Author Topic: DVD Question  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
DVD Question
« on: December 28, 2006, 05:33:10 AM »
For Christmas I got DS DVD Set 19, among other things. I've noticed a couple of problems with mine and I'm wondering if anyone else has had these problems or if mine is just defective.

First, there's no postcard with a picture inside. Nothing at all. The fold out episode guide thing is there, and so is MPI's too-thick booklet. But no post card. Bah! I want my post card!

Also, there's a misprint on the back where the interviews are listed: KLS is listed instead of Nancy Barrett.

Everything else if fine. They play just fine, so far, and I'm enjoying it. If everyone else is missing the postcard too, then I guess I'm not the only one. But I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the few that didn't get the postcard.

If someone else has it, can they post a picture of it or say what it looks like? Thanks.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:35:58 PM »
Brandon,

Just checked my copy of #19.  Mine lists KLS too, but I have my postcard.  Now, having said that, there was one volume, can't remember if it was 19 or another, where I didn't get my postcard.  I simply called MPI and let them know and they sent me one.  So try that.  ;)  Good luck!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 03:55:01 AM »
brandon,

sorry you didn't get the postcard.f.y.i. it's a 1970 photograph of carolyn and quentin.

i'm glad you're enjoying these episodes.much to my surprise i really liked them too.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 06:38:17 AM »
Thanks for the help. I'll try calling MPI tomorrow. But, will it work even if you didn't buy your DVDs directly from MPI? Because I'm sure that the person who gave these to me probably got them from DeepDiscountDVD.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 02:22:05 PM »
When I buy an assemble-it-yourself bookcase from Home Depot, the instructions say if a piece is missing, don't call the store, call the manufacturer.  I imagine the same thing goes for DVD sets.  Anyway, you can profess total ignorance of where the giver got the set.  "It was so nice of my grandmother to give it to me.  If I told her there was something wrong with it, it would break her sweet old heart."

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 04:53:51 PM »
Thanks for the help. I'll try calling MPI tomorrow. But, will it work even if you didn't buy your DVDs directly from MPI? Because I'm sure that the person who gave these to me probably got them from DeepDiscountDVD.

Shouldn't, they are the manufacturers like Lydia pointed out.  I got all my DVD's first from Best Buy, then Amazon.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"