Author Topic: OT:The Shuttered Room  (Read 878 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
OT:The Shuttered Room
« on: November 03, 2006, 04:37:04 AM »
Anyone heard of the movie The Shuttered Room?  Anyone know know if it's available on DVD?
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: OT:The Shuttered Room
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:16:47 AM »
I take it you're referring to the film adaptation of August Derleth's short story with Oliver Reed and Carol Lynley. As far as I know, it's never been released on DVD.

The original tale was Derleth's "expansion" of one of Lovecraft's story fragments and was meant to follow "The Dunwich Horror" (which was one of the tales that inspired the Leviathans). The movie had decent atmosphere and a good performance by Reed, but it proved to be little more than a pale shadow of Derleth's story, which was a pale shadow of the Lovecraft tale that inspired it.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 05:43:45 AM »
It's never been released on VHS either, outside of bootlegs and off-air recordings.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 07:56:42 AM »
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 03:42:22 PM »
How sometimes hearing something will trigger memories!  I've totally forgotten about that movie until now just reading the title.  I saw it once, a long, long time ago, on the old CBS Thursday Night at the Movies.  Anyone remember that?  We're talking about the nineteen-sixties.  It's where I also saw, for the first time, such cinematic treats as The Innocents and The African Queen.  All I recall about The Shuttered Room was that it creeped me out, especially the scene where Carol Lynley was trying to hide in a spooky attic or some-such-place and took refuge in an enormous dollhouse.  And then, peaking through a dollhouse window at her, was..............

Gerard