Author Topic: What is some never left the show  (Read 2303 times)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
What is some never left the show
« on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:35 PM »
Hello Cousins!
I am doing fine and my son is 10 months old.

Okay, what is some of the cast had never left the show? What types of storeylines would you want to see your favoirte actors and /or actresses?

dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: What is some never left the show
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:17:50 PM »
I would like to see Vicky and Barnabas have a lengthy relationship. Or at least a serious one. I truly believe that Barnabas loved her, and not necessarily as the next Josette.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:29:01 PM »
I would love to have seen Willie have a serious relatonship with someone-and ultimately stand up to Barnabas over her,so that eventually he was  no longer just B's servant, but his true friend.(And maybe eventually have a child--can't you just see Willie as a Dad?!) ;)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:12:09 PM »
I would love to have seen Willie have a serious relatonship with someone-and ultimately stand up to Barnabas over her,so that eventually he was  no longer just B's servant, but his true friend.(And maybe eventually have a child--can't you just see Willie as a Dad?!) ;)

Oh, most definitely! But you know who I'd like to see him get with. ;)

Ummm... I still think they should have hired fresh writers. Every once in a while, I've noticed that soaps start to repeat old storylines. I think that's because they have the same team re-hashing old stuff. Some writers are so talented that they need not do that, and they don't! But the reality of it is that this happens too often.

As far as storylines go, I would have liked to have seen more of the events happening in "present time". Perhaps we could have seen yet another parallel time? In that case, by then I would have hoped that Dan Curtis had gotten down on his KNEES and offered Kathryn Leigh Scott all the money in the world to come back. :-D

I don't know! There's just something fascinating about parallel worlds to me. I'm a huge fan of Sliders, myself, and would definitely like to see at least one more possibility of how and where the mains might have wound up... ~DJ

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:32:53 PM »
I would like to see Vicky and Barnabas have a lengthy relationship. Or at least a serious one. I truly believe that Barnabas loved her, and not necessarily as the next Josette.

I would have liked to see this too. I would have liked it if Julia had been able to cure him, and he would have been able to win her over as a normal man. Of course I'd want Julia to find someone too, maybe the Professor. There's a part of me that would have really enjoyed it if Barnabas had been able to show Vicki that he was the better man than Burke Devlin who always treated Vicki like a child.

I would love to have seen Willie have a serious relatonship with someone-and ultimately stand up to Barnabas over her,so that eventually he was no longer just B's servant, but his true friend.(And maybe eventually have a child--can't you just see Willie as a Dad?!) ;)

As much as I want to see Willie find love, and I despise Sam Hall's epilogue partly because he sees Willie as forever and ever the servant of Barnabas and Julia, I feel that Willie would never be able to put his wife/girlfriend first, Barnabas would always come first. She would get fed up with this eventually and walk as Roxanne did when he came back to help Barnabas during the Leviathan storyline. But yes Willie would have made a great dad. I think Barnabas would too, he wouldn't make all the mistakes Joshua did, he would have been a loving father.

Alondra

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 01:00:32 AM »
I feel that Willie would never be able to put his wife/girlfriend first, Barnabas would always come first. She would get fed up with this eventually and walk as Roxanne did when he came back to help Barnabas during the Leviathan storyline.

We can really only presume that she got tired of waiting and headed to New York without him, but because there was never another word about her, we don't know anything about Roxanne's actions or reaction.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 01:13:31 AM »
I would have Joe and Maggie get back together and get married.

I would have Barnabas finally return Julia's feelings for him and see them wed as well.

I think Elizabeth and Carolyn both desperately needed some happiness in their lives (but then who didn't on this show?) and would have liked for the both of them to find a new man to fill their lives.

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I would have liked to have seen Quentin to fall in love with a Daphne or Beth lookalike and fall in love with them (for who they really were and not who they resembled).

I also think Willie deserved happiness with SOMEONE.....maybe Carolyn? (hey it may seem far-fetched but there's no denying John and Nancy proved they had such great chemistry as PT Will and Carolyn, Desmond and Leticia, Kendrick and Melanie).

I would have loved to have seen Vicki return, if only to disprove that stupid twist about [spoiler]Jeb pushing her off Widows' Hill.[/spoiler]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 03:42:59 AM »
I would like to see Vicki Winters in a PT and not be so naive.  I'd like to see her play the "bad" girl.

I would like a closure on Vicki's parentage once and for all!  Maybe Vicki would show up and no one could explain it!

I'd like to know what happened to Adam!!  Maybe come back and challenge Barnabas in some way.

I agree that Willie needs to find a life of his own and settle down with someone.  Carolyn is an interesting choice and that relationship could create all kinds of fun subplots!  Just think of all the people who would object and for what reasons. LOL

I always thought Maggie and Joe needed to clear the air, find peace between them and start over again... resulting in being a couple as in married.

I'd like to see Julia and Barnabas come clean with Professor Stokes and tell him EVERYTHING they promised to tell him and never did!
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »
I would have liked to have seen Barnabas make his way back to 1794 or 1793, correct or battle the wrongs that were done with Angelique, and then marry Josette and stay in his own time where he belongs

I would have backburned Barnabas for months but have him come back sometimes as a ghost, or when someone - maybe Julia, contacts him for support on something. Example: maybe Barnabas left some "vampire legacy" in 1968 and the dynamic duo of Julia and Vickie fight them off.  I'd keep Barnabas and Julia friends througout time, with Josette's permission, of course.

I'd pair Julia Hoffman with another cool guy and maybe marry her to a local Collinsport businessman.

I'd keep the Collins family going. Put Carolyn in college, give her a good job and a first tier story.

I guess I'd have Maggie and Joe finally marry and create a new major family group unit. Not sure what I'd do with Maggie's development ...

David would need upgrading

I'd try to focus on the human element but still keep the vampire thing going with some new and interesting victims trying to escape the curse that originated with Angelique

Angelique will continue to be the demon female warrior who makes a frigtening appearance so often but I'd keep her away from Barnabas and Josette

Have some alternative time stories where Julia visits Barnabas. Barnabas and Josette are happy, raise a family and lead a relatively normal life - but Barnabas remembers all that happened to him as a vampire and never forgets. This clouds his personality. He never quite confides his experiences with Josette but she suspects something terrible happened to him.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 03:55:23 PM »
I would have liked to have seen Barnabas make his way back to 1794 or 1793, correct or battle the wrongs that were done with Angelique, and then marry Josette and stay in his own time where he belongs

I have considered this also. Once Barnabas learned that time travel was possible and he had done it a few times, I think it would occur to him that he might go back to the year before when he went to Martinique and first met Angelique, he'd give her a wide berth! Then he could have had the happy life with Josette [spoiler]that he had in Will Loomis' first book about Barnabas Collins in which he marries Josette and lives until 1830.[/spoiler] Though it seems this story would be boring by comparison to what actually happened, it would have been happy and the 1795 Barnabas deserves that. He did not deserve all the wicked things that happened to him courtesy of Angelique.

Of course whenever I mention something like this someone will always say, oh but then we wouldn't have had a show! True.

Alondra
:)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 04:12:12 PM »
I think Barnabas would too, he wouldn't make all the mistakes Joshua did, he would have been a loving father.

ITA w/this!  He was SO sweet to Sarah and Amy.  He was very nurturing (sp?) to Sarah, more fatherly than brotherly.  And [spoiler]once he got over the notion of killing David, he was very kind and fatherly to him too.[/spoiler]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
I would have liked to have seen Ned Stuart and Madame Findlay (sp?) become involved in a May/December relationship, a la Dustin Hoffman and the late, great Anne Bancroft in "The Graduate."  [love3]

In addition, I would have liked to have seen my personal Dark Shadows hero, the venerable Bob Rooney, enjoy a madcap summer fling with Donna Friedlander, the most "poplular" young lady in Collinsport, Maine, ever since the days of the late, lamented and, certainly, unforgettable "party girl/woman," Maude Browning. [love10]  [beer] [cheerleader]

Offline billart

• Illustrator/Designer/Flash animator
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile: BillArt_2
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 04:20:59 PM »

I have considered this also. Once Barnabas learned that time travel was possible and he had done it a few times, I think it would occur to him that he might go back to the year before when he went to Martinique and first met Angelique, he'd give her a wide berth! Then he could have had the happy life with Josette [spoiler]that he had in Will Loomis' first book about Barnabas Collins in which he marries Josette and lives until 1830.[/spoiler] Though it seems this story would be boring by comparison to what actually happened, it would have been happy and the 1795 Barnabas deserves that. He did not deserve all the wicked things that happened to him courtesy of Angelique.

Of course whenever I mention something like this someone will always say, oh but then we wouldn't have had a show! True.

The time travel paradox always has gaping holes & irony; maybe that's why I love it so much. What "if" Barnabas went back to undo the Angelique encounter? Having foresight (or in time travel, is it hindsight? damm...) he could take Julia Hoffman with him. They wear charms to protect themselves. Dr. Hoffman mixes more of her gourmet 'dry-ice' serum & cure Angelique's witchcraft while she's strapped in that cellar chair. To keep Angelique happy while she's tied down, they give her a David Collins doll, just barely within reach on the chair's armrest, to stick pins in & amuse herself. After a brief period where she morphs into a disgustingly old Mother Teresa caricature, she is cured of her animosity & petty jealousy. Angelique & Ben Stokes marry on the same day that Barnabas and Josette do. No, it's not a splendid joint ceremony; Angie & Ben are servants, & must wed in the stables. As Angelique walks down the aisle, a well-meaning but clumsey Clydesdale steps on her train. In humilation, Angelique runs off into the woods crying. Sadly, a freakishly similar incident occurs during Josette's ceremony (if only they had abided by Naomi's no indoor horses policy), and she runs off into the woods also! Both women collide in the dark on widower's hill, plunging them both into the ocean!! Barnabas & Ben join the French foreign legion to forget, where they meet & serve for Napoleon.

Napoleon, an assortment of dead limps, and poorly constructed, must keep a hand under his vest, to secure the one loose thread that could cause him to completely unravel. Along comes Ben, a well-meaning but clumsey French soldier, .... (To be continued; maybe; unless I get bored...or forget) >:D
I 'think' I'm ok...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »
I would have liked to have seen Ned Stuart and Madame Findlay (sp?) become involved in a May/December relationship, a la Dustin Hoffman and the late, great Anne Bancroft in "The Graduate."

[a345]

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »
I would have liked to have seen Ned Stuart and Madame Findlay (sp?) become involved in a May/December relationship, a la Dustin Hoffman and the late, great Anne Bancroft in "The Graduate."

[a345]

How about Ezra Braithwaite and Hallie (or is that Carrie?) Stokes, a la James Mason and Sue Lyon in "Lolita"? [shockeyes] [winkg]