Author Topic: That Old Man!  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
That Old Man!
« on: May 03, 2002, 06:32:04 AM »
Did anyone howl withlaughter when Tony Petersen called Barnabas "that old man" the other day! I laughed out loud. . Everyone on the Boards (here and elsewhere) debates Barnabas's age. . i thought it funny that a 30-something referred to him as an 'old man'. .  too old for Carolyn therefore too old for Vicki or Maggie. . :D
Julia99

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: That Old Man!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 06:56:03 AM »
...and just right for Julia! ;D
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

The Late Mrs. Collins

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 08:14:55 AM »
It did sound funny.  Calling Barnabas "old" (Tony didn't know just how old!) was an exagerration, but he was twelve years older than Jerry Lacy and nineteen years older than Nancy Barrett.  

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 09:46:45 AM »
Did anyone howl withlaughter when Tony Petersen called Barnabas "that old man" the other day! I laughed out loud. . Everyone on the Boards (here and elsewhere) debates Barnabas's age. . i thought it funny that a 30-something referred to him as an 'old man'. .  too old for Carolyn therefore too old for Vicki or Maggie. . :D

It did sound funny, considering today's standards. I remember back in the late 60's anyone over 25 seemed "old."  Now when you're in your 60's, people say "you're so young." Boy, how times have changed!! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 03:21:45 PM »
Wait a minute I am in my 40th's now.  Yiks! I remember the summer of 1976 and being horrified that I would be in my 40th's in the new century.  Change jobs recently and am working with all very young adults.  Now I am the old lady.Sob.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2002, 11:00:00 PM »
I thought the funniest thing was when he accused, "Well then you're in love with him!" And Carolyn replied, "He's my cousin!" I fell off my bed!! OMG I thought that was the funniest thing in the entire world! Just the way NB said it made me crack up. I think Barnabus is old...I mean he looks old, not that 30-something is old, but he *LOOKS* old [2 me anyway]. His eyes are all droppy and he's got these DARK eyebrows that seem 2 blend in with his daaark hair, and he's soo pale....and of course, all that's because he's a vampire, but .... ya know, Tony didn't know that. And now Carolyn's free of Barnabus and Tony's mad at her!!!!!!! WAAAAAA  :'( not fair!! I want them 2 reconcile...they're so cute....*BOUNCE* Of course, anyone and Carolyn are cute [IMHO]!!! :D :D bye bye

*~*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Actually,
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2002, 02:45:36 AM »
that day I was howling with RAGE because I forgot to set the timer on the VCR! [bawl] Oh well, I'm still working on getting on with my life. [sure]

I do remember the show though and it IS funny. As is Carolyn's response. She and Barney could hardly be very closely related, and they did look like more than typical relatives! It is funny too, that Barney was supposed to be a younger man in 1795 than he is in current time. Uhhh, vampires don't age do they?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2002, 02:59:52 AM »
Anything is possible on televison ........  ::)
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: That Old Man! -old enough to be Daddy?
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2002, 03:36:46 AM »
Since my VCR and I weren't in sync this week, I ran out and rented the videos #47 & 48. . .sometime in the near future. .Tony will even say Barnabas "is old enough to be Carolyn's father"!!!!! LOl!!!!!! [wow]
Julia99

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2002, 12:34:58 AM »
Barnabas does look to be in his early 40's  compared to Carolyn's early 20's. In that case, he COULD BE HER FATHER.   I'm assuming Tony to be in his late 20's or early 30's which would be more appropriate for Carolyn.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe