Author Topic: Festival of Reservations  (Read 821 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Festival of Reservations
« on: May 02, 2002, 04:36:10 AM »
I just made my reservations for the festival and I'm already counting the days!  ;D As far as reservations go I know that there will be as many different experiences as there are people making them but for what it's worth I thought I would pass this info on.  

When I first called the Marriott central reservations number - the one listed on the Dark Shadows Festival page (1-800-228-9290) the person I talked to sounded a little confused as to there being a convention rate during that time.  ::) Then she told me the only thing left at that rate was July 1 and 2 (a tad late I'd say ?!?).  She then quoted me a price of $169 and up for a four night stay :-[. I thought about it but then decided to try calling the Anaheim Marriott direct (714-750-8000).  The guy I talked to there knew exactly what I was talking about and I was able to book the room for the 4 nights I wanted at the convention rate of $99 per night.   ;D

So, if you haven't booked your room yet you probably shouldn't hesitate.  But, as of this evening at around 7:00 central time there were still rooms available at the convention rate. So don't take $169+ for an answer until you check both places.  Almost the exact thing happened when I made the NYC reservations last year - the second call seems to be the charm. ;)

Good luck everyone - see you in LA LA LAND!  8)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Festival of Reservations
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2002, 09:12:43 PM »
I made my reservations awhile ago but at that time was told they were booked the night of 7/2 so I am leaving that day. I also called the hotel direct and they had all the information right away.
This weekend I am going to buy my new luggage. I figure this year I will  get "real" luggage and stop trying to shove all my belongings into a carryon bag. I pretty much put the kitchen sink in there.
Teresa

" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: Festival of Reservations
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 10:53:47 PM »
I am very envious of all you lucky DS fans going to the Fest this year.  Flying to the West Coast is not in our budget.  Just can't justify it for one member of our family who would love to go.  We are doing the road trip to Disney World the end of May.  Twenty two hours in a car with the  family.  That is what I call an adventure.  Actually, we have done it before.  

One last hurrah for the whole gang.  

Birdie--I am going to want to hear all about the fest.  Take notes.
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth