barnabas . Lust will only take you so far , and Angelique's love for Barnabas definitely stood the test of time , lasting well over a hundred years .
As for the curse , Angelique did die over and over again , with frequent resurrections , so I think it's possible to see that as her curse at work.