Author Topic: Eve's obsession....  (Read 8803 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Eve's obsession....
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2007, 05:12:08 AM »
Actually, Nicholas had about three suits.  One was light grey, another was a darker grey, and then he had another which was light brown, which he looked especially handsome in by the way.

He did?! Apparently I need to pay much closer attention the next time I watch the '68 storyline because they've all looked nearly identical to me for all these years...

Offline Elizabeth47

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 05:16:04 AM »
HAA is the only person that could have played Nicholas Blair.  The chemestry was great with a lot of the actors it seamed so real. GH, MW, LP did put out fireworks when working with HAA.  That is the only thing that I liked about 1968 story line was not the story, but the fireworks with all the actors. Besides the flubbed lines, you can see that the actors really got along.

Yes, when you watch Humbert in a scene, notice how "connected" he is with the other actors. By this I mean, he doesn't stay in his own space, isolated like some actors do, he has great eye contact, and usually he will touch the other actor in some way, like putting a hand on their shoulder, or with the ladies, taking their hand in his, that type of thing.   I think this technique makes him a more exciting actor to watch, and gives him that, shall I say, sensuality.  Also of course he has an amazing powerful voice (as does Jonathan Frid).

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2007, 05:26:45 AM »
Welcome, Elizabeth47!  Nice HAA tribute website.  :D

BTW, text must appear between the 2 color tags for them to work (you might find the posting section of the Help pages, er, helpful for using board codes; also the topics on the Testing 1, 2, 3 board), though black doesn't show up well with the current default board theme.  :)

Offline Elizabeth47

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2007, 05:33:30 AM »
He did?! Apparently I need to pay much closer attention the next time I watch the '68 storyline because they've all looked nearly identical to me for all these years...

Well, when it comes to Astredo, I pay very close attention  ;)   You will see the light brown suit in the episodes that follow the scene where Nicholas get's into trouble with the "D" man downstairs.  The change is subtle, but it's there.   

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2007, 06:47:19 AM »
Well, when it comes to Astredo, I pay very close attention  ;)

Indeed you do because to my memory all he ever wore was this gray suit (seen here in Ep #629 (in the scene with Diabolos), Ep #630 (in a scene with Barnabas), and Ep #631 (in a scene with Chris):

But lo and behold he wore a darker gray for his "marriage ceremony" with Maggie in Ep #632:

You will see the light brown suit in the episodes that follow the scene where Nicholas get's into trouble with the "D" man downstairs.

But if you can see a brown tint to any of those, you have a much more perceptive eye (or a better TV screen and/or computer monitor) than I.  ;)  Even the suit Nicholas wears in Ep #633_634, his last in the '68 storyline, appears to be the same one he wore in the previous episode to me (though the lighting for that show makes it appear gray, blue and even green):

Did we ever see the darker gray suit before Ep #632?

The next thing we know, a very devoted Robert Rodan fan will become a member and tell us that Adam didn't really wear the same green sweater in all those episodes after all. And if so, that would be a huge shock!  :D

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2007, 03:54:19 PM »
BTW, text must appear between the 2 color tags for them to work ... though black doesn't show up well with the current default board theme.  :)

I use the accessibility features, which create a black background with white letters (as well as blowing up print to about a centimeter high), though some graphics and print show up in color.    Message boards which have their thread titles in dark colors result in an unreadable and almost invisible list of threads, for me.    They'll be dark blue or something, against a black background.

All print within a post here seems to be showing up well.    Maybe a dark color would always appear white for me.    I just thought I'd throw that in as a possible thing to factor in, though.     E47, if you'd succeeded in getting black print, I might not even have been able to see it.    I'm just one person though.

By the way, if you're bored out of your skull, try turning on your accessibility features to the way I have them, high contrast, white-on-black, Windows extra large.   It was pretty psychadelic for me when the new graphics kicked in.    Be sure tro click on "full screen" under "View" though, or there won't be enough room on the screen to see anything much.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2007, 11:00:27 PM »
Welcome, Elizabeth47! You're going to have a lot of fun here.  :)

INHO, Marie Wallace gave Eve a very chilling nature. She was cold, and creepy, it's no wonder Adam turned out so unlikeable. You would to if you had to go out with Eve!  ;D
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"