Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0219  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0219
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 06:00:16 PM »
Finally he gave him this information about the loss of blood but I wondered why he said he wasn't sick. If loss of blood isn't a sickness what is?

Well, I'm guessing that a loss of blood can probably cause sickness, but a loss of blood in and of itself doesn't have to be caused by sickness. I'm presuming that if Willie was simply weak from loss of blood but no complications had set in, then that would mean he wasn't technically sick.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 08:32:44 PM »
I'm glad they recast the role of Dr. Woodard.  He was rather boring and old.  Robert Gerringer was my favorite actor in the role.

I agree too that Robert Gerringer was the best actor for Dr. Woodard. Whenever I watch the first Dr. Woodard, I always say "who's this guy?"

By the way who DID play the very first Dr. Woodard? His bedside manner was cold and detached.....he struck me as the kind of guy who was a doctor only for the money.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 08:48:14 PM »
By the way who DID play the very first Dr. Woodard? His bedside manner was cold and detached.....he struck me as the kind of guy who was a doctor only for the money.

Richard Woods played the first Dr. Woodard, then Robert Gerringer, then Peter Turgeon.

Alondra

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »
Richard Woods played the first Dr. Woodard, then Robert Gerringer, then Peter Turgeon.

Thanks for the info, Alondra.

In the cases of Dr. Woodard and Willie, the recasts were definitely superior to the originals in the long run.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 09:01:53 PM »
I also liked the second Dr. Woodard, Robert Gerringer the best. He was handsome, had a pleasant voice and manner and I would have loved him to be my doctor. The third Dr. Woodard Peter Turgeon did a great job though he was not handsome at all, and his voice was grating. But to come into a role so quickly he did a great job. I thought he was a good actor.

I also like # 2 better Robert was more likeable better bedside manor. 8)

[spoiler]maybe that is why it is easier to kill number 3, plus you can see Grayson with Robert but not with Peter  :-X[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate