Author Topic: What Vicki Does or Doesn't Know  (Read 989 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
What Vicki Does or Doesn't Know
« on: May 02, 2002, 09:55:12 AM »
I couldn't say anything while 1795 was still going on, as anyone seeing it for the first time wouldn't know how Vicki managed to get back, etc.  But, while she knew about Angelique being the witch and a lot of the things that went on, she clearly never learned about Barnabas.  At first she thought he had gone to England, as she had originally learned, and then she was told that he was dead.  She was in jail until the very end and never saw him again, so there was no way she could have learned the secret.

But, then what was it all about?  It started with the seance and they tried to contact Sarah.  When this happened, I assumed it was a means for her to learn the truth.  But, while she learned about a lot of it, she never learned the real secret that was affecting them in the present.  And, now she has partial amnesia and doesn't recall a lot of what she did know.

I can understand Barnabas being concerned about what she might know, but he should realize that she never learned about him.  Of course, we're back to "dumb" Vicki.  While she never learned that he was a vampire, she did learn that he died rather than going to England, so at some point she should start to wonder who this descendant is, but that part never seems to occur to her.

Meanwhile, just before the seance, they were all worried about David.  One of his stories was about being hidden in the secret room, which everyone dismissed.  When Ben took her to the secret room, how come it didn't suddenly dawn on her that this was what David had been talking about.  And now, back in the present, she wants to check to see if there really IS a secret room, but she still doesn't seem to remember that David had claimed there was.
Josette

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
Re: What Vicki Does or Doesn't Know
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2002, 10:47:35 AM »
Hi Josette,

The thing that I find interesting is that when Vicki did return Barnabas did not really seem to know much about her visit to the past. To me he just did not seem to "remember" her from 1795.

Maybe he was afraid that someone like Forbes told Vicki that he was a walking dead person. Certainly Barnabas was not worried that Vicki would figure it out (or anything) for herself.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 02:44:01 AM »
I wondered about all of that too - ESPECIALLY the secret room. David told EVERYONE about the secret room in the mausoleum. Not only should Vicki have remembered his claim while in 1795, but she should have remembered it in 1968 as well.

I would also have to agree that everyone's concern about David has been dropped without explanation or resolution.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 02:45:08 AM »
I wondered about that too. But it seems that Millicent covered that base by telling Vicky that Barney was alive. Gullible Vicky never questioned that source, it seems. I seem to remember Barney explaining that Angelique was his mother to Vicky, but I don't remember when he said that. (And I sometimes mis-remember anyway, what was  I just talking about?) It seems like Vicky would have recalled Angelique being dead, but continuity is never a strong point and she is a dim bulb at best anyway.

They also explained something that I had forgotten from the last time around. That Vicky and Phyliss Wicke had traded places and that everything Barney remembered as happening to Wicke, happened to Vicky. I kept thinking that Barney would have remembered Vicky from his past, instead he was terrified to see Wicke for her moments in the present time.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 03:03:23 AM »
I wondered about that too. But it seems that Millicent covered that base by telling Vicky that Barney was alive. Gullible Vicky never questioned that source, it seems.

This is another discrepency - when did Millicent ever tell Vicki Barnabas was still alive? I don't recall Millicent ever visiting Vicki in Gaol, nor did they have any conversations during the brief time Vicki was hiding out at Collinwood after her escape. In fact Millicent believed Victoria was a witch and I'm hard pressed to explain why she would have spoken to Vicki at all even given the chance.