Author Topic: Bravo Vicky!!  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Bravo Vicky!!
« on: May 04, 2002, 11:05:18 AM »
In today's episode when Roger was talking as if he were Joshua Collins, I found it incredible that Vicky "actually" picked up the telephone to snap him back to reality! I had to applaud her for that one! Im beginning to notice that since her return from the past, she seems to be smartening up, while everyone else around her is losing their minds! [crazd]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Bravo Vicky!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2002, 03:23:29 PM »
There are glimmers of the spunky Vicki now and then, but

SPOILER

She is going to exit during this storyline for good because Alex Moltke got pregnant and was released from her contract before they could come up with a ROSEMARY'S BABY-type storyline for her.

Love, Robin

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 06:28:35 PM »
There are glimmers of the spunky Vicki now and then, but

SPOILER

She is going to exit during this storyline for good because Alex Moltke got pregnant and was released from her contract before they could come up with a ROSEMARY'S BABY-type storyline for her.

Love, Robin

I know Ms. Moltke very much wanted to play a villain-type character. The pregnancy gave her an out without any dispute. Somehow, I just cannot see her exposing a dark side (corrupting Victoria) and making it believable.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2002, 07:05:16 PM »
On Victoria being a tad smarter...I've always thought of her having being smart (If the stuff that has been 'revealed' to her but has not been processed by her had been given to another character instead, they probably would've reacted the same way since it's all in the writing). But she was acting smarter then usual today. I mean Elizabeth had to slap Roger before he came back, all Victoria had to do was lift up a phone.

On A. Moltke wanting to be a villian, I don't see why they couldn't have worked that in. They could've kept the ingenuine Victoria while maybe having a Jeckyl/Hyde type thing happen to her with something like a curse causing her to do that.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Maybe Cassandra (a.k.a Angelique) would've been able to do that since she still wants Barnabas and Barnabas wants Victoria..

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 10:36:27 PM »

I know Ms. Moltke very much wanted to play a villan-type character. The pregnancy gave her an out without any dispute. Somehow, I just cannot see her exposing a dark side (corrupting Victoria) and making it believable.

I agree VAM, it's just hard to imagine a villianous side to Vicki.  Still, with the 1897 storyline approaching around the time of Moltke's departure, it's too bad Curtis couldn't have promised her the chance to play an evil character.  Perhaps that would have persuaded her to stay with the series, and given us the chance to see her stretch her acting muscles.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2002, 11:23:32 PM »
In today's episode when Roger was talking as if he were Joshua Collins, I found it incredible that Vicky "actually" picked up the telephone to snap him back to reality! I had to applaud her for that one! Im beginning to notice that since her return from the past, she seems to be smartening up, while everyone else around her is losing their minds! [crazd]

stick around longer she'll start acting goofy aginn!

jennifer
s
p
o
i
l
r
e
r

she takes up with Jeff(don't call me Peter)

having a mint julep for derby day!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2002, 11:24:28 PM »

On A. Moltke wanting to be a villian, I don't see why they couldn't have worked that in. They could've kept the ingenuine Victoria while maybe having a Jeckyl/Hyde type thing happen to her with something like a curse causing her to do that.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Maybe Cassandra (a.k.a Angelique) would've been able to do that since she still wants Barnabas and Barnabas wants Victoria..

I was thinking of the exact same thing. Angelique could've possessed Vicky in some way. Say perhaps as Barnabas was about to whisper sweet nothings into her ear....Vicky could say something that only Angelique would know (....like some lament about Martinique?)......Angelique could've harrassed Barnabas through Vicky, where he would be most vulnerable. I bet Molke could've really done that one great!

Anyone up to writing some fan fic about it???  ;)
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2002, 11:40:32 PM »
, it's just hard to imagine a villianous side to Vicki.  Still, with the 1897 storyline approaching around the time of Moltke's departure, it's too bad Curtis couldn't have promised her the chance to play an evil character.  Perhaps that would have persuaded her to stay with the series, and given us the chance to see her stretch her acting muscles.

I couldn't imagine Joe playing an evil character either, but he sure did a great job with the Nathan Forbes thing. I think it's because we've never seen her "bad" side, so it's hard for us to imagine her this way. I agree MikeS, it would have been great to see Vicky be able to stretch her wings. Who knows? She might have worse than Angelique! (although for the life of me, I can't imagine it)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2002, 12:37:59 AM »
ROBINV ascribed:

Sheesh, that movie still creeps me out! Ahhhhh! Did people really think that DS was like satanic? Or that it was really a cult-type thing?  I can't imagine that, watching it now. Weird..... 2 bad Vicki never got 2 go "bad." I guess in the beginning she was "bad" cuz she was seeing Burke -- but so was Carolyn....of course, she was *supposed* 2 b bad....then she turned good ():-) LOL

Someone once said AM got pregnant *because* her char was so ditzy and she wanted 2 get out of playing it. LMAO! I thought that was hilarious, altho kinda mean. Poor Vicki!
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2002, 01:54:15 AM »

I was thinking of the exact same thing. Angelique could've possessed Vicky in some way. Say perhaps as Barnabas was about to whisper sweet nothings into her ear....Vicky could say something that only Angelique would know (....like some lament about Martinique?)......Angelique could've harrassed Barnabas through Vicky, where he would be most vulnerable. I bet Molke could've really done that one great!

Anyone up to writing some fan fic about it???  ;)

AAAH! Sounds like the perfect project...We could title it VICKIE'S VENOM!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2002, 01:58:33 AM »
I sincerely hope that Ms. Moltke didn't get pregnant just so she could get out of her contract, but I suppose that even though she would deny it, it might very well have been in her subconscious.  She was newly married and I imagine she and her husband wanted to start a family anyway.  

Her baby boy (Adam--yes, Adam!) was born on DS' 2nd anniversary, June 27th, 1968, both facts which make me smile.  

As for playing a villain, I think Alex Moltke would have been fine at it.  As someone pointed out, we never did get to see her bad side, but even the actress herself insisted she had one--and I bet she would have enjoyed releasing it.  Perhaps she could have had an evil, slutty twin!  They would have been able to work the pregnancy into the storyline with Vicki's twin sister coming to Collinwood, not sure who the baby's father is. Liz was both girls' mother,of course, but didn't KNOW she'd given birth to twins!  Imagine the soap opera consequences then!

The mind boggles.

Love, Robin

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2002, 02:47:15 AM »
John Karlen and his wife had a son named Adam also....2 years prior, I believe.....Was there something in the water? [hdscrt]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2002, 04:06:05 AM »
 Her baby boy (Adam--yes, Adam!) was born on DS' 2nd anniversary, June 27th, 1968, both facts which make me smile.

You mean.....we are LESS than two years into the show? I have a hard time grasping the time concept when we watch two shows to the original one. But it seems like we've been watching a long time since we saw the first one.

And I had been thinking differently than everyone else (what's new?), other than the phone grab, I was thinking time travel had mushed the Vickster's brain even more than usual! I don't blame her for wanting to bail. I hate to see a character change to the point of not being realistic, but a possession theme would have worked. Or even better, I would have loved to see A.M. play Roxanne or Crazy Jenny. I can't even say whether she would have been any good, since we never saw any range in Vicky. But I am assuming that was not HER fault.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Thom

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2002, 04:17:05 AM »
Hi guys I haven't posted in a while but still ove the reruns of Shadows. Anyway, Alex Isles's son Adam was born on DS' THIRD anniversary. She was with the show through December of 1968, then replaced with Besty Durkin. I saw an interview tihe Alex in an old fanzine called The World of Dark Shadows - she still watched the show while she was pregnant but she was fed up with how stupid Vicki had become. She was interviewed in a Saturday Eveing Post article on DS in 1968 where she complained how stupid Vicki had bceome - it was ovboisu to her that Barn/Julia were now the main characters and Vicki was pushed to the sidelines. I  loved her as Vicki - she had such 'spunk in the beginning and the story was naturally around her. I think Vicki should have found out about Barnababas in the past - ti was what was promised in the preview s before 1795 - Vicotria Winters DISCOCERS the secret of the Chained Coffin - but she never really did. SPOILER>>>>

WHen Durkin's Vicki is attacked by vampire Tom Jenninsg, Barnie saves her and she tells her about vampires. She is shocked - she never believed such things existed!!! Guess she really forgot her bite marks after Barnie was cured!!

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2002, 06:16:59 AM »
I found it pretty perplexng that DC and co. refused to write AM another role as Victoria has already become dead weight on the show.  She never struck me as the most inept actress, and I think she improved as the show went on (could just be the weakness of the role I guess).  I think she said in that Post article, "All I do is stand around saying, 'I don't understand,' "  and she pretty much hit the nail on the head.  IMO, a "Dark Vicki"  type sub-plotline would have been entertaining
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...