Author Topic: Complete Series on Ebay  (Read 1209 times)

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Complete Series on Ebay
« on: December 23, 2006, 05:59:12 AM »
I have now listed for sale on ebay my complete set of un-opened, un-viewed MPI VHS tapes of the original Dark Shadows series.  This inlcudes ALL 254 volumes containing all 1,225 episodes.

The auction is at:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220064074012&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Complete Series on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 10:02:40 PM »
The following isn't directed at I Ching (great name!) but the board in general.

If anyone has DS on VHS, who has no use for it any longer, and might like the idea of helping out someone on a low fixed Disability income (subsistence level... they calculate it all very carefully so you can buy food and that's just about it... I have this computer because of a program in Texas that helps people with eye disorders get computers)-- I could pay shipping and I suppose a token amount over that if needed.   I'll think about more, if you need me to, but I'll need to do some drastic juggling with my "budget"... but I'll understand.

I just have two big holes in my DS that need filling... everything from the premiere up to... I guess the first of the original (red) tape series that has unedited episodes, around #8 I think (red letters on the spine).   From before that I have the Collector's series #49-52 (blue letters on spine), only.

Regular series (red) I have: #1-3 (edited, which I hope someday to replace with unedited from blue series), #8-35 (Barnabas just bitten), #39, then #101-200.   I got these in 2002 at a thrift store, and don't expect that kind of luck again, and couldn't afford the $200 ($1.50 per tape) these days, or ever again, with my tiny buying power plummetting.

I could not think of a way of saying the above that didn't make me sound pathetic, but maybe that's to be expected.    If anyone had ever found a dignified way of asking for charity, we'd all have heard about it by now.   I'd give her/him a medal, I think... for creative writing?    He/she would certainly deserve something.

Anyway, please help if you can.    TV is a real lifeline.   I basically need to live in my imagination, given how things are.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Series on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 02:19:02 AM »
Unfortunately, Magnus, I plan to keep my VHS MPI tapes as a "backup" for my DVDs, so I can't give anything to you.  However, you can now get individual VHS tapes dirt cheap on eBay, Amazon and other sources.  Good luck on building up your video archive!