Author Topic: Partially OT: Supernatural Soap Passions Cancelled  (Read 5083 times)

David

DISGUSTING!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 04:50:46 AM »
on tomorrow's Passions, Luis (Galen Gering)
will be raped by the stalker.

To think that this once was a fun show that mined DS & Bewitched for great laughs.

Sad............

David

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Partially OT: Supernatural Soap Passions Cancelled
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »
True, David, and now we know why it's been given the ax. Headwriter James Reilly, whom someone correctly identified as the ex head writer for Days of Our Lives, isn't the boy genius some thought he was. He's the one who was responsible for that ridiculous storyline on Days where Marlena is possessed by the devil. He's hoping, as I read yesterday, that Passions will continue either on the Internet or cable, as also has been mentioned here. Well, good luck to him, but I can't see it happening.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2007, 10:05:49 PM »
Yesterday I strongly suggested that people shouldn't discuss the storylines on the current soaps. I don't want to be a hardass (don't make me bring back the Iron Bastard!  [diablo]), but today I'm asking outright: Please do not discuss the storylines on the current soaps (or even past soaps other than DS). It's way OT, and from now on any such discussions will be subject to removal.  ;)

David

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 04:19:11 AM »
No disrespect meant, MB, but since Passions & Port Charles' reputations cme from their supernatural stories, and since the press has compared both to DS, wouldn't
anything to do with these two shows be considered on~topic?

David

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 05:47:13 AM »
I'm sorry, David, but thinking that discussing anything to do with either Passions or Port Charles simply because certain elements of those shows have been compared to DS is way too broad an assumption, and many aspects of those two shows would certainly be considered way off-topic here. The Forum's Guidelines state:

2. The purpose of these forums is to discuss DARK SHADOWS, its characters, actors and storylines.

Anything beyond that is off-topic. We're most definitely willing to allow certain other discussions that directly relate in some way to something special in the topic starter's life, or if a topic at least relates itself specifically to the horror genre, of which DS is itself a part, and focuses on that horror as it might relate to DS. But just because any type of TV show, movie or book might contain horror elements, that doesn't necessarily allow free reign to discuss details of its non-horror elements (unless, perhaps, those elements also in some way directly relate to DS). Because some DS fans might have been interested in learning about Passions' cancellation, this topic has been allowed on this board - however, discussion about mostly anything else regarding the show is much better suited for a Passions forum, which this forum is clearly not.  ;)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »
None of this should come as a surprise to anyone.  Soap Operas move like glaciers in this digital world we live in now.  How can the genre possibly attract new viewers away from content made available in faster mediums? I watch General Hospital....but I don't watch it live.....I fast forward more bits than I watch.

I mean really.....how many times can one watch Sonny marry Carly?... :P

Hey, Raineypark,

Who has a more "distinctive" hair style, General Hospital's Luke or Dark Shadows' Nicholas Blair? [hdscrt] [silly]

Bob the Bartender

David

Hair
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 06:59:48 PM »
Barnabas' spiked bangs don't get a vote?

David

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Hair
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 11:26:45 PM »
Barnabas' spiked bangs don't get a vote?

Yes,  Mr B.'s spiked bangs are indeed noteworthy!  (He sort of looks like Jughead from the old Archie comics with those plastered-down-bangs of his, imho!.)

In addition, I think that that Judge Vail, the 1840 justice who presided at Quentin's and Desmond's warlock trial, had a great head of sweeps as well.  ::)  Although, no one had as impressive a head of hair as that other learned 1840 jurist, the Hon. Judge Wiley, portrayed by the estimable Addison "The Silver Fox" Powell! (Can you imagine Mr. Powell as a lycanthrope on Dark Shadows?)   "Ahh-ooh, silver-haired werewolf of Collinsport, draws blood!"[Wolfie]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 11:41:46 PM »
from TVGuide.com
http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/#film3

Scroll about half-way down the page.

Patti

p.s....sorry, don't know how to tag it correctly... :-
What a Woman!