Poll

Who is your favorite vampire?  Would you want to be bit by this "animal"?  [Explain if that's a yes]

Barnabas Collins
9 (52.9%)
Tom Jennings
1 (5.9%)
Angelique
1 (5.9%)
Dirk Wilkens
0 (0%)
Audrey, the Leviathan vampire
0 (0%)
Megan Todd
1 (5.9%)
Roxanne Drew
1 (5.9%)
Carolyn Stoddard, HODS
1 (5.9%)
T.E. Stokes, HODS
0 (0%)
Roger Collins, HODS
0 (0%)
Someone other than who's on this list. [Explain]
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 02, 2007, 08:07:34 AM

Author Topic: Vampires Rule the Night  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Vampires Rule the Night
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:07:34 AM »
Since this is my first poll, I'm making it simple.  ;D  It's all about vampires: who is your favorite and are you one of those fans who dreams about being bit by that "sexy" vamp?  If not, that's ok, you're probably one of the sane people who just loves DS.  [vampy]

(edited to add Spoiler icon)
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline DSFan008

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires Rule the Night
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:32:43 AM »
definately Miss Drew, she was the best of the vampires.

truly evil, and in complete control of herself

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:21:28 AM »
Barnabas is the best.  He didn't usually take blood to kill. Just to stay alive  :-X
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »
Barnabas is the best.  He didn't usually take blood to kill. Just to stay alive  :-X

I totally agree with this. Barnabas didn't ask to become a vampire, he just became one through a bad twist of fate. He was a reluctant vampire, filled with self-loathing. Even in the black and white episodes before we knew more about what had made him this way, you saw glimpses of how much he loathed what he was.

Runner-up: I loved Angelique as a vampire, I loved the delicious irony that she should suffer the same fate she had condemned Barnabas to. I also love her scenes with Barnabas once she puts the bite into him. Really awesome acting on both Lara's and Jonathan's part.

Tom made a creepy vampire but the scenes between him and Julia never really did anything for me. Whereas Angelique and Barnabas had a long and involving history together, Tom was someone Julia hardly knew. JMO

Dirk made a far more interesting vampire than he did as a human, I have to say! LOL

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
I voted for other, though I liked Tom Jennings as a vampire I would rather see Willie or Quentin as a vampire. For some reason before I started watching DS on the scifi channel in 1996 I "remembered" Quentin as a vampire, but that was a mistaken memory since he was not ever a vampire. I have this image of him in fangs though.

I wrote a story about Willie as a vampire and it was so much fun. I would love to see him or Quentin as a vampire. Would I want to be bitten by either of them? I'm not sure, since I don't really see that as a romantic act. But it might be rather amusing.

Alondra

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »
A new cousin from Transylvania (by way of Broadway) visits Collinwood.  He looks mysteriously like Frank Langella circa 1978...oh sweet mystery of life, YES! I do believe he could put the bite on me! In fact, I would insist on it.  >:D
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 05:17:44 PM »
Tom Jennings, hands down.

My neck isn't the only place I'd want that mouth of his, but we could start there.

Naughty Gothique

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »
My first choice is Barnabas because he's my favorite character, vampire or human. He takes his time, his actions always apologizing for having to do what he must to survive and he does it with sex appeal.  My second choice is Angelique.  Her attraction for Barnabas and control over him is very sexy. She had it coming, to see what Barnabas had been through and develop some empathy.  I'm not sure she learned anything from that.  But she was great.  Tom makes me laugh and Dirk is just vengeful.  I think all the vampires took blood to stay alive, killing being the by-product of the act.  Wasn't it only Dirk who took pleasure in killing because he was revenging Laura. And his methods of killing was by others doing it for him.  He bit people just to control them.  Megan felt free from any restrictions others placed on her.  She was a short-lived vampire anyway.  Roxanne was scary and took her first victim who was the same sex. [spoiler]I never could guess who bit Maggie and thought maybe it was Barnabas. When we found out it was Roxanne, I was fabbergasted.  It was a great surprise![/spoiler] I found that added mystery to the story and rather sexy.  She was a modern vampire from the previous century.  ;)[/color]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
My choice is obvious. None of the others come close to Barnabas, for me. I would keep a cross and stake handy around the rest of them.

I did think Carolyn made a neat vampire in HoDS, and I think Angelique was effective as one. Megan was too short lived.

Tom seems to be popular, but he never appealed to me. I always thought he was too silly to make an attractive vampire.

Alondra - Quentin or Willie as a vampire....that would definitely be interesting.... :)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 08:19:19 PM »
I loved Tom Jennings as a vampire because [spoiler]he chose Julia as his victim, he liked older women lol. He came close to biting Liz one night as he engaged her in the woods but she ran away screaming.[/spoiler]

I loved Angelique's victimization of Barnabas, I felt sorry for him but thought it was very sexy, and a different way for her to get a bit back on him.

Roxanne as a vampire also shocked me the first time I saw it but now I've just watched this part of the story again, [spoiler]her victimizing Maggie out of jealousy was just rotten.[/spoiler]

Megan wasn't a vampire long but it was rather interesting that when [spoiler]she told Barnabas and Julia she didn't want to change, she liked being what she was. Also when Willie staked her, but that had more to do with Willie than her.[/spoiler]

My story with Willie as a vampire occurs during the time Angelique is a vampire. She engages Willie one night, bites him a few times and he dies, rising as a vampire. Guess who his first victim is, for past mistreatment?  ;)

Alondra
[/b]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
I chose a vampire not on DS.  I chose Prince Anton Voytek (as played by SEXY Richard Lynch in the TV movie Vampire).  Now HE was a HOT vampire!   ^-^
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"