Author Topic: Barnabas' PJ's II - And His Vampiric Powers  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Barnabas' PJ's II - And His Vampiric Powers
« on: May 02, 2002, 05:08:41 PM »
Well, we got to see Barnabas use his vampire powers of transformation for the last time - he was able to change his Kresge's-issued jammies and bathrobe into something from JC Penney's.  At least he does look a bit better, not the way our dads usually looked when they walked around the house in their sleeping attire which they've worn for the past twenty years, sorely in need of replacement, but won't discard (despite pleas from our moms) because they're "finally comfortable."

Gerard

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas' PJ's II - And His Vampiric Powers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 12:50:34 AM »
I wonder if Barnabas got cookies from Kresge's like my Dad did.  It was a Saturday night tradition for him to bring home the cookies on special.  I also remember buying those little turtles and the plastic bowl with the palm tree there.  What fun having turtle races in our little kids pool in the back yard.  

He did look much bette in the "new" jammies and robe.  Though most people take the robe off when getting into bed.  At least he took his slippers off.  Something they sometimes forget to do in DS world.

Birdie--wish I had one of those cookies now. Yum
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 04:57:11 AM »
At least he took his slippers off.  Something they sometimes forget to do in DS world.

Didn't Gerard sleep with his knee-high boots on?  How could he possibly forget to knock those off??

Ben

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 07:25:08 AM »
I wonder if Barnabas got cookies from Kresge's like my Dad did.  It was a Saturday night tradition for him to bring home the cookies on special.  I also remember buying those little turtles and the plastic bowl with the palm tree there.  What fun having turtle races in our little kids pool in the back yard.  

He did look much bette in the "new" jammies and robe.  Though most people take the robe off when getting into bed.  At least he took his slippers off.  Something they sometimes forget to do in DS world.

Birdie--wish I had one of those cookies now. Yum

We use to get those turtles, too, Birdie - plastic dish with palm tree and all.  My mom hated them because she said they always stunk.  I remember changing their water, cleaning the bowl, and feeding them that turtle food shook out of that container.  And despite all the care we gave them, they always croaked fairly early in their little, sheltered lives.

Gerard

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 10:30:17 AM »
We use to get those turtles, too, Birdie - plastic dish with palm tree and all.  My mom hated them because she said they always stunk.  I remember changing their water, cleaning the bowl, and feeding them that turtle food shook out of that container.  And despite all the care we gave them, they always croaked fairly early in their little, sheltered lives.

LOL!! You're so right Gerad! That the thing I remember about having those little creatures, they always did stink. You could clean out that water in the morning, and by afternoon, it smelled again to high heaven! Years later there was some kind of debate going on about them not being safe to have because of unsanitary conditions & salmonella. I wonder why??? ::)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2002, 02:42:03 PM »

Didn't Gerard sleep with his knee-high boots on?  How could he possibly forget to knock those off??

Ben

Possession by Judah![angryf]
It is a good day because I am still ticking!