Author Topic: Does Roger Deserve a Wedgie?  (Read 3100 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Does Roger Deserve a Wedgie?
« on: December 24, 2006, 03:22:48 PM »
I just had an urge as impossible to resist as the urge of a vampire to time-travel.... to ask the question that must be on everyone's minds, after they read this thread title anyway.

Does Roger Collins have a wedgie in his future?  Should he?   Would it be a justifiable wedgie?    Atomic, or not?   Would his face be capable of registering the degree of sheer outrage which would result?   Would he sprain his face trying?

Dignity has its price.   If I have anything to say about it, that is.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Does Roger Deserve a Wedgie?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 10:31:13 PM »
Suggestion for a poll (though I'm too lazy to create it):  Which Louis Edmonds character most deserves a wedgie?  And what version of time travel - ghostly helper, I Ching, or Q-Staircase - would be most effectual for delivering an Atomic Wedgie to Joshua?  And, finally, what is an Atomic Wedgie, anyway?

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 07:23:36 AM »
The ghost of Peter Bradford deserves a Melvin for his appearence at the end of the Leviathin story
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »
I actually found out about all these kid things after I reached adulthood.   I haven't heard of a Melvin.    I hope it's pretty bad, though.    
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 04:02:31 AM »
I haven't heard of a Melvin

I have, but can't remember what it is, LOL!  ;)

[8_2_77]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 04:12:05 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 06:36:25 AM »
That's bad alright!   Thanks Midnite!  Let's not give Roger one of those!    Bradford, fine.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 05:37:40 AM »
God bless Louis Edmonds, I truly enjoy all of the characters he played, but each and every one of his characters at one time or another deserved an atomic wedgie and a really annoying noogie to go along with it:

Roger-during the Quentin as a ghost storyline, he was, as always, the eternal skeptic and acted like such a jackass especially to Barnabas and Professor Stokes who only wanted to help the family.

Joshua-for [spoiler]disowning Barnabas for his insisting on marrying Angelique as soon as possible (okay I will say that Barnbas should have listened to Joshua on this one and not marry her at all but still it WAS Barnabas' right to decide who he wanted to marry, even though his choice for a wife was not very smart at all in hindsight).[/spoiler]

Edward-[spoiler]after learning Barnabas is a vampire, Mr.-know-it-all Edward Collins strongly believed his vampire cuz must have chose to live a life of eternal misery....don't know how Edward came to this logic, and he wasn't the least bit interested in hearing Barnabas' side of the story. He really infuriated me when he held Barnabas in the cell and condemned him for "making a pact with the devil."[/spoiler] I would have loved to have given Edward 10 atomic wedgies and lots of painful noogies at that moment.

Roger (1970 PT version)-wedgies and noogies would be too kind for him....he [spoiler]killed two members of his own family for crying out loud! How about him having the same fate as Damion Edwards?[/spoiler]

Daniel Collins-maybe the only one of LE's characters that didn't need a wedgie....true, [spoiler]he did murder his wife, but Daniel had grown into being a very unstable man....and after the tragedies he witnessed in 1795, it's not hard to see why.[/spoiler]

(edited by mod.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »
The same fate as Damian Edwards.... you mean PT Roger should have been forced to wear a leisure suit?!!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 02:37:16 AM »
Roger (1970 PT version)-wedgies and noogies would be too kind for him....he [spoiler]killed two members of his own family for crying out loud! How about him having the same fate as Damion Edwards?[/spoiler]

True, PT Roger did those awful things listed in the spoiler tags, but he was also SO DAMN FUNNY!   [santa_evil]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 04:25:41 AM »
The same fate as Damian Edwards.... you mean PT Roger should have been forced to wear a leisure suit?!!

LOL, yeah exactly! For Roger, that proper, pompous, proper-attire kind of guy, that would be a fate worse than death! [grinb]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 07:49:07 PM »
I'm afraid I have no idea what a wedgie is, but the original 1966 Roger Collins was a wonderfully devious character.  I laugh everytime I watch the scene where [spoiler]he attempts to terrorize Vicki when David's locked her in the room in the "closed-off" West Wing (that wound up seeing more foot traffic than Boston's South Station on a typical afternoon, it seems).  Edmonds played that scene with such wonderful poise, despite the absurdity of it.[/spoiler]

My second favorite Edmonds characterization is PT 1970 Roger.  He's so catty he cracks me up.  I love when he tells Alexis that mentioning Angelique and Maggie in the same line is "like comparing a sable to a mouse"--and Parker's bitchy smirk in response.  Edmonds had the same flair as the late, great Clifton Webb with this sort of vicious yet elegant dialogue.

G.

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 09:14:31 PM »
Edmonds had the same flair as the late, great Clifton Webb with this sort of vicious yet elegant dialogue.

Everytime I see a movie with Clifton Webb, I think of the late Mr. Edmonds.  I just saw the movie "Laura" recently and thought how good our beloved Mr. Edmonds could have played that part.  He also could have handled some of George Sanders roles.  Mr. Edmonds was far more dashing than both Sanders and Webb but with just as much acerbic charm.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 04:49:13 AM »
So... yanking Roger's underwear up roughly in the back so that it hangs out is not something to hope for, even for the bad relation version?

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 02:36:40 PM »
     What could be more fun than giving a pompous ass a wedgie?
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer