Author Topic: Eve's obsession....  (Read 8804 times)

IluvBarnabas

Eve's obsession....
« on: January 27, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »
I am rewatching the storyline with Adam and Eve and I am at the part where she [spoiler]has met Jeff Clark, believes him to be Peter Bradford, and is determined to steal him from Vicki.

Now Eve believes that by proving to Jeff he is really Peter Bradford he'll call off his wedding to Vicki, which he does after she presents him with the letter from Peter Bradford with his writing on it back in 1796.

Eve apparently also believes that once Jeff learns he really IS Peter, he'll stop loving Vicki and start loving her?!

I don't know how she ever came to that conclusion. If anything, I would think that by her proving he's someone who lived two centuries ago, that would make him hate her even more.[/spoiler]

Is Eve just desperate or just plain stupid? I really don't understand her logic in all this.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Eve's obsession....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »
If you were saddled with Adam - especially the Adam at that point in the storyline - wouldn't you be desperate to find a new man?  [wink2]  :D

But seriously, Eve probably believes that because [spoiler]she and Peter were supposedly in love in the past, once Jeff rememberes who he really is, he'll hopefully remember that love. And I don't believe she knows that Peter was also in love with Vicki in the past.[/spoiler]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »
Is Eve just desperate or just plain stupid? I really don't understand her logic in all this.

As far as your question: "Is Eve just desperate or just plain stupid?" Yes on both parts.

It is my understanding that Eve thinks if Jeff knows his Peter, he'll remember his past, and [spoiler]his time with Danielle.  Then he'll remember he loved her once and therefore, forget about Vicki. Fat chance.  Now that's really stupid because in the past while Peter is in the jail cell, he writes Danielle a letter and tells her he will not go off with her because he loves another [Vicki of course]. So why if Jeff remembers his past would he want Eve now!  Eve doesn't even look like Danielle.[/spoiler]She is just desperate.
[/b]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:16:40 PM »
If you were saddled with Adam - especially the Adam at that point in the storyline - wouldn't you be desperate to find a new man?  [wink2]  :D

LOL, Good point, MB!!! [grinb]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:22:35 PM »
Also, Jackie you brought up a great point about Eve not looking the same as she was

[spoiler]when she was Danielle. That would definitely be another strike against Jeff turning to her. And also once Jeff/Peter did remember the past, I'd think he'd also remember she was a cold-blooded murderess, no matter what her motives were, she stuck a knife in a guy's back![/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
[spoiler]once Jeff/Peter did remember the past, I'd think he'd also remember she was a cold-blooded murderess, no matter what her motives were, she stuck a knife in a guy's back![/spoiler]

True. But from Eve/Danielle's POV, that wasn't a bad thing, so she doesn't believe Peter will hold it against her. Twisted logic? Probably. But mostly all DS' characters, particularly the villains, operate out of twisted logic.  ;)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »
Also, Jackie you brought up a great point about Eve not looking the same as she was

[spoiler]when she was Danielle. That would definitely be another strike against Jeff turning to her. And also
once Jeff/Peter did remember the past, I'd think he'd also remember she was a cold-blooded murderess, no matter what her motives were, she stuck a knife in a guy's back![/spoiler]

Yeah Eve wasn't thinking on all cylinders but then after having 1000 gigabytes flow through your head, your brain's bound to have some "holes".  [smiley_shaking2]

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 01:48:14 AM »
And while we're on the subject of Eve, what was up with her silky black evening lounge wear?? Not exactly the thing to go traipsing around the woods in during Fall in Maine... or when you're hitching a ride from Collinwood back to Nicholas' house by the sea.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 02:13:46 AM »
And while we're on the subject of Eve, what was up with her silky black evening lounge wear?? Not exactly the thing to go traipsing around the woods in during Fall in Maine... or when you're hitching a ride from Collinwood back to Nicholas' house by the sea.
Heh, I thought it was awfully thoughtful of Julia, once she finished stitching the old girl up to make sure she was fully dressed and perfectly made up. (I wonder if she just used the dress one of the bodies Willie dug up had on?)
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 04:12:55 AM »

I'll never understand that either! [shaking head]  Marie Wallace was [still is] a very beautiful woman but a man-made woman like Eve doesn't need a silk dress to wear on her "birth" day.  Did she ever take it off or was it sown on her?  And that green sweater Carolyn gave Adam, he never took that off either!  Whoops, sorry to get off the topic of Eve.  Just thinking about Eve's dress in the dead of winter makes me cold.  [shockeyes]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 04:34:28 AM »
I personally never got that storyline. It seemed like a GIANT waste of time to me. I mean, it's stupid for the valid points brought up:

1. Peter/Jeff was in love with Vicki, no matter which person he was.

2. Eve looks NOTHING like Danielle, so why would he instantly fall in love with her again? Why would he even believe her in the first place? Just proving to him that he's really Peter and not Jeff wouldn't make him automatically believe that she's Danielle.

3. Peter wrote her that letter saying that he was in love with someone else.

4. He had to know how evil and nasty she was!

Such a waste of time. The entire story...
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 04:58:46 AM »
I liked the parts of the Adam storyline where they had to deal with a "child" in a man's body.  I thought Robert Rodan do a great job being that "innocent" child, learning to talk and comprehend a world all new and wondrous.  But his world was also filled with what seemed like cruel and confusing people.

For me, it fell apart with the introduction of Eve.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 05:04:15 AM »
1. Peter/Jeff was in love with Vicki, no matter which person he was.
Why should Eve accept that reasoning any more than Angelique accepted the "Barnabas is in love with Josette" reasoning?

2. Eve looks NOTHING like Danielle, so why would he instantly fall in love with her again? Why would he even believe her in the first place? Just proving to him that he's really Peter and not Jeff wouldn't make him automatically believe that she's Danielle.
Eve may not look like Danielle, but her soul is the same.  And she believes that Peter is her soulmate.  As for Jeff believing her....she's working on that.

3. Peter wrote her that letter saying that he was in love with someone else.
Too bad.  Peter and Eve are soulmates.  They belong together.  And so on.  Peter just needs to be brought to his senses.  She's working on it.

4. He had to know how evil and nasty she was!
She wasn't evil and nasty.  She was just pragmatic.  Just ask her!

My problem with that storyline is that it just seems so completely unlikely to start with.  Peter was a nobody, living in a nothing town, so what would Danielle see in him?  That, in fact, was what I liked about the Vicky/Peter story:  Peter's a nobody who becomes somebody.  But the Eve business just wrecks all that.

PS:  Brandon, I hope I didn't come across as overly harsh.  I didn't mean to be, but it can happen when I get opinionated.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 05:08:12 AM »
And that green sweater Carolyn gave Adam, he never took that off either!

How quickly you forget Adam's PJs:

And the plaid shirt:

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 05:47:04 PM »

Adam's not so bad. I liked him until Nicholas got a hold of him. While he was under Professor Stokes' influence he was becoming a nice guy. Enter Nicholas and all that changed, he became a jerk. He wasn't bad looking other than the scars. Give me Adam any day over Jeff Clark or any other Roger Davis character.

Alondra