Author Topic: OT: available now on DVD! AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS!  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
OT: available now on DVD! AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS!
« on: May 03, 2002, 12:07:14 AM »
This fun 1972 Amicus period gothic stars Ian Ogilvy, Stephanie Beacham and Peter Cushing. Best of all, the disc includes a commentary with me and Ian Ogilvy which I'm very happy with. It received a nice review on dvddrive-in.com and I'd love to hear other viewer comments. :D

Check it out!
Available in stores or on Amazon- just click through the restoration website's link on the homepage.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: available now on DVD! AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 01:28:43 AM »
Wow, how fabulous that you got to interview Ian Ogilvy!  I'm jealous!

I think the favorite thing I've seen him in was an episode of Robin of Sherwood (the 1980s series with Jason Connery).  He was also in one of the episodes of From Beyond the Grave, wasn't he?

And Stephanie Beacham is such a cool, fun lady.  Wonder what she's been up to lately?

Another reason for me to regret not owning a DVD player!

Steve

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 02:54:23 AM »
Ogilvy was great: an open interviewee and a very likable person.

You must get yourself a DVD player! You can get a nice one for only $200 that's less than two nights hotel at the fest! Heck, get yourself a roommate and use the extra for DVD player. It's an absolute must.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 03:21:28 AM »
Have to add to Darren's comments, Gothick, that DVD is the way to go.  I bought mine a little over a year ago, and spent the better part of last year replacing my favorite VHS tapes with DVDs.  There is no better medium available (currently, at least) for reproducing video and audio than DVD.  And no comparison when you look at the limitations of VHS.  Best of all--DVDs on the whole are less expensive than VHS tapes!!  But keep that VCR for recording off TV--DVD recorders are still not exactly priced for the average consumer.  (FYI, you can probably get a good quality player for less than $200--if not around $150-$160--at Best Buy or Circuit City.)

I love my DVD.  ;D

Brian

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 10:35:35 AM »
Hey Steve,

You definitely should treat yourself to a DVD player, for the reasons stated above, and for one other:  SATAN IN HIGH HEELS is now available on DVD.  I bought a copy, but haven't watched it yet, because all my things are in storage. (My exciting move to L.A. has become my ill-fated move to L.A.!)  But, the packaging is terrific, the disc is loaded with extras, and there's a still featuring Grayson as Pepe on the back.

Regards,

John

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 10:53:05 PM »
Thanks for all these replies.  I forgot all about this post until today, sorry about that. You guys are making me feel like I've got a Greek chorus following me around, since I have two friends who also ask me, practically every time they call, "did you buy a DVD player yet???"  I really can't afford to replace everything I have on tape onto DVD, but I'm definitely going to get stuck acquiring more of those pesky discs.  Believe it or not, I waited till 1995 before breaking down and buying a CD player.  I generally wait at least a few years to make sure the new format isn't just another fad (which was pretty much the case with laser disc--I do own 2 of them, both well worth it; one is the double house & Night of DS set, & the other is Night of the Eagle, aka Burn Witch Burn!)

John, I'm looking forward to reading your report on the Satan in High Heels DVD.  I looked at it in the shop, and was frankly annoyed that there weren't any extras that I could discern that bore any relationship to the film.  They could have at least cleaned up the trailer, since bad copies of that have been circulating for years.  I also find that Something Weird logo they put on their product VERY annoying.

Curmudgeonly old emigre New Englander,

Gothick

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2002, 04:41:51 AM »
Believe it or not, I waited till 1995 before breaking down and buying a CD player

Gothick,

I didn't buy a CD player until 1993--and I only bought it because the 4 DS CDs had become available through MPI.  I remember that I ordered the CDs and had them FedExed to me--then I went out and bought the player.

Likewise, I bought the first DS DVD and the DRACULA/JEKYLL & HYDE DVD in November 2000--to force me to finally buy a DVD player, which didn't happen until late February, 2001.

Like you, I like to wait until a format is pretty much established.

Not quite, but working on, curmudgeonly. . .

Brian

(Who's watching the ON THE TOWN DVD as he surfs the web tonight. . .) ::)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2002, 07:54:11 AM »
All right Steve i'll add my two cents i love my DVD
of course all i know how to do with yet is play a DVD but I'm learning!

jennifer
also know what you mean about waiting i finally threw away my Beta player
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV