Author Topic: Does Roger Deserve a Wedgie?  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: Does Roger Deserve a Wedgie?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 01:34:48 AM »
Roger-during the Quentin as a ghost storyline, he was, as always, the eternal skeptic and acted like such a jackass especially to Barnabas and Professor Stokes who only wanted to help the family.

My most recent watching has been the early eps, starting with DVD #1, and did anyone else notice how Roger back then had been the one all gung ho to do the seance and maybe see some spooks.  One wonders just when Roger mutated into Mr. "I don't believe in spooks!"

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 12:36:55 AM »
God bless Louis Edmonds, I truly enjoy all of the characters he played, but each and every one of his characters at one time or another deserved an atomic wedgie and a really annoying noogie to go along with it:

Edward-[spoiler]after learning Barnabas is a vampire, Mr.-know-it-all Edward Collins strongly believed his vampire cuz must have chose to live a life of eternal misery....don't know how Edward came to this logic, and he wasn't the least bit interested in hearing Barnabas' side of the story. He really infuriated me when he held Barnabas in the cell and condemned him for "making a pact with the devil."[/spoiler] I would have loved to have given Edward 10 atomic wedgies and lots of painful noogies at that moment.

I totally agree with this. In the early 1897 storyline [spoiler]Edward had made friends with Barnabas. They had had dinner at the Old House, and later on Barnabas saved Edward's children from Laura's fire. But as soon as he learned Barnabas was a vampire he turned totally against him and forgot what Barnabas had done for him.[/spoiler]

I always say Edward is a nit. That word is my own invention and it means No Intelligence There. Edward was probably the stupidest of the Louis Edmonds characters. I absolutely loved it when [spoiler]Petofi's kiss through Jamison turned him into a servant! Only why did Trask lock him in the tower room rather than letting him serve lol!![/spoiler]

I think L.E. was best when he played a ghost.

Alondra

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 02:10:54 AM »
I just had an urge as impossible to resist as the urge of a vampire to time-travel.... to ask the question that must be on everyone's minds, after they read this thread title anyway.

When I first read this question, I thought of Roger Davis, not Roger Collins.  And my first impulse was.... HELL YES!  [rofl10]  But now that I know you mean Roger Collins, I still haven't changed my mind about RD.  I will shift gears though, and concentrate on the character.  [clown]

Does Roger Collins have a wedgie in his future?  Should he?   Would it be a justifiable wedgie?    Atomic, or not?   Would his face be capable of registering the degree of sheer outrage which would result?   Would he sprain his face trying?

Sure he does and David has first dibs on administering it! I also agree that other characters deserved wedgies such as Edward.  I think it would be fun to see Barnabas get one at a party.  How undignified that would be... and funny! I think it would humble the Collins' men several notches.   [chkyy]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 02:19:16 AM »
Speaking of Louis Edmonds, he appeared so different from his many characters on DS.  I saw an excerpt on my DS DVD where he was on stage, singing and dancing, dressed in leather pants and jacket.  Actually, he looked GREAT. He was at a fest years ago performing on stage.  He just appeared so jovial, a man who knew how to have fun and lighten up!!  Alas, I would love to see him on stage but not in this life-time.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 02:27:09 AM »
Yes, give Roger Davis a wedgie! Though I must confess this is the first time I ever heard of this word, and I had to click on Midnite's link to find out what it is.

Now I'm having the enormous fun of imagining this happening to Quentin!

Alondra

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 02:33:15 AM »
and David has first dibs on administering it! I also agree that other characters deserved wedgies such as Edward.  I think it would be fun to see Barnabas get one at a party.  How undignified that would be... and funny! I think it would humble the Collins' men several notches.   [chkyy]

We can only hope that restoration work on the third DS film proceeds on schedule.   The world will indeed be blown away by the horror of Night of Dark Wedgies.    No one in the Collins family manages to escape the curse.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 02:38:57 AM »
We can only hope that restoration work on the third DS film proceeds on schedule.   The world will indeed be blown away by the horror of Night of Dark Wedgies.    No one in the Collins family manages to escape the curse.

I look forward to THAT movie!!   [blob5]  I hope that some of the ghosts, witches and zombies join in the fun, as far as receiving them, that is.  [bootyshake]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 02:44:37 AM »
Yes, give Roger Davis a wedgie! Though I must confess this is the first time I ever heard of this word, and I had to click on Midnite's link to find out what it is.

Now I'm having the enormous fun of imagining this happening to Quentin!

They aren't as much fun receiving as they are giving or watching someone else get one.   [evilb]