Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0218  (Read 3292 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0218
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 12:49:14 AM »
But at the end of the show he is standing outside, without his hat. We never see it again.

I am hoping someone hurled it into the fire.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 04:54:34 AM »
If we look at him standing at the door to the mausoleum he didn't have his hat or cane. Barnabas had to really be careful about what he said with Jason around that want to trip him up.  All the talk about the jewells.

I don't really think that Barn de materized i just think that the writers made a mistake, they do that a lot.

But Elizabeth  did use her standard line I will think about it, or considerate it. Or I haven't made up my mind. she sure is not quick on her feet.   :D
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 05:08:59 AM »
If we look at him standing at the door to the mausoleum he didn't have his hat or cane.

Barnabas didn't have that hat but he always had the cane [unless someone had to steal it for some purpose like in 1897.]  We just don't see it in that very last scene where he's standing at the door of the mausoleum.  I have a picture of him in the beginning of the episode after Jason leaves and he's holding it in his left hand.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »
After watching this episdode and reading all that was written in this thread, this is what struck me the most:  This episode illustrates the dichotomy of Barnanas.  He SEEMS to be a charming, well educated, and nice man to the other members of his family.  But Willie knows and fears Barnabas as a very evil vampire who is very menacing.  Barnabas looks positively spooky in that scene in the graveyard.  While Barnabas was his charming self, he was also very cagey in avoiding answering certain questions and divulging too much information.

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 05:27:44 PM »
Anyone else notice that Barnabas' hair in those to shots aren't spiked?  :o
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 05:38:38 PM »
I am keeping a watchful eye on Barnabas' hair since his first appearance. I commented that I really liked his hair when he came to Collinwood the first time to meet Liz. It was cut short, was neat and clean. No spikes. Now it appears that it's a bit more greasy but not yet spikes. Maybe it has to grow out a bit more for that. I liked it better without the spikes though they did become his trademark later on.

Alondra

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 05:46:11 PM »
I agree with Alondra, I liked the no-spikey Barny. No doubtedly it was a pain in the royal behind to get those suckers looking good everyday, not to mention that sometimes they were hugely big and sometimes they were very small. A regular comb-to-the-side haircut suits him much better.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »
I don't know, I kinda liked Barnabas with the spikes, something about them that made him very handsome.

Not saying he doesn't look good here, but all in all I am more of a Barnabas-with-spikes fan myself. [lick]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »
I think your correct sometime they did overdue the spikes, and sometimes I wonder how much stuff they had to put in his hair. ::)

[spoiler]But there are a few nice scenes where julia pushes back his bangs, like a caring person would.[/spoiler] ;)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate