Author Topic: #0202/0203: Robservations 10/12/01: Another Boarder at Collinwood  (Read 1539 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Episode #202 - Willie sits at the bar in the Blue Whale. People are dancing the odd dances we used to do back then, shakin' their groove thangs. Willie orders a beer. Maggie enters, looking around. Willie likes what he sees and his eyes follow her. She sits down at a table. Willie tells the bartender he wants to buy Maggie a drink, and the bartender passes on the offer to Maggie. She shakes her head, and the bartender relays that to Willie, who, annoyed, tells him a good bartender would have just served the drink and not asked questions. Willie grabs his beer and goes over to Maggie's table. You hurt my feelings, he tells her, I just wanted to buy you a drink--that's the reason people come to a place like this. Sorry, but I'm waiting for someone, she says. Until that someone shows up, I want to buy you a drink, he says. She'd rather not, she says, she doesn't know him. He sets his beer down on her table and says she'll get the chance to know him--right now. Hey, don't sit down here, says Maggie. Listen, speedball, he says, no one tells me where to sit--and not to sit, he says, not budging.

Willie admits he may have been a little pushy, but he wanted someone to talk to. There are other people here, she points out, but he says who is he supposed to talk to, the bartender? Have a drink with me, he wheedles. She told him, she doesn't want one. Petulantly, he asks if she doesn't think he can afford it. He has plenty of money, he boasts. She's sure he does, she answers coolly. He can buy a drink for everyone in this bar! Says Willie. Why don't you? she asks, not looking at him. If I do, will you have a drink with me, he asks. She says she's expecting someone any minute, she says, growing annoyed. He tells her she isn't a friendly girl, is she? No, says Maggie. That can be changed, he says. She prefers to keep it that way. This whole town is unfriendly, complains Willie, I come thousands of miles, and this is the type of greeting I get. If you'd sent us a card, we'd have hung a banner--will you please leave me alone? retorts Maggie. He grins--she you think you're pretty swift, do you--I know your kind, he says. I doubt it, says Maggie. I know all kinds of women, boasts Willie. Maggie says she's sure he does. The more I can see of this town, it's not famous for its women (way to cozy up, Willie!)
Why did you come here, then? she asks. Because...Willie says, the travel brochure said it was picturesque, and I came from South America to little, sunny--what's the name of this burg, anyway. Rio de Janeiro, says Maggie sarcastically. He smiles, then says Collinsport is what it's called. He puts his hand on hers and tells her he's really beginning to dig her. Joe comes in and Maggie is relieved to see him. He asks if she's been waiting long, and Willie answers that she sure has, he shouldn't keep a little girl like this waiting so long. That's what she tells me, jokes Joe. Maggie says she's introduce him, pointing to Willie, but doesn't know his name. Willie says he doesn't know if he wants to be introduced to a man who'd stand up a young lady like Maggie. Some people need manners. Maggie tells Joe to sit down and he does. "You're going to sit with us?" asks Willie. That's right, says Joe. We were having an interesting conversation, says Willie coldly, not only were you late, but you're interrupting us. Maggie told him she was expecting someone. He knows what she said, says Willie, but this is the first come, first served generation. (I never heard it described that way!), and I was the first--what do you think about that? Not too much, says Joe, his face angry. Why don't you take a little walk over to the bar until we're finished, suggests Willie--that is, if we finish. (What nerve!) We're finished, says Maggie, her hand in Joe's. Not me, says Willie. She thanks him for keeping her company, but her date is here now. So you're going to drop me, just like that--well, I'm not ready to be dropped, says a pissed-off Willie. Maggie suggests to Joe they move to another table, and Willie threatens to follow them. Joe stands, saying he doesn't think Willie will do that. Willie is pointing a finger at Joe. You gonna stop me? he asks. I am, says Joe. Willie rises, too, and drawls well, now, lets see.

Willie tells Joe he's talking pretty big for a man who works in a third-rate seaport. Joe responds he can back up everything he says any kind of action you're looking for. Maggie rises, too, and suggests Joe ignore him, but Joe says he's getting tired of guys who come in thinking they can push everyone around. I don't think it, I know it, says Willie. Where did you get that outfit you're wearing? asks Willie, taking a swipe at Joe's jacket--you some kind of sailor? Yeah, what of it, says Joe. What do you ship out on, those barges out there in the harbor? Asks Willie, cruising for a fight. No, says Joe, I'm on the Bon Homme Richard under Captain John Paul Jones. That's the kind of answer I expect from a guy looking for trouble, says Willie.
Willie! Shouts Jason from the door. Willie crosses his arms over his chest as Jason comes over. What's the matter? Asks Jason. Nothing I can't handle myself, says Willie. These people are friends of mine, Jason informs him, so forget it, whatever it was--you understand? Sure, says Willie. Jason says he means it. OK, says Willie. Jason hustles him over to another table, saying he'll be with him in a moment. It would have been easy, Willie warns Joe. Jason orders a round of drinks for everyone in the bar. Jason apologizes to Joe and Maggie, apologizing for his friend. Can't he do that himself? asks Joe. Jason admits he's a little hot-headed, but a nice lad when you get to know him. Maggie doesn't want to get to know him, and Jason says he will see to it he never bothers him again. Sit down, enjoy yourselves, the bartender will bring you anything you like! Joe and Maggie sit back down and Maggie thanks him for breaking it up. My fault for not being on time, says Jason--sorry again. He leaves them. A strange pair, remarks Maggie, one downright charming, the other... a creep, finishes Joe, and she grins and says that's just the word she was looking for. Joe wonders what they're doing in town, but Maggie neither knows nor cares--forget them--what's it like to serve under John Paul Jones? Inspirational, says Joe, little tough to get used to the three-cornered hat. Joe asks why her father isn't here, and she says he won't be here tonight. Joe says he'll be mad he missed a free round of drinks. He's at home, says Maggie, the art dealer is pushing him for more paintings. Joe suggests they drink to their friend's arrival. She prefers they drink to themselves. To us, toasts Joe, and they smile at each other over the rims of their glasses.

At the bar, Jason calls Willie a fool, demanding to know what's the matter with him. Willie asks about Collinwood--he wants to move in there, he says, looking seriously at Jason before taking a toke of his cigarette. You're not only a fool, but out of your mind, says Jason, the time isn't right. You said we were going to stick together, says Willie, but you living at that house and me in that crummy room isn't sticking together. Slicking together means you do exactly as I say, insists Jason, obey my instructions--you agreed to that. I didn't know it was going to be so one-sided, bitches Willie. Jason asks what he's talking about. Willie says he doesn't remember seeing him pack his suit in his seabag. He points to Jason's new suit. I only just got it, the only thing I've been able to get so far, says Jason. Willie asks what he's gotten him. Jason says to remember it's the future he's thinking about. Sure, the future, says Willie, if I stay here long enough, I can collect Social Security! The trouble with you is, says Jason, you're too used to going into a place, stuffing your pockets, then running out. Willie says at least it's in your pockets. Jason told him this would be different. It's different, all right, agrees Willie, I've got nothing. He shows him the last of his cash, taking it from his pocket, complaining it's all he's got. Put that away, says Jason. Don't get so nervous, says Willie, it's just enough for the tip. Here, says Jason, slapping some money down on the bar, that should tide you over for a while. Jason goes over and puts a dime in the jukebox. Willie joins him, saying it won't last him 10 minutes. You've got to make it last longer, as long as is necessary, says Jason, I want you to stay put. You're staying up there, why can't I? asks Willie. Because, says Jason, it isn't the time yet, they aren't ready for you, they've just gotten used to me--if I bring you there, it will spoil the whole thing! You can do it if you tried, says Willie. Jason tells him he's had this in the works for 18 years, and won't spoil it for a matter of days--he's waited for things before, he can wait again. Jason returns to the bar, and Willie sits next to him. You made me promises, says Willie, said everything would be great, easy life, Willie could have everything he wanted--but what has he seen?--just that new suit Jason is wearing. Well what do you want--the tops or the bottoms? Asks Jason (LOL!)  You know what I'm talking about, says Willie. Jason asks if he wants to leave? Yeah, he could leave now, says Willie. Just get on the next bus and go somewhere you think you can do better, says Jason--make up your mind, Willie. I've come this far, I'll go all the way, agrees Willie. Jason says that means doing exactly as he says, and follow his instructions--this is HIS caper, not Willie's, he's along for a free ride, but can't get on until Jason says so--is that clear? Yeah, says Willie. Jason means it, and he's still not convinced. Willie asks him for a stack of bibles to swear on. Don't make me laugh, says Jason. My word isn't good anymore? asks Willie. Jason tells him if his word were any good, they wouldn't be friends
--and they laugh together. Jason claps him on the back and says now he thinks they understand each other again. Willie wipes his nose with the back of his hand and says they always have. All right, says Jason--they'll use his brains, and Willie can save his brawn for something else. Don't worry about saving my brawn, says Willie, I've got plenty, but since they're using Jason's brains, how about thinking up some money.

Jason is in the study, enjoying a fine cigar. He looks out at the storm, his hands behind his back, and surveys the room, then sits down, very pleased with himself as he blows smoke out of his mouth. Carolyn enters and he says to come in--he was just lighting up this excellent cigar. Uncle Roger's favorite, says Carolyn. Jason says he must send Roger some cigars next time he's in Manila, they grow the filler portion there, but the wrapping comes from Sumatra, they have a way of combining the two for a great cigar--try one? He suggest to Carolyn. They really aren't her thing, she says--he's very interested in these kind of things, isn't he? Yes, he says, it's these kind of things that give life that extra little zest, things like these that make you say life is worth living, so squeeze every ounce out of it that you can. That's your whole philosophy, she says. You may quote me, Jason replies. She gives him a look, then says she wants to ask him something. They sit down. She never got to know her father, she says, and always wondered what he was like, she's seen photos and used to ask questions, but never got any answers, so she gave up asking. Jason understands why she got no answers. She grew up knowing very little about him, says Carolyn, except the bad part--you knew him, spent time with him. And you want me to tell you all about him, says Jason. If you would, she says. He wants to tell her about the other side of him--he last saw him 18 years ago, as Liz had, but has no idea where he is now. What was he like? Asks Carolyn softly. Maybe if I could tell you about his laugh--he would laugh loud, the hardest of anyone, until tears fell down his cheeks--he was the kind of man other men liked, and as you probably know, women liked him a great deal more. Carolyn doesn't like that part. I was really shocked when he married your mother, says Jason, oh, they made a handsome couple, him with his charm, her with her great beauty. He wasn't a man for marriage, had no idea what permanent meant. Carolyn looks sad. He was always under full sail, says Jason, the horizon far more attractive than any woman could ever be. Is that when he left my mother? Asks Carolyn. He can't say for sure, explains Jason, because Paul never talked to him about it--that's the kind of man he was--Paul Stoddard and I were very much alike. (!) Carolyn thanks him for telling her about him--she really appreciates it. If she wants to hear more, there are stories he could tell. I'll let you know, says Carolyn, and leaves the study.

Carolyn comes out through the door under the landing in the foyer and is about to go upstairs when someone knocks at the door. When no one else comes to answer, Carolyn opens the door. It's Willie, seabag flung over his shoulder, looking for a friend who is living here--Jason McGuire. Is he expecting you? asks Carolyn. Yes, just tell him Willie Lomis (that's how he pronounced it) is here. Hey, there he is! says Willie, going over to Jason, who has the cigar in his mouth. Hi, Jason, he says. Hello, Willie, says Jason. Willie tells him he's decided to accept his invitation.
Willie smiles, and Jason looks absolutely furious that Willie lied to him

NOTES: Loved the comment that Jason and Paul are alike, considering we know that both are portrayed by the same actor, this is an ironic line of dialogue.

Willie is a troublemaker, a liar and a very poor womanizer. Loved Maggie's clipped responses to his advances. He sure wanted a fight, and I'm sure Joe would have given him a good one. What the heck is a speedball? I know what was back then, but why refer to Maggie that way?

Jason seemed to want to hurt Carolyn with what he had to say about her father. There was nothing positive, except the man had a great laugh. That really didn't tell Carolyn anything she wanted to hear about her father. Jason could have told her more positive stories. Now Willie has come to Collinwood, determined to live the high life he assumes Jason is living. Soon, Willie will unleash a very powerful force on Collinwood--and DARK SHADOWS. Thank God the actor we're seeing how will shortly be replaced by John Karlen.

Episode #203 - Jason leads Willie into the drawing room and demands to know what he's doing here. I've decided to accept your kind invitation, smirks Willie. Why did you have to say that in front of Carolyn? Asks Jason angrily. That's her name, says Willie, not half bad. Jason told him not to come here, but Willie says he knows that, but he figured he could help Jason. There's nothing you can do to help, says Jason, but you can ruin everything. You worry too much, says Willie. Yes, says Jason, I worry about you, and I'll tell you frankly I don't think this is the right place for you to be. We're buddies and sticking together, Willie reminds him, we've been through a lot. I've got a good deal going on here, says Jason, and I don't intend to blow it--so pick up your seabag and go back to your room! He opens the doors. I couldn't pay my rent, says Willie, the landlord got snobby, so I had to give him a little push--and he got evicted from his room. You have to go somewhere else, insists Jason. Do you have the dough to pay for my rent, asks Willie. No, says Jason.
Willie closes the doors and says he's staying right heah (that's how he pronounced it), then tells Jason, "You aren't going to evict me, are you?"

Willie looks around, saying he's never been in a place like this--he'd like to meet them--pictures and everything!--do people really live here? Yes, says Jason, the kind of people you've never met. The kind of people who never met anyone like you. Willie scratches himself, saying it won't be the first time. Jason tells him they won't take his staying here. Well, says Willie, they'll have to get used to it. This is a place like you say it was going to be, it's what it is, a place of easy living--I've been taking kicks all my life through all these years, and this time no more--I do the kicking! That point of view will get you kicked right out of here! warns Jason. No it won't, says Willie, because you'll fix it, and I'll be quiet as a mouse. Can't you get it through your thick head--they'll never accept you! says Jason. Willie says he'll leave that up to Jason--you can talk to anybody into anything. Not this, says Jason. Sure you can, says Willie, you told me you had something on the woman who owned this house, they'd give you the key to it. Yes, says Jason, and I've almost got it, bringing you here now will blow the deal. You can handle it, insists Willie, you've got a talent for it. It won't work, says Jason. Be a little reckless, suggests Willie, because if you don't, you might lose everything--if I feel you're beginning to cut me out, I'll see to it that you don't get anything. And I've asked myself, says Jason ironically, if I did the right thing bringing you into this. You got your answer, didn't you? asks Willie. Yes, says Jason, annoyed that HE is now being blackmailed. Book me a room here, says Willie. All right, says Jason, but if you blow this deal on me, it will be the last mistake you ever get a chance to make. You worry too much, says Willie. Jason decides to work it through Mrs. Johnson, the woman who works here--Willie must give her a little blarney. He's got plenty of that, says Willie. Jason says he'll go get her--and Willie is not to touch anything! Would I do something like that--as a guest of the house? asks Willie. Jason leaves. Willie immediately picks something off the desk and looks at it.

Out in the foyer, Jason greets Mrs. Johnson, who is coming downstairs. He thanks her for the wonderful job she's done on his shirts. She says he's welcome. They're so much easier to wear, unstarched, he says. Personally, says Mrs. J, I like a starched shirt. Not if you have to wear one, says Jason. Not much chance of that, she says. He tells her he has some old shirts. The ones with the frayed collar? She asks. How very observant of you, he says--he's been wanting to get rid of them, does she know of a charity or some worthy cause in town that she might give them to? Yes, there is, she says, and that's very nice of you--just put those things you want to give away on the chair in your room and I'll take care of it tomorrow. He's been wanting to get rid of them for some time, but they're his old things and his good ones were stolen from him in Panama. That's too bad, she says. That's the way life is, he says. Jason says she's so efficient, he's sure she's already taken care of it. What? she asks. The extra room Mrs. Stoddard told you to prepare, he says. Mrs. Johnson doesn't know about it. Jason feigns surprise, saying it must have slipped her mind. Who is it for? Asks Mrs. J, do you have another guest? Yes, and he's waiting in the next room, says Jason. In that case, she says, I'd better check with Mrs. Stodddard--and she heads off to do so.

Jason stops her. You don't doubt my work, do you? he asks. No, she says. Then why do you have to ask Mrs. Stoddard? Because she's my employer, says Mrs. J. I've already checked with her, and she's given her approval, continues Jason, it just must have slipped her mind. Mrs. J asks when she knew about this? He mentioned it to her a few days ago, Jason says. Mrs. Stoddard isn't the kind of person to forget such a thing, says Jason. Yes, but you must remember, she's been very ill, and a lot of pressure on her, he says. He asks her to prepare the room and he'll remind Liz himself. He wants Mrs. J to meet the very nice fellow. She isn't sure, but goes along with Jason.

In the drawing room, Willie is checking the mail. He quickly moves away when Jason comes in to introduce Willie to Mrs. Johnson. Is this the woman you were telling me about? asks Willie, heartily shaking her hand, telling her Jason has said so many nice things about her. She's pleased and smiles. Jason has been telling her about the way she cooks--an apple pie, hot, that thick, with a slice of cheddar cheese on top. My favorite! exclaims Willie, wishing he could get a piece of it, and Mrs. Johnson smiles modestly and says there isn't even a piece of crust left
--Jason saw to that. When I like something or somebody, says Jason, I always come right out with it. Willie comments that he's sure Mr. Johnson is a very happy man. She's a widow, she says. Jason apologizes, and Willie says he shouldn't have said it. I'm used to it, she says, my husband was a man of the sea, too. I'm sure we all have something in common, says Jason, smiling his ass off. She understands us, says Willie. Mrs. J says she knows what it means to come home, to a sailor. Jason says he bets homecoming was a great thing for her husband, all those pies to look forward to--and herself. It was a good times, she says mistily. Willie asks if his room is ready yet. Jason chides him--Mrs. Johnson was just about to get it ready--the one next to mine, if possible, and he'll tell Liz himself. All right, says Mrs. J, it will take a few minutes. Jason thanks her and Willie says he appreciates it. Mrs. Johnson tells Willie she's pleased to meet him, and he says it right back. Mrs. J goes and Jason closes the double doors. Willie asks if she really is a good cook, and Jason says she's atrocious, she burns everything to death. They really charmed her, says Willie, she can't wait to fix up the room. Jason doesn't think that means anything, she doesn't own the house--he still has to face Liz Stoddard, he says, his face set with determination.

Ms. Johnson, sheets and pillowcases in her arms, listens for a moment at the drawing room door, then heads upstairs. She meets Liz on the stairs and assures her she's taken care of everything. Liz asks what she's talking about, and Mrs. J says she's making up the room next to Mr. McGuire's--Liz forgot to tell her. About what? asks Liz. About Mr. Loomis coming, says Mrs. J, a friend of Mr. McGuire's I'm making up the room for him. He's staying here? asks Liz. Mrs. J is taken aback, she was going to ask her, but Mr. McGuire said he told her and she said it was OK, if it's not true, she won't make up the room, Mr. McGuire is a very persuasive person. Seeing the look on Liz' face, Mrs. Johnson timidly asks, "Should I make up the room?"

Jason tells Willie that he'll take him up to his room now, before anyone else sees him. Yeah, you can tuck me in, too, remarks Willie, grinning, holding his seabag, laughing. Jason opens the doors and finds Liz standing there--she wants to speak to him. Jason introduces Liz to Willie, but she ignores the latter and angrily tells Jason she must speak to him right now. She enters the room and Jason sends Willie to the study down the hall--he'll meet him there later. Liz asks Jason to close the doors. Sure, he says. She asks who Willie is, and Jason tells her Willie is to him what her husband was--his best friend. What's he doing here? she ask. Passing through, he says. The same way YOU'RE passing through? Asks Liz. Jason feigns ignorance. Don't play games with me, she says haughtily, I want to know what's going on. Didn't I mention it to you the other day? he asks. No, she says. Willie just stopped by, says Jason, and I took it upon myself to ask him to stay--I assumed it would be perfectly all right with you. How dare you assume what I might and might not do! she says. Simple hospitality, says Jason. Well, says Liz, I don't want him here. Jason asks to let him stay overnight and they'll work it out in the morning. Liz insists there's nothing to work out, send him on his way! She walks away from him, angry. Liz, I want him to stay, says Jason. YOU want? Asks Liz. "I want," says Jason. You have nothing to say about it, says Liz. Jason asks, "Don't I?" No, she says. Jason wishes she'd invite him to stay. Impossible, she says. Invite him to stay before I insist on it, says Jason--use a little common sense, because I might be very disturbed if my friend were not permitted to stay. Liz says she isn't interested in his problem. Get interested, advises Jason, because my problems are your problems. Liz wishes you'd leave with your friend. Now, says Jason, is that any way to talk--you know that I'm here and staying, and I should think by now you'd have gotten it through your pretty little head my friend is staying, too! Liz says she won't have it, and he asks why she's being so stubborn. Liz says she can't allow him to take over her house. He's not, he says. You are, but by bit, insists Liz. You're just imagining it, says Jason. Liz says he's doing it!--she's imagining nothing, and wants Willie out of here. All right, let's bring it out into the open, he says, let's go into the basement, to that locked door, and you tell me what I can do and can't do--as we look down at the floor, knowing what's buried under there.
Liz looks repulsed, ashamed, beaten, her fury dissipated. How about the room for my friend? Jason asks.

Willie waits in the study, sitting on the arm of a leather chair, playing with the fire. He picks up things from the mantle, walks around, sits down in the leather chair and laughs happily. He likes this! He snaps his fingers, walks around, looks in a box on the desk. Vicki enters and he greets her. Don't leave, stay, he says. Vicki says she wanted a book. She goes over to the shelf. Willie says nothing is happening around here--you're the governess, right? Right, she says. Your name is Vicki Winters, right? Yes, how did you know, she says. I made a point to, he says, he saw her at the Blue Whale the other night. She doesn't seem at all pleased. He had to know her name. She remembers seeing him there, too. He introduces himself to her as Willie Lomis, saying he isn't easy to forget. Jason's friend, she says. Yes, he says--does she read all these books? Some of them, she says. That's good, says Willie, I can't stand dumb women (!) I think women should know about things. Vicki agrees. He bars her way. Excuse me, she says. He's looking forward to getting to know her, they will be living under the same roof for a while. Are you staying here? she asks, shocked. He grins. Yes, I'm invited, he says, I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other, and I can tell we'll get along just great--you'll like me after you spend some time with me--I don't know if you're going to have time to read books--our rooms might be very close to each other, he says significantly. Vicki excuses herself, and Willie asks her not to go. She's busy! Relax, he says, barring her way again. Let me by, she says. Don't be in such a hurry! He says. I've got to go! She tells him. Tomorrow night, he says, he wants to see her. When Vicki tries seeking an exit in another part of the room, he bars her there, too. He'll show her a real good time, he promises, banging the mantle for emphasis. Will you leave me alone, she demands. He tries to kiss her, and she dodges his advances. Stop acting this way, he commands, still not letting her pass. Stop it! she yells.
Liz enters, ordering Willie to leave her alone. Mrs. Stoddard! says Vicki. Liz tells Willie to get out. Willie is incensed--nothing happened! Liz asks Vicki if she's all right, and Vicki assures her she is. Of course she is, says Willie. Liz asks if he heard her tell him to get out. Nothing happened, maintains Willie. Jason enters and looks at Willie, asking what's the matter. Get him out of here, orders Liz--I found him annoying Vicki. Willie! Says Jason, what did you do? We were just talking, I swear, says Willie, I didn't touch her! Hey, did I touch you? he asks Vicki. Well, she says... Jason insists on knowing, if anything happened here. Vicki admits he didn't actually do anything. Oh, asks Jason, he must have done something to upset Mrs. Stoddard. I was only talking to her, says Willie. That's all? asks Jason. Is that true, he asks Vicki, was he only talking. They were talking, says Vicki. Did he annoy you in any way, asks Jason. I suppose not, says Vicki. Then what's all the fuss about? Jason asks Liz, the girl has no complaint. Liz knows what she saw. Yes, says Jason, but you can't always believe the things we think we see. Jason thinks they should all forget the unpleasantness, and starts to lead Willie away to his room. Jason, begins Liz, then stops. He asks if she wanted to say anything. No, she says. I didn't think you did, says Jason, I'm sorry. Vicki asks Liz who these men are. My guests, says Liz. Vicki doesn't understand. There's nothing to understand, say's a flustered Liz.
Vicki tries again, but Liz, upset, repeats that they are her guests, she invited them, please don't ask anymore questions! Vicki is perturbed.

NOTES: Once again, Willie tries to force his icky attentions on a woman who has no interest. Something tells me the only gals Willie has had in the past are either friends who took pity or hookers. He turned in a better performance here, but I still miss Karlen.

Poor Liz, Jason is just tightening the noose more and more, forcing her to do whatever he wants with the same blackmail threat. It does get tiresome after a while.

Loved the scenes with Mrs. Johnson. They really did put one over on her--and now we have to wonder--is her apple pie any good? She burns everything, according to Jason.

Love, Robin