Author Topic: What other type of characters would you have liked to see?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Following up on VAM's "Filling their Shoes" thread. . What other types of characters would you have liked to see our DS actors play?, e.g. Clarice Blackburn as Dr. Lange's wordly, Paris-fashioned, greedy, devious ex-wife (with her own hair!)??

[beer]
Julia99

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: What other type of characters would you have liked to see?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 08:24:03 PM »
Following up on VAM's "Filling their Shoes" thread. . What other types of characters would you have liked to see our DS actors play?, e.g. Clarice Blackburn as Dr. Lange's wordly, Paris-fashioned, greedy, devious ex-wife (with her own hair!)??

[beer]

How about John Harkins as a descendant of Garth Blackwood and Julia Hoffman's long lost ex-hubby! :o
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 12:46:27 AM »
I can't help it i'd like to see the ghost of Quentin!!!!!!
( sorry gang but my sweetie is so awesome)!!!!
                Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 02:32:59 AM »
I can't help it i'd like to see the ghost of Quentin!!!!!!
( sorry gang but my sweetie is so awesome)!!!!
                Love Anne

Yes Annie we know but that wasn't the question. . .
Julia99

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2002, 04:00:16 AM »
I'll second the notion of seeing Clarice Blackburn playing a worldly character (and yes, I vote for her real hair too  8)), but the thought that Eric Lang actually found someone willing to not only sleep with him, but marry him too is too disturbing for words.

IIRC, Michael Miozza wrote part of a really good fanfic that had Virginia Vestoff playing a contemporary character (Roger's wife?), I would have liked to see something like that.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 02:29:31 AM »
I've always wondered who Alexandra Moltke would have played in 1897. It's ironic that part of the reason she left the show was because DC wouldn't give her a different character to play, when she might have gotten her wish if she'd stuck it out. (On the other hand, DC might have continued to use Vicki as the time-traveling catalyst in 1897, and she'd have still been Vicki!)

This wasn't my idea, but I've read another fan idea I really liked. What if Moltke had reappeared in 1897 as Amanda Harris? It would have been a continuation of the Peter Bradford/Vicki Winters thing but it could have been pretty romantic. Charles Delaware Tate is the reincarnation of Bradford, obsessed over his lost love and a vision of this girl; he paints her portrait and brings her to life, etc. Could have been pretty neat.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2002, 04:53:39 AM »
cool idea Chris.  ..

of course I would've really liked to have seen Grayson portray a happenin' hip kinda chick (like she really was) who was also OFFICIAL Mistress of Collinwood. .maybe a gin swillin', Charleston dancin', flapper in the 1920s. . .or the grown up Lenore, Quentin's daughter. . .there's an idea. . .

Julia99

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 10:14:31 PM »
That's a good question!
I would have liked to have seen a PT Time storyline of Liz having a few sons. Also, other characters would include evil clowns, students in school in Collinsport, the caretaker's family, Vicki' evil side, Willie's family, the future descendants of the Leviathan in the 21st Century, Vicki's futre family, more cousins, people who lived in the town.  ;)
Also, I would have liked to have seen a story line of Collinsport being a poor-class, welfare town where evryone owes each other and the banks. [beer] [argue]
LOL
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 05:47:49 AM »
It might have been interesting to see an actual member from the British branch of the family show up in 1970, who looked like Quentin. After all when they showed parallel time there was a Quentin, but he couldn't have been the counterpart to our Quentin because our Quentin was actually from 1897. This guy could have been named Malcom Collins and been really nerdy, but of course he still would have been Very Sexy!  >:D

Misa

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 01:05:23 AM »
I would've loved to see more minority characters on the show.  Imagine someone like Cicely Tyson (who did soaps in the 60s) as a voodo priestess from Martinque with a score to settle against Angelique!  In 1795 there was Ben Stokes, an indentured servant at Collinwood.  How about a free black man working at Collinwood in 1840?  I've always thought that Collinwood may have been a stop on the Underground Railroad......

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 05:51:26 AM »
I would've loved to see more minority characters on the show.  Imagine someone like Cicely Tyson (who did soaps in the 60s) as a voodo priestess from Martinque with a score to settle against Angelique!

Ooo delicious! I just watched the Serpent and the Rainbow tonight and couldn't help thinking how all the voodoo rituals would be fantastic for DS.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 09:02:57 PM »
I would've loved to see more minority characters on the show. 

You remind me of the skit that was done at the 1990 NY Fest, my favorite skit in fact, where the Players showed DS in a more 'realistic' light (more like a regular soap instead of the gothic serial it was) and you arrived on the stage playing a representative of the NAACP and demanded "more black faces on DS!"  ;)  Then you left the stage singing We Shall Overcome!  Too funny!  ;)

Imagine someone like Cicely Tyson (who did soaps in the 60s) as a voodo priestess from Martinque with a score to settle against Angelique!  In 1795 there was Ben Stokes, an indentured servant at Collinwood.  How about a free black man working at Collinwood in 1840? 

Very interesting ideas, both of them.  ;)

I've always thought that Collinwood may have been a stop on the Underground Railroad......

I feel the same way, that's why I made Bramwell and Catherine abolitionists in my book.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"