Author Topic: Crazy car crash  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Crazy car crash
« on: May 02, 2002, 07:53:30 AM »
After watching today's episode with the car crashing and hearing the sound of broken glass shattering with the tires screeching away, I found it amazing that neither Vicky nor Barnabas came away with as much as a scrape on their heads! [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
Re: Crazy car crash
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2002, 08:05:32 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself! I guess no bloodloss or bleeding [AT ALL] is slightly plausible....for DS anyway, but they were like perfectly fine! Not a hair out of place, no bruises or anything.

And I thought it was funny how Dr. Lang figured out what was going on sooooooo quickly!! Him and Abigail must both just know abolutely everything about everything. It's like, "Hmm..little blood. Hmm...bites on neck. VAMPIRE!" It took Julia like.....months! And Vicki *still* hasn't figured it out.....well.....I guess that goes w/o saying! ;)

*~*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 04:15:16 PM »
When watching the accident last night my daughter and I found it very funny.  Jeff wasn't even in the road just on the side.  Hello Vicki, did you ever hear about brakes, no lets just drive into a tree.  Where did she learn how to drive a car?  Correspondents school.  Lets just say I don't think I would get in a car with her.lol.

Birdie--who is stuck in the house today, without a car. sob.  My car is getting new breaks.    No excuse not to do housework.  
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2002, 06:56:36 PM »
When watching the accident last night my daughter and I found it very funny.  Jeff wasn't even in the road just on the side.  Hello Vicki, did you ever hear about brakes, no lets just drive into a tree.  Where did she learn how to drive a car?  Correspondents school.  Lets just say I don't think I would get in a car with her.lol.

Birdie--who is stuck in the house today, without a car. sob.  My car is getting new breaks.    No excuse not to do housework.  

Birdie
there is always an excuse for not doing house work
like today i have a hang nail LOL!!
Would have been funny to see Barnabas try to drive!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2002, 08:42:11 PM »
Would have been funny to see Barnabas try to drive!

I may be imagining this but doesn't he drive at some point during the show? I seem to remember thinking that it was weird because here was this guy from 1795 behind the wheel of a car...talk about adjusting well to new surroundings!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2002, 09:01:55 PM »
Yes .. I think he (Barnabas) drives in the Leviathan (sp?) time period. And I think he runs over someone.

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2002, 10:39:11 PM »
Yes .. I think he (Barnabas) drives in the Leviathan (sp?) time period. And I think he runs over someone.

[spoiler]he doesn't just run over "someone," he runs into Quentin!  [eek][/spoiler]

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2002, 02:31:32 AM »
Crazy is right! Though from comments here, I think more than one person might crash their car if Roger Davis appeared on the roadside waving at them! Though perhaps it would be more of a hit and run type accident.

Ummmm, Barney has been shot with an arrow and shot with a gun,  it took him only moments to completely recover. One little itsy-bitsy car crash and he is completely laid up and unconscious? Puhleeze.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2002, 03:25:50 AM »
I've only seen the first episode from yesterday, ending with the cliffhanger car crash.  I didn't remember it being that funny the first time I saw it!   :D

From the end of that episode, my guess would be that Peter Bradford's time in 1968 was nipped in the bud, with Vicki's over-reaction driving ...   ;)

And, BTW, just how long a drive is it to the cemetery?  It never seemed to take David or Sarah quite that long to get there (I'm still in awe of Sarah running out of Collinwood smack dab into the midst of the cemetery, in front of the Collins' crypt!).

:)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2002, 04:17:20 AM »
Oh YEAH! I just could not remember who it was that he ran into!

What kind of a car was Barnabas drivng?!!!!

PS... So Barnabas had an car accident, Roger did and Vicki did. Anyone else?

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2002, 08:52:25 AM »
Ummmm, Barney has been shot with an arrow and shot with a gun,  it took him only moments to completely recover. One little itsy-bitsy car crash and he is completely laid up and unconscious? Puhleeze.

I never thought of that!!  That's really funny. ;D ;D
Josette

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2002, 03:32:31 PM »
Anoteher thing is what kind of car was it suppose to be.  It looked like a kiddy car.  I don't remember cars being that small in the 60th's.

Vicki took the long way to the cemetery.  My daugher commented on how long it took them.  

How many points do you get if you hit Roger Davis?

Birdie--got to start my day, clean the car out, pack for a over night to N.J.  Think kindly of me.  We are going to a family event.  two of my children, hubby, my mother and 3 dogs.  Another National Lampoon family trip.  
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2002, 06:31:59 PM »
Crazy is right! Though from comments here, I think more than one person might crash their car if Roger Davis appeared on the roadside waving at them! Though perhaps it would be more of a hit and run type accident.

I'm surprized that Vicki didn't HEAR Jeff Clark from like a mile away!LOL

jennifer
spoiler

I forgot Barnabas does hit "Grant" Doesn't sound funny but it is funny to think of almost 200 year vampire driving!

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2002, 08:00:31 PM »

I forgot Barnabas does hit "Grant" Doesn't sound funny but it is funny to think of almost 200 year vampire driving!

I woner what he has accumulated in BAT MILES! ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2002, 09:28:46 PM »

spoiler

LOL!  I wonder how & when he aquired his drivers license?  I just hope he didn't take lessons from Vicky! ;)
"Calamity Jane"