Author Topic: Daphne/Vicki  (Read 846 times)

IluvBarnabas

Daphne/Vicki
« on: November 03, 2006, 02:37:31 AM »
I don't know about anyone else but when I saw the Daphne episodes for the first time on videotape, I was thinking, "Gosh, she reminds me so much of Vicki!"

Loved Kate as Daphne, but I was thinking she could have made a very believable Vicki (more so than the unfortunate Betsy).

I was also thinking if the writers hadn't put in that stupid [spoiler]Jeb killing Vicki on Widows' Hill[/spoiler] twist in during the Leviathan storyline, wouldn't it have been cool to have had Daphne somehow related to Vicki....like maybe being her granddaughter? As I said Daphne was, in a lot of ways so much like Vicki.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Daphne/Vicki
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:16:59 AM »
It still could have worked, IMO.  Vicki was sent back to 1795 but she wasn't killed until 1797.  She and Peter could have had a rug rat in that time.

Offline DSFan008

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:31:06 AM »
i always felt that might have been a storyline they'd have done if..

1) the show lasted longer
and

2) if they could have gotten Alexandra to return as Vicki

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:31:37 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Daphne was supposed to be like Vicki as a sort of replacement, since the show had been lacking the victim-I don't understand-type (except for Maggie who left the show). Kate Jackson is wonderful. I just wish she'd get off her Charlie's Angels pedastal and come to a convention. It's not like they're ever going to have a CA reunion anyway.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 12:07:34 AM »
Well Kate probably is more famous for Charlie's Angels than Dark Shadows. Even my other DS pals who also watched Charlie's Angels had no idea she had ever been on DS until the show came out on video. [hall2_rolleyes]

I must confess I have never seen even one episode of Charlie's Angels. So Kate to me will always be Daphne Harridge.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 10:02:33 PM »
Definitely DC had to have his dark haired ingenue (sp?) type, so after Vicki left, they changed Maggie into another Vicki, so we lost Maggie. I was sorry to see Maggie change into Vicki. A friend of mine calls her Magtoria. Then Maggie leaves the show and DC had to get yet another dark haired girl and we have Daphne. I liked Daphne though, she had a bit more spunk than Vicki or Magtoria.

I never cared for Charlie's Angels but not because of her, because of Cheryl Ladd who I never could abide.

Alondra