Author Topic: Remodeling Your House DS Style  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Remodeling Your House DS Style
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 11:55:34 PM »
I'd love to have a big old house......

Only until you had to pay to HEAT that big old house.  ...... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 11:59:40 PM »
I used to always tell my younger brother that there was a secret room in the mausoleum out in the cemetery behind our house and that if he ever went in there he'd find a vampire. That was just fine when he was a scared little kid, but then he got a bit older and braver and I had to change my story real quick to keep him from trying to find the room for himself.

So... is there a vampire?   What kind of tools will I need to break in?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 12:13:44 AM »
We have a secret room in our house, too:

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 12:30:28 AM »
 [laughing4]  Good one Mark!

Nancy

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 01:59:21 AM »
We have a secret room in our house, too

[a395] [nut]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 05:31:09 AM »
LMAO Mark! We have (count em) FOUR of those secret rooms...

I've also always wanted to live in a big Old House, Magnus! I love to tour old mansions and look at all the big luxurious rooms and imagine what type of goings on happened there way back when it was a hopping place. That's one of my FAVORITE things in the world to do. To actually own one of those suckers one day, should I be rich and wealthy and all that, I'd just die. And I wouldn't buy one that didn't have at least one secret passage or secret room.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 05:26:25 PM »
We have a secret room in our house, too

Hmmm, looks more like a Tartis!  ;)  I guess then I too have a secret room.  Cleaning it is a drag though.   8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »
Hmmm, looks more like a Tartis!  ;)

Tardis...?  Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.   Don't you know anything about science?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 09:03:11 PM »
Years ago, my parents lived in a Revolutionary War-era home on Long Island. It had lots of secret passages and rooms, built, so they were told, so that the family could hide from British soldiers and/or Indians. In any event, they swore the place was haunted -- strange smells (mostly roses, my mother said), sounds of footsteps, etc. In one of the rooms in the basement, they had hung some hams or something. Guess it was like a "cold" cellar. In any event, meat would go missing. They decided to put flour on the floor to at least catch some footprints. There never were any, although the meat would be missing. Often, they'd come home and find their clothes strewn all over the place, dresser drawers open. Their dog refused to go upstairs, no matter what. One day, they went out. When they returned, they heard the dog yipping in fright from upstairs. Poor thing had been locked in a closet. They never knew how that happened. Spooky!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 09:52:38 PM »
Their dog refused to go upstairs, no matter what. One day, they went out. When they returned, they heard the dog yipping in fright from upstairs. Poor thing had been locked in a closet. They never knew how that happened. Spooky!

I'm CONVINCED animals can see dead ppl like that kid in The Sixth Sense!  My cat Louie will be sound asleep, then wake up all of the sudden and look intently at NOTHING, but his eyes are HUGE, like something that's scaring him is there.  Sometimes he'll also then bolt from the room in apparent fear.  Creeps me out every time!  :o
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »
My cat Louie will be sound asleep, then wake up all of the sudden and look intently at NOTHING, but his eyes are HUGE, like something that's scaring him is there.  Sometimes he'll also then bolt from the room in apparent fear.  Creeps me out every time!  :o

Isn't it wild when something like that happens?  [scrdy]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 12:18:18 AM »
Animals are very astute with feelings and other things. Have you ever heard someone say that a dog can tell if you're scared of it, and knows it has the upper hand? Well that's definitely true. And animals can sense the dead, I just know it. Otherwise you wouldn't get all those stories about dogs standing and barking at the corner when there's nothing there.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 12:29:17 AM »
Maybe cats are just eccentric and imaginative.  We know they create their own fun by batting inanimate objects back and forth, pretending they're alive.    They could be pretending to see things that aren't there.   We make TV shows; maybe this is what they do.   It gets boring being indoors all day.

Of course, the fact that this might be explainable in a non-supernatural way does not necessarily mean there isn't something supernatural going on.

I'm never sure if "supernatural" means anything.  If we were all to find out ghosts were real, ghosts would then become part of the "natural" world for us.

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 02:47:05 AM »
Well, here's another creepy animal story for you. Years ago, I spent summers in upstate New York (where I now live). We always visited with a family my father knew from his work. My father's friend was younger than my father and still lived at home with his parents. When the guy's father was ill and taken to the hospital and dying, the family dog was very upset. One night, he just kept howling and howling. Turns out, that was the night the man died! You bet animals can sense stuff like that.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 03:24:44 AM »
Indeed animals can sense when things are wrong. The morning my twin sister passed away, one of my mom's cats wouldn't leave her alone. He jumped on top of her and just layed there. He had never done anything like that before. He was also my sister's favorite cat.